Sign in to follow this  
Kukolka

Photo proof questions

5 posts in this topic

Hello! This is my first post, but I've been reading this site for a few months, since shortly after my fiance asked me online to marry him, a few months before the "official" "in-real-life" engagement. It's been very informative and a huge help, so much so that any questions I've had until now, I've always been able to find the answers in the Guides, Example Forms, or by searching the forums, and I'm confident we can get through this process without a lawyer. So I'd first like to say, great job and thank you for all your help! :)

Now I do have some questions of my own. ;)

My fiance and I met in person for the first time two weeks ago when he came to visit me in California. He flew into SFO and we do have photocopies of his boarding passes and visitor visa stamp, but he stayed with me and we used no public transportation. He used his debit card in a few local ATMs/businesses, but to my analytical mind that proves nothing more than that he was *here* during that time, not that he was here *with me*.

I have two or three photos with proof we've met in person in the past two years, but that evidence requires some verification of facts. One shows us in front of a business that opened earlier this year. The second shows media content decorating the suite door of a business; content that they acquired in the past year and a half. The maybe one shows the sign outside a business that moved location in the past year, at their new location. For the first two, I have printouts from online news articles regarding when the businesses opened/announced the visible content, and for the third, we're hoping to receive e-mail reply from business stating what date they moved. On each such photo, I wrote on the back how it establishes time frame. Will this likely be acceptable proof that we've met within the past two years?

I'm also a bit worried they'll question the photos are from the past two years because I'm often mistaken for younger than I am. I'm afraid the USCIS will look at the photos, look at my DOB, and deny the petition because they believe the photos must be from longer than two years ago! >_< However, my fiance doesn't look like he could be much younger than he is, so maybe that will help... :huh:

Edited by Kukolka

~ Long version of K-1 timeline in profile "About Me" ~

November 2007 - Met on Tortus server of Rappelz

3 October 2009 - Met IRL

13 November 2010 - POE Lewiston NY

28 November 2010 - Married!

23 December 2010 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

31 January 2011 - walk-in Biometrics

04 March 2011 - Green Card Production ordered - no interview

05 December 2012 - Mailed I-751

VJsig.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You don't need to worry so much about the photos. They are definately good to have but the copies of his boarding passes and of his passport photo are more important. Our photos did not have dates on them, we just wrote on the back the date and where we were. No need to stress so much about the photos. You have proof that he traveled to California and that is all that matters. One thing to notice is that on boarding passes they do not print the year so make sure that you show the stamp in his passport with them. We also printed out the email confirmations to go along with them as well. I hope this helps...

Edited by gmjdmj

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hello! This is my first post, but I've been reading this site for a few months, since shortly after my fiance asked me online to marry him, a few months before the "official" "in-real-life" engagement. It's been very informative and a huge help, so much so that any questions I've had until now, I've always been able to find the answers in the Guides, Example Forms, or by searching the forums, and I'm confident we can get through this process without a lawyer. So I'd first like to say, great job and thank you for all your help! :)

My fiance and I met in person for the first time two weeks ago when he came to visit me in California. He flew into SFO and we do have photocopies of his boarding passes and visitor visa stamp, but he stayed with me and we used no public transportation. He used his debit card in a few local ATMs/businesses, but to my analytical mind that proves nothing more than that he was *here* during that time, not that he was here *with me*.

I have two or three photos with proof we've met in person in the past two years, but that evidence requires some verification of facts. One shows us in front of a business that opened earlier this year. The second shows media content decorating the suite door of a business; content that they acquired in the past year and a half. The maybe one shows the sign outside a business that moved location in the past year, at their new location. For the first two, I have printouts from online news articles regarding when the businesses opened/announced the visible content, and for the third, we're hoping to receive e-mail reply from business stating what date they moved. On each such photo, I wrote on the back how it establishes time frame. Will this likely be acceptable proof that we've met within the past two years?

I'm also a bit worried they'll question the photos are from the past two years because I'm often mistaken for younger than I am. I'm afraid the USCIS will look at the photos, look at my DOB, and deny the petition because they believe the photos must be from longer than two years ago! >_< However, my fiance doesn't look like he could be much younger than he is, so maybe that will help... :huh:

Photos are secondary. For our petition we sent ONE photo of us in a restaraunt in Prague. A balnk wall is behind us. It could have been anywhere. No date stamp, I didn't even write a note on the back and gave only a two sentence description of how we met in person by accident. Approved in 58 days without RFE.

This is not a trial, you do not have to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" you have to give plausible primary and secondary evidence that you have met in person within the last two years.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Thank you, your answers are reassuring. The part about it not being a trial makes sense. I just overthink things and this is no exception. X) If they'll accept the evidence he was here + the pictures of us together + e-mails and MSN logs about the visit as proof he was here when he was, that makes our part much easier. :)

~ Long version of K-1 timeline in profile "About Me" ~

November 2007 - Met on Tortus server of Rappelz

3 October 2009 - Met IRL

13 November 2010 - POE Lewiston NY

28 November 2010 - Married!

23 December 2010 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

31 January 2011 - walk-in Biometrics

04 March 2011 - Green Card Production ordered - no interview

05 December 2012 - Mailed I-751

VJsig.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Your fine. You have the same documents, and then some, we had and three times the photos.

Thank you, your answers are reassuring. The part about it not being a trial makes sense. I just overthink things and this is no exception. X) If they'll accept the evidence he was here + the pictures of us together + e-mails and MSN logs about the visit as proof he was here when he was, that makes our part much easier. :)

Send it off. You do not need the chat logs or emails, but they won't hurt anything

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.