thongd4me

The Case Status Reporting System - Jumping beyond or not?

6 posts in this topic

I got my email notification for the I-129F approval and that was clear enough.

Then I go to USCIS to see if that agrees with this and when I plug in my case number,

the progress bullet displayed for me is "Post Decision Activity"

Sounds great, but that seems to have skipped the "Testing & Interview" and "Decison" stages.

Anybody else get this too?

No problem the RFE step was skipped, but I expected to see my case under "Testing & Interview"

Just my humble attempt to understand this confusing process.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That is exactly what mine did. Its just in a backwards order. We havent had the interview yet so its just saying that they have made the initial decision and that there is activity (being sent to NVC). So now I guess give it a week or so and then call to find out where its at :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Then I go to USCIS to see if that agrees with this and when I plug in my case number,

Sounds great, but that seems to have skipped the "Testing & Interview" and "Decison" stages.

No problem the RFE step was skipped, but I expected to see my case under "Testing & Interview"

CONGRATS first of all on your NOA2 :dance:

Yes, ours went from RFE straight to "post decision" stage too. As far as the "interview" stage is concerned (I am guessing here and maybe someone will correct me if I am wrong), if there is a need for USCIS to personally interview the petitioner (for whatever reason) then this will be highlighted. The consulate interview is carried out by the DOS and not USCIS. Does this make sense? As I said, I am only guessing that we have finished with USCIS for the time being until we apply for AOS and that is why we have gone straight through to "Post Decision Activity".

Anyway, good luck with the rest of your journey! We are now looking forward to a possible Christmas reunion - what a Christmas present THAT would be!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Bren & Ian & Matthew ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

04/05/2008 Met Online

06/30/2008 Ian visited Bren in US for 8 days

09/25/2008 Bren visited Ian in Scotland for six months

12/24/2008 We got engaged!

02/26/2009 We found out we are expecting a baby!!!

05/28/2009 Ian came to visit Bren in US for 8 days

10/07/2009 Baby Matthew born

01/25/2010 We got married!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ AOS ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12/29/2009 POE Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport

01/25/2010 Married

02/22/2010 SSN Received

03/18/2010 Appt with CS for I-693

03/18/2010 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131

03/21/2010 AOS Package Delivered

03/29/2010 NOA1 email and text received for I-485, I-765 & I-131

04/01/2010 Hardcopies NOA1 received

04/21/2010 Biometrics letter received (scheduled 05/14/2010)

05/14/2010 Biometrics taken

05/15/2010 Touch on I-485 & I-765 (biometrics)

05/17/2010 Touch I-485 & I-765

05/20/2010 Letter received for interview

05/28/2010 I-131 & I-765 approved

06/04/2010 AP received in mail & EAD card production ordered

06/10/2010 EAD card received

06/25/2010 Interview (APPROVED!! YAYYY)

06/30/2010 Welcome to USA letter received

07/10/2010 Green Card Received!!!

04/30/2012 Removal of Conditions sent

11/13/2012 10 year Green Card received - no more USCIS until citizenship!!!!

scotland.gifusa.gif

Yes, ours went from RFE straight to "post decision" stage too. As far as the "interview" stage is concerned (I am guessing here and maybe someone will correct me if I am wrong), if there is a need for USCIS to personally interview the petitioner (for whatever reason) then this will be highlighted. The consulate interview is carried out by the DOS and not USCIS. Does this make sense? As I said, I am only guessing that we have finished with USCIS for the time being until we apply for AOS and that is why we have gone straight through to "Post Decision Activity".

Anyway, good luck with the rest of your journey! We are now looking forward to a possible Christmas reunion - what a Christmas present THAT would be!!!!

Thanks for the reply. The notion that I would be called for an interview first was not anticipated but will be

no problem, whatever they say. I hope the fact that I am in Thailand won't work against me as I may not

get any mail they send me that quickly (my mail will be forwarded on a selective basis as it's being monitored

by my mom).

Thanks again,

TD4Me

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks for the reply. The notion that I would be called for an interview first was not anticipated but will be

no problem, whatever they say. I hope the fact that I am in Thailand won't work against me as I may not

get any mail they send me that quickly (my mail will be forwarded on a selective basis as it's being monitored

by my mom).

Thanks again,

TD4Me

Not to rain on your happiness, but you can not be sure it was sent to the embassy :(

You can only track they sent some papers to bkk, you can not track if it is your paperwork.

They send a standard letter to everyone that they sent it to the embassy. Nan's paper work got pull for AP after they send the letter and then took one more month for the AP before they really sent it. It suck you can not track K1/K3 at the NVC level. Just send emails to the embassy if they got or have your congress man's office call the NVC, they can have it tracked, mine did.

The "Testing and Interview" status does not apply to I-129F petitions. The interview for the K-1 visa is within the purview of the State Department. Once USCIS approves the petition (Decision), they ship it out to NVC where DOS takes over the process.

Incidentally, the process of preparing the approved petition to ship to NVC constitutes "Post-Decision Activity," which explains the rapid leap to that status.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.