bryonm4

Visa to Vietnam question

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I got my Passport back a few days ago and the Visa shows as a Catagory C2 where as my others were a C1. Does this mean I have to stop by the consulate in NY or San Franciso before I leave for Vietnam and have it stamped? If this is true then it is a major inconvience since I would have to travel 2,000 miles to do this. I didn't even get a visa approval letter and it was 85$

C1/ Visa on Arrival: Get your visa stamp at Vietnam International Airports: Hanoi, Danang, Hochiminh.

You print "Visa approval letter" out, bring it together with your passport, 25USD extra in cash and 02 photos (4x6cm) and submit them at the Airport Immigration Counter to abtain your visa stamp.

C2/ Visa Approval Code: Get your visa stamp at Vietnam embassy or consulate before you come to Vietnam.

You print "Visa approval letter" out, bring it together with your passport, 25USD extra in cash and 02 photos (4x6cm) and submit them at Vietnam Embassy or Consulate to obtain your visa stamp.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-05

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-04

Interview Date : 2008-11-06

Interview Result : Denied 2008-12-05

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Marriage : 2009-04-13

I-130 Sent : 2009-04-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-04-29

I-130 Approved : 2009-09-09

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 4 Received : 2009-11-13

Interview Date : 2009-12-23

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2010-01-07

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

By my side happy everafter 02-19-10

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

where did you get this from?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

This website

http://www.handetour.com/visa_service.php

The C1 visa I didn't remember getting a visa letter also so I'm a little confused. I filled out the forms the same however the first 2 times I got my visa stamped I didn't request it expedited.

I got it back a few days ago from the embassy and it has a red circular stamp on it with an intiall but it doesn't have the rectangle purple stamp on the front of it.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

Timeline

I guess you should call the embassy in DC and ask. You may have to send your passport and this letter to them.

I've always just sent the visa app and my passport to the embassy.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This website

The C1 visa I didn't remember getting a visa letter also so I'm a little confused. I filled out the forms the same however the first 2 times I got my visa stamped I didn't request it expedited.

I got it back a few days ago from the embassy and it has a red circular stamp on it with an intiall but it doesn't have the rectangle purple stamp on the front of it.

On mine, The purple rectangle is what they stamp on it when it is "used" .. usually single entry visas will get that when you enter... multiple entry wont get it usually... the red circle is the consular seal making it official...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

This website

On mine, The purple rectangle is what they stamp on it when it is "used" .. usually single entry visas will get that when you enter... multiple entry wont get it usually... the red circle is the consular seal making it official...

Yeah it looks just like the other visa's but it doesnt have the used stamp. I was wondering what the difference was between the C1 and C2 was or if I shoudl be concered. Last time they stamped it in Ho Chi Minh when I came there and when I think they also stamped that used one on there. But when I googled C2 it said something about having to get stamp at the consulate and a C1 is gettnig the stamp at the airport like I have done before so I guess I am just a little worried is all.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

Timeline

If it were me, I wouldn't worry about C1 or C2...if there's a sticker (VN Visa) in there I wouldn't care (as long as it doesn't say "used")... haha... :P

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Bryon, the C2 is just the category of visa that you were issued (two of my previous visas were C2). If you actually have a visa that is either loose or affixed to your passport with a validity date that spans your planned entry to and exit from Vietnam, you are fine.

You will never get a visa approval letter unless you pre-apply for a visa upon arrival. If you sent your passport to the embassy for the visa and you got the visa, you are good to go! You will get the purple stamps going in and out. If the visa is in your passport, you will get stamped in your passport. If the visa is loose, they will stamp the visa. And if it is single entry visa, they will keep the visa when you go and you will have no record of having entered and exited Vietnam.

Edited by toddandhien

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

You should have your 5 year visa exemption by now!

I think I'd be concerned about this too. I don't have a solid answer for you because I can't remeber what the procedure was when I got my visa on arrival. I do remeber that the ladies at the counter in San Francisco didn't understand the visa on arrival process. It took about 5 minutes to get it straightened out. If the paperwork isn't in order you won't get on the flight.

Timeline

I use a different website for visa on arrival http://www.vietnamvisa.asianatravelmate.com you have to have 2 passport style photos when you land in Vietnam, and the approval letter which the company emails to you, and then pay $25 at the window and fill out a form that just has information from your passport, and where you will be staying, or who you are visiting's address on it. This way I do not have to send off my passport, and it is much cheaper. The company has internet specials all the time where they charge 10$ and if your bank charges international transaction fee mine was 89 cents and then the $25 at Vietnam, both times I did not have problems at all, and this time there were I think 5 people that had problems once they landed having to fill out more paperwork for their visa that they already had stamped, one guy told me he paid $110 for his visa, plus another $25 for the rush service then when he landed he had to fill out the same paperwork I did. I had my approval letter in 3 days and I spent a total of $35.89.

I would just call who had your visa issued and ask them what is going on. They might have made a mistake when processing it. But next time try the link I gave you they have done great both times I have used them. Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

If you used a visa on arrival service, what you need to do is contact them and get a approval letter. Without this when you land in Vietnam they will have no idea what you are there for, unless you speak fluent Vietnamese. It sounds like your visa on arrival service is different than mine as I did not have to send off my passport. If it has a stamp in the passport then you should be good to go, maybe have to fill out a form when you get there, but that should be about it. If you are worried and can not get in contact with who set up your visa, and you decide to go on the visa you already paid for, I would have 2 photos ready of passport size and then when you land go to the help desk on the left before trying to go through customs and see if you are good to go. but when you say that your passport is stamped cr2 all my visa were stamped cr1, but this means you have a visa in your passport so you should be good to go. I would not be so worried about the stamp cr2 or cr1 just because you have a visa in your passport. Good luck and have a safe trip Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.