THX1138

My wife was an OFW in Korea, police clearance issue

34 posts in this topic

Hi...its so easy to get a police clearance from korean embassy manila....all u have to do is go there and apply...no fees!!its FREE...U have to bring the passport and bring 2 pcs photo copy of the visa (past or present visa if u have one) and a 2 pcs 2x2 pictures and thats it.. Once U get there they are going to give u an application papers and forward it to windows 2..its soooooo easy but it takes 4-6 weeks :whistle:

heres the address and contact #

10th Floor, The Pacific Star Building Sen. Gil Puyat corner Makati Avenue

Makati City

Metro Manila

Philippines

Phone:

632-811-6139

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey guys, figured i would join in on this conversation.

My fiancee is having the same problem. The difference is my fiance worked in Taiwain. We have an interview set for Nov 10th. She is going up there on monday afternoon to manila. She is about 8 hours south of manila.

Has anyone gone to the Embasy for the interview with out the NBI clearence? Should she still take her medical exam and go to the interview? How long will the medical exam last for if they send her away becasue she doesn't have the NBI form Taiwain?

thanks guys

You are all very helpfull

Thanks

robert and grace.

june 11th sent AOS paper work

june 24th got the three letters

july 14th finger prints done

• 2 weeks later...

So how far in advance to the interview would you say would be good to apply for the police clearance? I am thinking that since i will just start the process here in the next week for the CR-1, that i can wait until i visit my wife in february to get her to apply for the police clearance for korea.

Will they send the clearance directly to my wife or will it have to go to the US embassy in manila? I remember that with my last wife (we did the k-1 visa) we applied in korea for the clearance, but i had to call the korean embassy and get them to send the clearance to the embassy in manila. they would not send it directly to her. they needed the case number to send it to. Would this be any different since we would be applying for the police clearance at the korean embassy in manila? thanks

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

• 2 months later...

So where do they send the police clearance? Do they send it directly to my wife, NVC, or US embassy in manila? I'm trying to get this figured out as my wife will be needing to do this fairly soon. thanks

For our Full timeline

event.png

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

I'm also confused...i thought they would need to be sent to the NVC??

For our Full timeline

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Now more confused!!

I e-mailed a friend of my wife's that was in korea with her. Well, she went back to the PI and got married and filed for a K3 visa. I was asking her about the police clearance from korea. She said that they never asked for it because she was already back in the PI. :huh:

I was going to have my wife go to the korean embassy in manila and apply for the clearance...but now hearing her friend's experience makes me wonder....will they even ask for it? Problem is if I send my wife to manila she will be going to get her passport changed to her married name and then have to go to a different part of manila to do the police clearance. Anyone experience this? Is the police clearance requirement different between a K-3 and CR1? I am assuming it is since with a CR1 it is an immigrant visa. Does my wife just need her police clearance from her town and an NBI clearance then? Maybe I am reading too much into this, :wacko: but I dont want anything to hold us up when it gets to be that time for the interview. Thanks..

For our Full timeline

event.png

Now more confused!!

I e-mailed a friend of my wife's that was in korea with her. Well, she went back to the PI and got married and filed for a K3 visa. I was asking her about the police clearance from korea. She said that they never asked for it because she was already back in the PI. :huh:

I was going to have my wife go to the korean embassy in manila and apply for the clearance...but now hearing her friend's experience makes me wonder....will they even ask for it? Problem is if I send my wife to manila she will be going to get her passport changed to her married name and then have to go to a different part of manila to do the police clearance. Anyone experience this? Is the police clearance requirement different between a K-3 and CR1? I am assuming it is since with a CR1 it is an immigrant visa. Does my wife just need her police clearance from her town and an NBI clearance then? Maybe I am reading too much into this, :wacko: but I dont want anything to hold us up when it gets to be that time for the interview. Thanks..

she needs police clearance from other country if she's been outside of the Philippines for more than 6 months and NBI

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

Now more confused!!

she needs police clearance from other country if she's been outside of the Philippines for more than 6 months and NBI

Correct. And, just a warning, be very careful of hearsay, especially when it comes to required documents. My wife needed a police clearance from Hong Kong and, while we made the request within plenty of time, it did not arrive prior to the interview. As a result, we endured a long wait in AR...certainly not 100% due to a late police clearance but I feel that was definitely a factor.

yeah, i am trying to get clarification from her friend anyway...maybe she was there for under 6 months or maybe like i was told in another thread the consulate just went with the 1 year thing...i dont think she was there for a year.

I will just have my wife get the clearance and tell her to also make sure her married name is on it too even though we werent married yet...just like her NBI..it will need both names on it.

I'm just concerned that the clearance will get misplaced by the embassy since she doesnt have a MNL case number yet...i am assuming the clearance gets sent directly to the US embassy directly and not to my wife.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Ok, here is the story of how to get the clearance from the korean embassy since others have not posted the final findings or experiences.

My wife went to the korean embassy today. She talked to the guard there and pointed her to where she would get the forms for the police clearance. they gave her 3 pieces of paper to fill out (she said all 3 were the same). She needed 2 copies of her biographic information page from the passport and 2 passport photos. She filled out the paperwork and then they gave her a receipt (mostly in korean). they said to come back in 5-6 weeks with that receipt... There is a number to call to see if it is ready. that's it. Now weather the USEM will ask for it for the interview, I dont know as the DOS site says they are not available outside Korea. I wanted her to apply for this so that there wasnt any other hold up in the process. I should be in the philippines when she needs to pick it up. One less thing down or in process. :thumbs:

For our Full timeline

event.png

There is hope! The system seems to work! I was the OP of this thread October 16, 2009 when our police certificate "education/troubles" started. Since the end of October I buried my head in the sand regarding all immigration issues since until we had the clearances in hand we could not proceed with the DS230 package. After 11 weeks of waiting, we now have the final piece (Korean Clearance) of the puzzle in hand. We had the Taiwanese police clearance within 2 weeks of applying for it.

Now I am pretty lost regarding the process and what to do next but am quickly getting up to speed. I even forgot my case number, had to look it up...

I just want to add a bit of information that can be overlooked and cost you a lot of time. It happened in our case. From what I gather from my wife, you have the option to pick up the police clearance AT the Korean embassy or have it mailed to you... Check the slips you have and the boxes your spouse checked! My wife thought it was going to be mailed to her home and all the while it was at the Korean embassy. Things happen, this is unexplored territory for all involved. Call them! Will save you grief!

Now we are going to assemble the DS230 package and move on with the process...

Just hang in there, you will get it. I hope this helps!

Excelsior!

:dance::dance::dance:

CR-1 Journey

-------------

USCIS World

-------------

07-07-09 Sent I-130 to CSC.

07-13-09 NOA1 received.

09-17-09 I-130 Approved!

09-23-09 NOA2 Hardcopy received.

-------------

Planet NVC

-------------

09-30-09 MNL Case Number assigned!

10-02-09 NVC mails out DS-3032 and AOS Bill.

10-07-09 AOS Bill received, payment made. DS-3032 emailed to NVC.

10-09-09 AOS Bill paid. I-864EZ mailed to NVC.

10-15-09 AOS I-864EZ accepted by NVC.

10-27-09 IV Bill PAID

10-30-09 Received Instructions Packet

10-30-09 Horror will need police clearances from Korea and Taiwan sets in. Head in the

sand period begins... shutting down... snoooooozzzzzzeeeeee..

01-07-10 Police clearances obtained... power on... rebooting... blink, BLINK! YawNN!!

01-14-10 DS230 Package sent to NVC via LBC

01-20-10 NVC Accepts DS230

01-28-10 Case Complete!

02-09-10 Received Appointment Letter! Appointment March 15th!

02-25-10 Medical Exam passed!

03-15-10 Embassy Interview, Passed!

03-18-10 Visa in hand! Need CFO sticker though... bummer.

03-19-10 CFO sticker acquired

03-24-10 Homeward bound flight, JFK POE!

Yes my wife is going to pick it up...that is what they told her. I should be in the PI when it is ready. We will call and bug the hell out of them. My wife's friend still is telling me we dont need it, but I want to have it just in case. I know from the DOS it says it's unavailable if not in korea, which to me means you dont need it....BUT i dont want anything stupid like this hold us up. My wife was going to manila to renew her passport anyway...she just stopped at the korean embassy on the way back.

Either way, it's good you guys got your clearance too! Hopefully we will be at that stage soon...I am planning on having my wife sign the DS-230 when I am down there and give her copies of the I-864 stuff for the interview. I cant wait though..hopefully in about 3 weeks I will be in the PI with my wife again!!

For our Full timeline

event.png

Filed: Timeline

This isn't an answer to any of the previous questions, but instead a question that arose when reading this thread. My wife will be going to Manila for Both UAE & Singapore police clearance. But I'm wondering what documentation will she need in order to request and receive these police clearances? (ie: passport (maiden name or new name?), birth certificate, etc., etc.)

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.