mlybrand

DS-3032 Advice...

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Okay here are my bone-headed DS-3032 questions:

First, note that I have two related cases (wife and stepson).

1. When I was down in Lima, I had my wife sign two forms, one for her and one for my stepson. I obtained the forms from State's website. The forms have the blank area to put the barcode. With the email notification, I received a blank form with the barcode. Which would you recommend: using the LingChe instructions and generating a barcode to put on the signed ones, or to fill out the blank ones?

2. In either case, am I correct in assuming that I then scan the document and attach it to an email that is then sent to NVC?

3. Assuming I use the signed one: Should I just snail mail the one with the affixed barcode? Photocopy okay or will the original with the pasted on barcode look funny? Can I attach the blank one with barcode and a cover letter of explanation or would this just confuse matters? (Please note that I plan to mail after emailing).

4. Assuming I use the blank one with the barcode already ready already, do I have my wife print a completed one, sign it and then scan it back in to me? Then print and mail?? (If I can do that, then I would assume the photocopy in #3 would be okay)

5. Since I have the two related cases, I was planning on putting each in its own labeled envelope and then putting both envelopes in the same FedEx mailer with a cover letter of explanation. Is this a good idea or a bad one?

I look forward to your replies. TIA

Mark :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I had my husband sign a blank one and when I got the one from NVC, I cut the bar code off the ones they sent us and used a paste to attach it... I did not have any problems... I did the e-mail 3032 and mailed a hard copy with the pasted bar-code and the mailed one was accepted quicker...

I don't know that you have to put each applicaton in its own envelope... Maybe just a cover sheet saying the applicants name and NVC # so they dont think it is a duplicate???

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
I had my husband sign a blank one and when I got the one from NVC, I cut the bar code off the ones they sent us and used a paste to attach it... I did not have any problems... I did the e-mail 3032 and mailed a hard copy with the pasted bar-code and the mailed one was accepted quicker...

I don't know that you have to put each applicaton in its own envelope... Maybe just a cover sheet saying the applicants name and NVC # so they dont think it is a duplicate???

Thanks christeen. Yeah, it is mostly the duplicate issue that I am concerned about on putting them in separate envelopes. I think I will do as you say and have something like:

1. Cover letter (indicating four attachments - below)

2. Cover sheet for wife's DS-3032

3. Wife's DS-3032

4. Cover sheet for stepson's DS-3032

5. Stepson's DS-3032

Mark :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.