satyam

Saw President Obama real during Oath @ New Orleans

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Most of you don't believe what I said about the President until you read till end :wacko:

Guys, To day I had my Interview at 1:30 PM, the last leg of my Journey before ultimately becoming Proud USC.Thank You Lord.

Got there with wife, Kids and Mother In law and Father in law around 30 mts early hmm guess what we only got last row seats.

(After my Interview I asked the lady is there any Limit on how many will be allowed to watch she said honey you can bring the whole Block if you want :star: I guess they limited /gave no appointment for other services, so the whole waiting room was turned into a Oath ceremony Hall.)

I had a shocking Moments :crying: which took almost my breath away, when we all were allowed to stand in a line before start of the ceremony to confirm Name, DOB, Country & Pic are correct before we sign there on Certificate of citizenship and give away GC, when my turn came They don't have mine, I was like ####### what they going to do, is something went wrong or what. A lady took my GC and walked inside locked doors, i was sitting there and my family also started to worry coz they all drove $300 Miles took off from schools and Jobs to vouch me taking Oath, disappointment looming on all our faces worried what is going to happening, i could not communicate anything to them why i Only was made to sit separately which is 10 yards away, Finally i thought for a second i know why mine could be not ready coz i have my GC since 10/16/2006, and today is only 10/15/2009.. May be because of that they gonna hold me off . around that time I saw a man around 50 has his not ready walking and sat next to me i asked him when he had his interview he said Yesterday and I told him mine was a day earlier then him, I am Praying God I don't want to come back, the lady who took my GC inside the locked doors came out once with no info first time, went back inside and came out again she saw my tense face and came to me and said don't worry, you are fine and during her 3 time Out she came out with Certificates in her Hand. Thank you Jesus..Oh what a sigh of relief (i can only Imagine since our interview were done days before they are n't ready??? Any ways because of all this , I became the first One called to receive the Certificate of Citizenship :dance: out of 50 from 19 different countries.

OK here is what has happened during the time of presentation.USCIS office folks were constantly peeking onto I-10 by rolling blinds up, the district officer said, "you might all be thinking we are crazy, why we constantly looking out thru glass windows ", Mr President is Now in New Orleans today and his motorcade is going to pass this way, right then i saw Mr Obama's convoy passing by, some one screamed there it is and everyone got up from their seats and the presentation was literally halted for few minutes, it was so hilarious we saw him talking on TV few minutes early welcoming us as fellow citizens and now he is right (t)here!!

after that we all got some Pictures taken with family and left the building, I guess there are not many filers from New Orleans, but i have to admit its One of the the Best office and the staff are so welcoming.

One disappointment thing is They did Not gave us flags, Had i known i would have taken one with Me

waycool.gif

--------------------------------------------

Naturalization:

July 17, 2009 - Mailed N-400 to TX-Lockbox

July 23, 2009 - NOA

Aug 12, 2009 - Bio Metrics @ Jackson, MS

Oct 13, 2009 - Interview @ New Orleans, LA

Oct 15, 2009 - OATH @ New Orleans, LA

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good Bye USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

It's ironic how the USCIS can reject an application if you send it in 91 days before instead of the 90 they specify. Felt with the I-751, should have let us submit it the day after my wife received her conditional card, those two years that went by would have worked out just about right for their processing times.

Wife had her interview in St. Paul a year ago when the republican convention was going on just a few miles away. Thought that McCain, Bush, or Cheney would show up at her oath ceremony for a picture taking session. Bush never showed up even to his convention, McCain went to New Orleans, think Cheney went hunting, no one showed. We were advised not to even drive by the convention center as security was a maximum with blocked traffic, so just went home.

You can have our cheap 5" printed flag on a tiny Popsicle type stick, looks like it was made in China. Did get my wife a seven foot flag that was flown over the Capitol building in her honor, all hand stitched and made in the USA. They just pasted our photo to the certifcate with a USCIS half stamped on her photo and the certificate, even that looks cheap. Could have plastic laminated it for a few cents more, was thinking about getting that done, but not sure if that is legal.

Finishing up with the USCIS meant dealing with the DOS, that was even more stress.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
It's ironic how the USCIS can reject an application if you send it in 91 days before instead of the 90 they specify. Felt with the I-751, should have let us submit it the day after my wife received her conditional card, those two years that went by would have worked out just about right for their processing times.

Wife had her interview in St. Paul a year ago when the republican convention was going on just a few miles away. Thought that McCain, Bush, or Cheney would show up at her oath ceremony for a picture taking session. Bush never showed up even to his convention, McCain went to New Orleans, think Cheney went hunting, no one showed. We were advised not to even drive by the convention center as security was a maximum with blocked traffic, so just went home.

You can have our cheap 5" printed flag on a tiny Popsicle type stick, looks like it was made in China. Did get my wife a seven foot flag that was flown over the Capitol building in her honor, all hand stitched and made in the USA. They just pasted our photo to the certifcate with a USCIS half stamped on her photo and the certificate, even that looks cheap. Could have plastic laminated it for a few cents more, was thinking about getting that done, but not sure if that is legal.

Finishing up with the USCIS meant dealing with the DOS, that was even more stress.

Thank God, we don't have to deal with them No More Hopefully for Ever and Ever

Edited by satyam

waycool.gif

Naturalization:

July 17, 2009 - Mailed N-400 to TX-Lockbox

July 23, 2009 - NOA

Aug 12, 2009 - Bio Metrics @ Jackson, MS

Oct 13, 2009 - Interview @ New Orleans, LA

Oct 15, 2009 - OATH @ New Orleans, LA

Good Bye USCIS

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Satyam,

Congratulations on your oath ceremony and thanks for sharing about your experience here on VJ. :star:

Wow...it was nice of them to give you the oath, a day shy of the 3yr mark, but got your certificate first because of this... :thumbs:

Good luck with the rest of her immigration journey too as a US Citizen and in getting your passport.

Ant

P.S. Cool too, that Obama drove by and you got to see that! As for the flag...you can just get your own...(and imagine that Obama gave that to you)

Most of you don't believe what I said about the President until you read till end :wacko:

Guys, To day I had my Interview at 1:30 PM, the last leg of my Journey before ultimately becoming Proud USC.Thank You Lord.

Got there with wife, Kids and Mother In law and Father in law around 30 mts early hmm guess what we only got last row seats.

(After my Interview I asked the lady is there any Limit on how many will be allowed to watch she said honey you can bring the whole Block if you want :star: I guess they limited /gave no appointment for other services, so the whole waiting room was turned into a Oath ceremony Hall.)

I had a shocking Moments :crying: which took almost my breath away, when we all were allowed to stand in a line before start of the ceremony to confirm Name, DOB, Country & Pic are correct before we sign there on Certificate of citizenship and give away GC, when my turn came They don't have mine, I was like ####### what they going to do, is something went wrong or what. A lady took my GC and walked inside locked doors, i was sitting there and my family also started to worry coz they all drove $300 Miles took off from schools and Jobs to vouch me taking Oath, disappointment looming on all our faces worried what is going to happening, i could not communicate anything to them why i Only was made to sit separately which is 10 yards away, Finally i thought for a second i know why mine could be not ready coz i have my GC since 10/16/2006, and today is only 10/15/2009.. May be because of that they gonna hold me off . around that time I saw a man around 50 has his not ready walking and sat next to me i asked him when he had his interview he said Yesterday and I told him mine was a day earlier then him, I am Praying God I don't want to come back, the lady who took my GC inside the locked doors came out once with no info first time, went back inside and came out again she saw my tense face and came to me and said don't worry, you are fine and during her 3 time Out she came out with Certificates in her Hand. Thank you Jesus..Oh what a sigh of relief (i can only Imagine since our interview were done days before they are n't ready??? Any ways because of all this , I became the first One called to receive the Certificate of Citizenship :dance: out of 50 from 19 different countries.

OK here is what has happened during the time of presentation.USCIS office folks were constantly peeking onto I-10 by rolling blinds up, the district officer said, "you might all be thinking we are crazy, why we constantly looking out thru glass windows ", Mr President is Now in New Orleans today and his motorcade is going to pass this way, right then i saw Mr Obama's convoy passing by, some one screamed there it is and everyone got up from their seats and the presentation was literally halted for few minutes, it was so hilarious we saw him talking on TV few minutes early welcoming us as fellow citizens and now he is right (t)here!!

after that we all got some Pictures taken with family and left the building, I guess there are not many filers from New Orleans, but i have to admit its One of the the Best office and the staff are so welcoming.

One disappointment thing is They did Not gave us flags, Had i known i would have taken one with Me

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.