MoLuvsAcory

who should I contact to get an extension on my approved i129f

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello all!!! I'm fairly sure some1 will have an answer for me. Since I mailed my ds230 to the embassy in Jamaica, I haven't heard anything & have not rcv'd packet 4. DS230 was mailed 2wrds the end of Sept. Now my approved I129f had a validity date of july 2009 to Nov 7 2009. I'm afraid it may expire b4 I hear from embassy w/an interview date. I did however call NVC here in the states & representative stated she saw where it was rcv'd but a date isn't yet in system. Does any1 have a contact # or advice of how to goabout extending approved i129f??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We never recieved our packet 3 or 4 and still havent to this day...and we are past the interview! I called the DOS

202-663-1225 press 1 then 0 and they can inform you when your interview date is once one has been scheduled I only was able to get all the forms necessary for the interview thanks to all the information on this webstie

Case arrived in Kingston August 26

Have not recieved a packet 3 but being

pro active and sent the DS 230pt1

DS 230 Pt1 sent via Tara Courier Sighned for by E. Morgan 09/03/2009

E-mailed Kingston 09/08/2009 to confirm it has been received

E mail Received Back 09/09/2009 Saying the following:

Good day,

An appointment letter was mailed out to the applicant on September 8th 2009 to the address that we have on file. The applicant should be receiving the letter soon.

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Interview September 24,2009 @ 9:30am APPROVED!

Timeline
We never recieved our packet 3 or 4 and still havent to this day...and we are past the interview! I called the DOS

202-663-1225 press 1 then 0 and they can inform you when your interview date is once one has been scheduled I only was able to get all the forms necessary for the interview thanks to all the information on this webstie

So you never received either packet?? I thought the letter w/ interview date was needed when you go to do your medical? And i also thought its needed the day of the interview. Thanks for the number. I will definitely utilize it!!

Timeline

I never received packet 3 either but I did receive packet 4. Packet 3 tells you what you need to bring to the interview but NatPatBen "bumped" it see below - so you can see what you need. You can actually work on getting your non-impediment form and police record. As soon as the embassy receives your DS-230 pt 1 form, thats when the will schedule the interview (packet 4) and you can call the DOS a few days after the embassy gets your DS-230 form and they will tell you the interview date. Good luck to you.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=214279

Timeline
I never received packet 3 either but I did receive packet 4. Packet 3 tells you what you need to bring to the interview but NatPatBen "bumped" it see below - so you can see what you need. You can actually work on getting your non-impediment form and police record. As soon as the embassy receives your DS-230 pt 1 form, thats when the will schedule the interview (packet 4) and you can call the DOS a few days after the embassy gets your DS-230 form and they will tell you the interview date. Good luck to you.

I will try giving DOS a call @ the end of the week. We actually obtained all documents needed to present @ interview already. So basically we're just w8ing for packet 4 along with the interview date. Thanks again. I will post any updates.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.