jellyfish

wondering if they have lost my passport....

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

Feeling a bit stressed here...

I had my interview on 5th October. Myself a CR1 and my daughter age 11 a DCF CR2. At the interview we were told we were approved. Congratulations. Paid for our envelope and the guy their said it would be around 5 days to get the passports delivered back to me.

So 5 days goes by and I call and they say, don't worry, it is just being processed no way of checking on it.

Call again today and find out that my daughter's visa was done on the 14th. (Must mean mine was fine, since hers was dependant on mine. Stepchild of the petitioner.)

So.. how come the courier does not have it yet ? Must be hanging around to meet up with mine ?? I am really not getting this... Worried mine has gone astray and I will have to get another passport. Big delay. Has this happened to anyone and if so how did the embassy handle it ?

Anyone else have things run so slow ? It is just bad when you are trying to work out what should happen with school after the October break and stuff. Hard on an 11 year old wondering endlessly when we are going although she is being pretty good about it. Pain being in every day up till 12 waiting on post just in case. We live out the back of beyond.

Anyways, I am moaning, I know I am. But also trying to think what will happen if mine has gone AWOL.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi,

Feeling a bit stressed here...

I had my interview on 5th October. Myself a CR1 and my daughter age 11 a DCF CR2. At the interview we were told we were approved. Congratulations. Paid for our envelope and the guy their said it would be around 5 days to get the passports delivered back to me.

So 5 days goes by and I call and they say, don't worry, it is just being processed no way of checking on it.

Call again today and find out that my daughter's visa was done on the 14th. (Must mean mine was fine, since hers was dependant on mine. Stepchild of the petitioner.)

So.. how come the courier does not have it yet ? Must be hanging around to meet up with mine ?? I am really not getting this... Worried mine has gone astray and I will have to get another passport. Big delay. Has this happened to anyone and if so how did the embassy handle it ?

Anyone else have things run so slow ? It is just bad when you are trying to work out what should happen with school after the October break and stuff. Hard on an 11 year old wondering endlessly when we are going although she is being pretty good about it. Pain being in every day up till 12 waiting on post just in case. We live out the back of beyond.

Anyways, I am moaning, I know I am. But also trying to think what will happen if mine has gone AWOL.

Cannot answer where your visa is but the stepchild's visa is not really dependent on yours....

YMMV

I can't see a situation where they would not approve my visa, but approve my daughter to go live with her step father.

Hers is derived from mine surely ?

I will go read and check.

Timeline
I can't see a situation where they would not approve my visa, but approve my daughter to go live with her step father.

Hers is derived from mine surely ?

I will go read and check.

A K-2 is derivative benefit from a K-1 (ie.. only one petition is ever submitted) A K-2 cannot be issued unless the K-1 is issued first....

An IR visa requires each individual to have there own petition. The child's visa is not dependant on your I-130 but there own.

Yes, it is your marriage that created the immediate relative (stepchild) relationship and without it the child would not qualify...but your I-130 is not what dictates a visa for her or not, it was your marriage (creating eligibility) and her approved I-130

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Yup, I hear you....

but there is nothing filed to show a link of relationship beyond the marriage. No financial support. No evidence of relationship filed. (They asked for nothing, I had it photos etc but they saw nothing.) Also on the papers you write that the child is to immigrate with the mother. The papers were actually clipped and filed together at the interview. I have also not given any consent for her to go live with her stepfather on her own. (Her father is dead.) Surely they would want a letter saying that I consent to her leaving the country after I have stated she is leaving with me ? (I have also stated on my papers she is to leave with me.) Marriage is jsut over a year old.

I get they are seperate petitions, but from the process I really cannot see how they could have approved hers without mine to go live with someone she has never lived with before without my consent ? Does not make sense, but I guess lots of things could be like that.

Timeline

all your points are very valid... but that does not technically mean that the child's visa is derived from yours.... which was all I was trying to point out... because it is very possible for the child to get a visa even if you never applied....

YMMV

Finally I have notice that the passports are to be delivered tomorrow. I don't know if you are supposed to assume two take twice as long.

So, tomorrow they will be here. Just delighted they are out of the embassy.

It is worth noting that I called the expensive line, and emailed the consulate. I got the email around the same time it went up online as being passed to the courier.

Interview was 5th Oct.

Just happy. I have a present for my daughter a charm bracelet to celebrate the start of a new journey together. She has been real patient through all of this, but it is hard on children.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Finally I have notice that the passports are to be delivered tomorrow. I don't know if you are supposed to assume two take twice as long.

So, tomorrow they will be here. Just delighted they are out of the embassy.

It is worth noting that I called the expensive line, and emailed the consulate. I got the email around the same time it went up online as being passed to the courier.

Interview was 5th Oct.

Just happy. I have a present for my daughter a charm bracelet to celebrate the start of a new journey together. She has been real patient through all of this, but it is hard on children.

Hi There

Congratulations on getting your Visas at last!!!

I really hope this doesnt hapen to me. We had our interveiw last week on Wednesday and was told we were approved and it would take 3-5 working days to receive our passports back.

All this up and down emotional waiting it soooooo fustrating for my 10 year old son and I, not to mention my fiance who is waiting for us.

Please could you tell me where you looked to find the update that told you that you would receive them?

Thanks for any info and congrats again. When will you travel?

Olivia X

Hiya,

when you go to the interview, and they approve you, you hand a form to the courier desk. The courier desk takes your details, circles your number to tap into the website, and the website is on there too. It does not show up on the website until it has left the embassy. In my case yesterday.

Today I got my email response from the consulate (called them first for PIN number to put in email), saw it on the tracking webiste as to be delivered tomorrow. I also got an text message to my mobile saying they would be delivered tomorrow.

From my experience I would reckon approval for two passports takes twice as long.

If you worry, call the embassy after 6 working days. They are responsive.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hiya,

when you go to the interview, and they approve you, you hand a form to the courier desk. The courier desk takes your details, circles your number to tap into the website, and the website is on there too. It does not show up on the website until it has left the embassy. In my case yesterday.

Today I got my email response from the consulate (called them first for PIN number to put in email), saw it on the tracking webiste as to be delivered tomorrow. I also got an text message to my mobile saying they would be delivered tomorrow.

From my experience I would reckon approval for two passports takes twice as long.

If you worry, call the embassy after 6 working days. They are responsive.

Hi There

Did you get your Visas yet????

I am still waiting! I wish they had told us it would be longer than 3-5 days. I sold my car, my son has finished school, I gave up my job sooooooo i am sat in an empty house with my bags packed ready to go because when the told me 3-5 days I believed them.

Oh Well, I have become the most patient person ever from this process - think Positive! LOL

X

Oh well,

Hi, yes they came when they said they would. 21st Oct. Updated my timeline :-) It was miserable waiting. Folk ask so many questions.... endless "when are you going ?" . Once they are here it does not matter though. I wanted to go spend a few days with folk before setting off, but that did not get to happen. It is okay though. I am not in an empty house, although my belongings were shipped ages ago. House is being kept on with family still living here. We leave Tuesday :-)) Very very happy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.