lgg

Travel help...

94 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, it looks as though I won't be home for Xmas yet again so... I'm going to fly to see my husband over xmas. As you all must know, Air Canada blows big lumpy chunks when it comes to price and selection.

What I was thinking of doing was taking the bus from Toronto to Buffalo NY -- Just found out it only takes about 2 hours using a company called Mega Bus and then I will fly out of BUF to BWI for about 200$ or less.

Does anyone have any other ideas as to how I can go about this? I do not drive and thus, do not own a car -- I wish I did now but alas...

How do you all do it?

Anyone want to carpool? I am excellent company!

;)

just looking for other travel ideas that are cheaper and such. Also, if you have heard anything about the bus company I mentioned or have any other ideas as to how to get to Buffalo airport in safe manner? OR know of some cheap airlines and stuff that I may not have found.

Thanks guys...

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, it looks as though I won't be home for Xmas yet again so... I'm going to fly to see my husband over xmas. As you all must know, Air Canada blows big lumpy chunks when it comes to price and selection.

What I was thinking of doing was taking the bus from Toronto to Buffalo NY -- Just found out it only takes about 2 hours using a company called Mega Bus and then I will fly out of BUF to BWI for about 200$ or less.

Does anyone have any other ideas as to how I can go about this? I do not drive and thus, do not own a car -- I wish I did now but alas...

How do you all do it?

Anyone want to carpool? I am excellent company!

;)

just looking for other travel ideas that are cheaper and such. Also, if you have heard anything about the bus company I mentioned or have any other ideas as to how to get to Buffalo airport in safe manner? OR know of some cheap airlines and stuff that I may not have found.

Thanks guys...

Well depending on when I get my interview, I could carpool with you :P We'd be leaving after xmas tho, probably boxing day.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

First off, I wouldn't count on MegaBus to be on time. I've read some really bad reviews on their schedule and being late.

Also, depending on the border and amount of people on the bus, it will most likely take longer than 2 hours. I'd give yourself a good 6 hours to get to Buffalo. If you have the time, then it would be an okay way to travel for sure. Especially if it saves you a lot of money.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Have you maybe looked at a shuttle service that goes from Toronto to Buffalo?

I went on one from my city to Detriot, it was about 100 one way and it got me to the airport on time.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
You don't drive? :blink:

I know a lot of people from Toronto and in other cities who do not drive. Cars are expensive in the city and often unnecessary if you live near good transit, like the subway.

I do drive, but didn't ever have a car while I lived in Toronto and don't have one now in NYC. It's not that uncommon.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

It's true. I never have. I have never had a license. I also don't get driven around. I walk, take public transit, and mainly? I ride a bicycle. There I said it .

I do know how to drive but I've never felt like I really needed my license. That though will change once I get to the US. We live in the country sort of and i'll need to drive.

Is it that shocking? most people I know do not own a vehicle or drive. I also live in a major city and have since I was 18, public transportation takes you wherever you want to go in not time at very little cost.

:)

You don't drive? :blink:

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

OH PS!!!

I carpool to work every single morning but I walk about 40 minutes from my house to where the carpool meets. There and back everyday. Sometimes I ride my bike and leave it in a bike locker but I have to wear 'Business' clothes to work in so walking keeps my looking primped!

:D

I am also kind of freaking out about the whole driving thing but -- it's necessary and well, needs to be done. I like to think I do my part to save myself a lot of money and do my part in keeping the world a little greener.

I am a hippy in business wear. I admit.

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Knowing where you live, I wasn't surprised that you don't own a car. Also, I realize there are many American cities where people do not own cars. Just because I live in flyover country doesn't mean I'm a complete rube. :lol: What I was questioning was that you don't know how to drive, but I see in your last post that you do indeed know how to drive. If you had never learned to drive, then I would have been shocked. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Timeline

Oh my gosh.... there are no worries to be had. Lots of people who don't/haven't lived in the city are surprised at this. Talk to me about the people in my office who live in Ajax or Oshawa! They're beside themselves with the fact that I don't own a car. They FREAK right out when I tell them that I ride a bicycle a lot of the time too.

I know how to drive -- I did not say I was any good at it. I need a lot of practice!

Knowing where you live, I wasn't surprised that you don't own a car. Also, I realize there are many American cities where people do not own cars. Just because I live in flyover country doesn't mean I'm a complete rube. :lol: What I was questioning was that you don't know how to drive, but I see in your last post that you do indeed know how to drive. If you had never learned to drive, then I would have been shocked. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread.

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Hey Lgg! You want a ride or not? We`d probably drive you to your destination since BWI is close to where varba lives!

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Timeline

OH! I didn't know you were being serious!!!

Wow... that is something to consider, eh? I will PM you my personal email address and such and maybe we can work something out...

Sorry, Peachy -- I didn't read it as a serious request!

:D

Hey Lgg! You want a ride or not? We`d probably drive you to your destination since BWI is close to where varba lives!

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

Thanks everyone...

And Krikit -- if i'm going to train it to buffalo? I think I like the idea of this than that other bus I mentioned -- it just sounds too good to be true? 2 hours? and it's only 7$???

Dunno...

Thanks to everyone for their help -- I really appreciate it and Peachy? you're a doll for offering -- I will send you my email address and we can see what we can see...

Best,

LGG

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Just so you know, Varba says you have to dress up in a frog costume and play the banjo, otherwise he wouldn't recognize you.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.