runaway73

Got green card on 11/13/06 and interview is 11/12/09

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys....just curious. I am married to a U.S. Citizen and filed a little bit after the 90 day window before my third year anniversary. Now my interview is scheduled on November 12, 09 and I intially got the green card on November 13, 2006. Is it possible that they might make me take the oath on the 12th or I'd have to wait. Should I alert the officer to that?

I don't think you should alert anyone ... but this happened to one of VJ member here check down:GOODluck! (F)

OATH Experience on 10/15/09

I had a shocking Moments which took almost my breath away, when we all were allowed to stand in a line before start of the ceremony to confirm Name, DOB, Country & Pic are correct before we sign there on Certificate of citizenship and give away GC, when my turn came They don't have mine, I was like ####### what they going to do, is something went wrong or what. A lady took my GC and walked inside locked doors, i was sitting there and my family also started to worry coz they all drove $300 Miles took off from schools and Jobs to vouch me taking Oath, disappointment looming on all our faces worried what is going to be the Outcome, i could not communicate anything to the family as i was made to sit separately which is 10 yards away, Finally i thought for a second i know why mine could be not ready coz i have my GC since 10/16/2006, and today is only 10/15/2009.. May be because of that they gonna hold me off . around that time I saw a man around 50 has his not ready walking and sat next to me i asked him when he had his interview he said Yesterday and I told him mine was a day earlier then him, I am Praying God I don't want to come back, the lady who took my GC inside the locked doors came out once with no info first time, went back inside and came out again she saw my tense face and came to me and said don't worry, you are fine and during her 3 time Out she came out with Certificates in her Hand. Thank you Jesus..Oh what a sigh of relief (i can only Imagine since our interview were done days before they are n't ready??? Any ways because of all this , I became the first One called to receive the Certificate of Citizenship out of 50 from 19 different countries.

This post has been edited by satyam: Yesterday, 05:27 PM

07-13-06 - K1/K2 AOS/EAD sent

11-04-06 - 2 NOA's transfer to CSC

11-17-06 - "K1 APPROVED AOS" no interview

11-27-06 - "K1 - GREENCARD" rcvd.

01-23-07 - K2 GREENCARD rcvd.

08-20-08 - I-751 sent to Texas Service Center, transfer to VSC

08-26-08 - I-751 NOA1 & 1yr. Extension letter

09-18-08 - I-751 NOA2 - Biometrics Appointment Notice

03-11-09 - I-751 transfer from VSC to CSC!

05-13-09 - I-751 APPROVED

06-24-09 - card production ordered

08-20-09 - N400 - Citizenship Application

08-24-09 - NOA notice date

08-28-09 - NOA in mailbox

09-10-09 - email asking for more evidence

09-14-09 - Biometrics NOA date

09-18-09 - Biometrics Letter arrived in mailbox

10-09-09 - Biometrics Schedule

10-14-09 - Notice date of the yellow letter

10-30-09 - touched online for "testing & interview"

11-03-09 - IL received in mailbox

12-07-09 - "PASSED" Interview & it's my Hubby Bday too!

04-17-10 - Oath letter received in mailbox

05-14-10 - Judicial Oath atlast! in Atl

110 days - Application to Interview

158 days - Interview to Judicial Oath

268 days - Total processing days for my N400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.