Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Police certificate

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My husband needs to get his police certificate for our I-130 petition. I've already paid the IV bill. But in order to get a police certificate, the Hong Kong Police department said we need "The original and a photocopy (for each applicant) of a letter from the relevant Consulate / Immigration Authority / Government Authority, which contains his or her name and clearly indicates that the production of the Certificate is required."

Will the NVC send us a letter with my husband's name indicating the need of the police certificate? Or what should we do in roder to get the police certificate? ANy ideas anyone?

Thanks a lot!


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I suggest that you call the NVC and ask them to send you a letter that includes your name and your husband's name, and that indicates the need for a police clearance. They may ask you to fax the request to them in a letter.

I recently went through similar situation with USE in Manila, and they asked me to fax a letter to them. They sent back (fairly promptly) a letter indicating the need for the clearance from HK, and also including my name (petitioner) and my fiancee's name (applicant).

good luck!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.