mightymints

Interview approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21 posts in this topic

13769_306603185181_510535181_9552027_6765191_n.jpg

Finally arrived today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!

Edit: oops, posted with Haleys account!

Edited by haleywynne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

haha that is so exciting. congrats! we should have ours next week.

K1

Vermont Service Center / London Embassy

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-02-23

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-07-13

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-08-26

on 2009-9-30, dos was finally able to tell us that london processed our packet 3 forms

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-10-22

Medical Date : 2009-10-23

Interview Result : Approved! (received visa 13 days after interview because medical results were pending)

Ellie arrives at POE JFK (NY) : 2009-12-05

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hello. would like to congratulate u both :) so nice to hear ppls experiences n great news on aprovals. well done :)

Reading through yr interview experience sounds like yr fiancee was with u through the hole thing? Iv yet to have my interview and im so nervous .

Edited by yorkshirerose22

November 2007: Michael Messaged Leanne on Facebook!

January 2009: Michael & Leanne got engaged!

May 26, 2009: Filed I-129F!

November 20, 2009: Leanne's medical in London (she never received packet 3)

Februay 4, 2010: Michael attended interview with Leanne... APPROVED!!!!!!!!

Februay 12, 2010: Leanne received her visa in the mail :)

April 9, 2010: P.O.E.

April 14, 2010: Wedding on the sand at Salt Creek Beach in Dana Point, CA t4527.gif

July 06, 2010: Mailed AOS package

July 08, 2010: Received in Chicago

July 15, 2010: Received text & email that app. was received

July 17, 2010: Received NOA1 dated 7-14-10, our 3-month wedding anniversary :)

August 2, 2010: Biometrics appointment

August 11, 2010: Notice of Interview date

August 26, 2010: Touches on I-131 & I-765, production of EAD card ordered

August 31, 2010: I-131 Travel Doc. approved, EAD production ordered(again)

September 04, 2010: Received EAD card & AP Documents in the mail!(both dated 8/26)

September 20, 2010: AOS Interview- APPROVED

July 27, 2012: Filed for Removal of Conditions

July 30, 2012: NOA date

August 31, 2012: Biometrics appointment. March 12, 2013: APPROVED :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hey all! I had my interview yesterday and wanted to tell you all how it went.

First of all, we travelled down to London the day before and stayed at the Marble arch in. Its about a 10 minute walk from the embassy, and isnt hard to find. We got a shower, toilet and bed for £50. Very cheap, but you get what you pay for, or not get if you know what I mean. It wasnt the nicest place ive ever stayed in, but hey, im not fussy and it got the job done. Although I only slept for 2 hours, and then woke up really nervous so spent the night looking out the window!

We also went to snappy snaps at bond street the night before, their photos came out way better than normal snappy snaps photos, and its next door to the bond street station, an easy find.

Anyways, next morning we got up, and headed off to find Gould's pharmacy, which is literally just over from the US Embassy. It was £3 per bag, and also they made you put everything electrical into a sealable bag which was another £3. But £6 was good for secure holding of our stuff while we went in.

Anyways, the appointment was at 9.am and we got to the embassy at about 8.30am. We sat outside and double checked we had everything, and then went to the security post at 8.40am. Haley was with me, and they checked her passport and called through to make sure its OK, then you go into a security building which is like airport security basically. Then we went into the embassy at the side entrance, and got given our number by the lady at the reception. Then you are asked to go upstairs to the left and wait in the waiting area.

Waiting is an understatement. So we were in there by about 8.50am, and didn't see our number called out until over an hour and 45minutes later. We were really nervous at this point, but anyways we went up to the window 14 which is down the hall to the right, and saw a lady there. She seemed really nice, and just made sure we hadn't forgotten anything, luckily we hadn't! She then asked us to pay at the window next to us, which we did and paid $131 (as apparently its cheaper if you pay in dollars). Then back to her at the window, you give her the receipt, and then she hands you your x-rays to keep and a pink form to fill in. The pink form is just your postal details for SMS delivery, so its ready if you get approved. You then go back and take a seat in the waiting area.

At this point I would like you to know that there is a snack bar in the embassy. But it closes at 10am, and doesn't seem to reopen. We had eaten at just before 7am. We then continued to wait until 1.40PM when we were finally called for our interview. Nothing to eat or drink in this time. Thats almost 5 hours since we got to the embassy of basically just waiting. All the N numbers being called will drive you mad!

Anyways, we had a pretty big folder with all the proof in it etc prepared for everything, including a big file of payslips etc to prove our affidavit of support. So yeah, we were finally called at 1.40PM after losing our minds sat there! The nerves soon kicked in though and we went to window 15 to be greeted by a seemingly nice American lady.

Interview went as follows:

• get to the window
  • she handed back my birth certificate and some other things
  • she asked if we had both been married before, been in any legal trouble in this or any other country
  • then she typed for a while
  • then I had to raise my right hand and swear an oath that i was telling the truth, and then sign a couple of forms to say that also
  • then she asked how we met, and we explained that briefly
  • then she asked how much time we had spent together, which has been 8 visits
  • then she asked how i proposed, and where
  • the she asked about how i had been funding this all. I have actually been unemployed for a couple of years now, and luckily my savings for my cancelled gap year covered that. (this proves that work has no say in this really)
  • she then asked about Haleys work, and her Dads
  • then she asked when we plan on getting married.
  • She then recapped the 90 days thing etc
  • She then said she was happy to tell us we were APPROVED!!! woo

It took LESS THAN 5 MINUTES!!!!

The funny thing was, she asked for NO PROOF. NONE WHAT SO EVER!!!!!! I'm not even forgetting anything here as it was the first thing we said when we walked away. All the posting on here asking what to take as proof, and she didn't ask for anything!

The other thing about it was that we both agreed on: The way she was speaking to us after I swore the oath was as if she knew she was approving us. She was full of joy etc and seemed like she was just asking us just for her enjoyment! It was so nice to hear though.

All you do then is head back to the waiting, area, go to the back of the room where you pay for postage with their service, and leave to get food!

Job done, and one very happy couple!

Lastly, I would like to thanks MARM for all the help, as you really put my mind at rest on some matters!

hello. would like to congratulate u both :) so nice to hear ppls experiences n great news on aprovals. well done :)

Reading through yr interview experience sounds like yr fiancee was with u through the hole thing? Iv yet to have my interview and im so nervous .

November 2007: Michael Messaged Leanne on Facebook!

January 2009: Michael & Leanne got engaged!

May 26, 2009: Filed I-129F!

November 20, 2009: Leanne's medical in London (she never received packet 3)

Februay 4, 2010: Michael attended interview with Leanne... APPROVED!!!!!!!!

Februay 12, 2010: Leanne received her visa in the mail :)

April 9, 2010: P.O.E.

April 14, 2010: Wedding on the sand at Salt Creek Beach in Dana Point, CA t4527.gif

July 06, 2010: Mailed AOS package

July 08, 2010: Received in Chicago

July 15, 2010: Received text & email that app. was received

July 17, 2010: Received NOA1 dated 7-14-10, our 3-month wedding anniversary :)

August 2, 2010: Biometrics appointment

August 11, 2010: Notice of Interview date

August 26, 2010: Touches on I-131 & I-765, production of EAD card ordered

August 31, 2010: I-131 Travel Doc. approved, EAD production ordered(again)

September 04, 2010: Received EAD card & AP Documents in the mail!(both dated 8/26)

September 20, 2010: AOS Interview- APPROVED

July 27, 2012: Filed for Removal of Conditions

July 30, 2012: NOA date

August 31, 2012: Biometrics appointment. March 12, 2013: APPROVED :)

My fiancee was at the interview yes, infact they actually spoke to her more than me which I found strange since its me whos meant to be interviewed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.