sleepless in OR

First RFE approval for a recall?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Rene, is it correct that you just received notice of RFE APPROVAL on July 13? What did the status update say? I saw where you just updated THE CHARTand my curiosity is killing me?. Congrats if your are the first, hopefully the others will follow soon.

The letter arrived today, 7/17; it is the exact same NOA wording as the first approval notice from 4/6/06: "the above petition has been approved..." -- there is no mention of the RFE - nothing. The notice date is 7/13 and the Valid dates are 7/14 - 11/13. I had been last touched on USCIS 7/14. Finally, there is no updated info on the USCIS website either stating that the RFE was approved, which I find curious.

let me furnish more details because this has been torturing us all and every tid-bit of info helps:

3/8 - submit application

4/6 - noa - it is approved and forwarded to nvc

4/26 - letter from nvc - case forwarded to us embassy in argentina

5/15 - notification from embassy in argentina for fiancee to proceed w/ medical exam and criminal background check. Fiancee subsequently fulfills requirements w/in a week and notifies the embassy.

6/1 - letter from embassy in argentina stating interview date is for 6/30 (received approximately 6/5)

6/20 - 2 letters from USCIS - 1 that recieved case back from DOS; 2 that case is reopened. I had no knowledge of these letters because of problems with the mail here at home. I recieved the letters 7/1

6/30 - fiancee goes to embassy for interview and is told the case if frozen

6/26 - RFE letter (received by me 7/3)

7/5 - overnite RFE to CSC (arrives to CSC 7/6)

7/12 - USCIS website touch

7/13 - USCIS website confirm received RFE

7/14 - touch

7/17 - receive noa stating case is approved. Again, it is the EXACT same format as the first approval - NO mention of the RFE. The Notice date is 7/13; and the valid dates are 7/14 - 11/13. Also, it is curious that there is no mention of it on the USCIS website -- just the same touch from 7/14 stating the standard notice of reciept of the RFE from 7/13. The NOA envelope is postmarked 7/14 and it is sent presorted first class.

Rene

Rene, I really hope this is the case, but I have been thinking about this. When does your previous Approval Expire? IT seems like it would have expired on July 7 or 8, and maybe they have just gave you the extension of the first approval. I think they would update the case online, and you would get an email saying that the approval was reaffirmed. I really hope I am wrong, but I think this might be the case.

Sorry if I am the bearer of bad news. I was so excited for you.

No worries - the expiration dates from the first NOA approval of the petition is 8/5/06, "(valid 4/6/06 - 8/05/06)"

RENE - SUPER*MEGA*CONGRATS to you!!!!! Thank you so much for providing the details of your experience. It all makes perfect sense to me. Instead of checking my online status update, which has not changed since July 12 (the RFE receipt message), I will be anxiously awaiting the mailman. I am hoping my letter will arrive soon. I am in Portland - usually takes 3 or 4 days for the pony express to get up here from So. Cal. Thanks again for sharing! I feel so much better now!!!!

P.S. Was there any mention of the reaffirmed petition being forwarded to NVC before it goes back to the embassy?

Yes - the letter says the petition has been sent to the NVC and that I will receive notification by mail when the NVC has sent the petition to the US Embassy.

Rene

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Rene, is it correct that you just received notice of RFE APPROVAL on July 13? What did the status update say? I saw where you just updated THE CHARTand my curiosity is killing me?. Congrats if your are the first, hopefully the others will follow soon.

The letter arrived today, 7/17; it is the exact same NOA wording as the first approval notice from 4/6/06: "the above petition has been approved..." -- there is no mention of the RFE - nothing. The notice date is 7/13 and the Valid dates are 7/14 - 11/13. I had been last touched on USCIS 7/14. Finally, there is no updated info on the USCIS website either stating that the RFE was approved, which I find curious.

let me furnish more details because this has been torturing us all and every tid-bit of info helps:

3/8 - submit application

4/6 - noa - it is approved and forwarded to nvc

4/26 - letter from nvc - case forwarded to us embassy in argentina

5/15 - notification from embassy in argentina for fiancee to proceed w/ medical exam and criminal background check. Fiancee subsequently fulfills requirements w/in a week and notifies the embassy.

6/1 - letter from embassy in argentina stating interview date is for 6/30 (received approximately 6/5)

6/20 - 2 letters from USCIS - 1 that recieved case back from DOS; 2 that case is reopened. I had no knowledge of these letters because of problems with the mail here at home. I recieved the letters 7/1

6/30 - fiancee goes to embassy for interview and is told the case if frozen

6/26 - RFE letter (received by me 7/3)

7/5 - overnite RFE to CSC (arrives to CSC 7/6)

7/12 - USCIS website touch

7/13 - USCIS website confirm received RFE

7/14 - touch

7/17 - receive noa stating case is approved. Again, it is the EXACT same format as the first approval - NO mention of the RFE. The Notice date is 7/13; and the valid dates are 7/14 - 11/13. Also, it is curious that there is no mention of it on the USCIS website -- just the same touch from 7/14 stating the standard notice of reciept of the RFE from 7/13. The NOA envelope is postmarked 7/14 and it is sent presorted first class.

Rene

Rene, I really hope this is the case, but I have been thinking about this. When does your previous Approval Expire? IT seems like it would have expired on July 7 or 8, and maybe they have just gave you the extension of the first approval. I think they would update the case online, and you would get an email saying that the approval was reaffirmed. I really hope I am wrong, but I think this might be the case.

Sorry if I am the bearer of bad news. I was so excited for you.

No worries - the expiration dates from the first NOA approval of the petition is 8/5/06, "(valid 4/6/06 - 8/05/06)"

RENE - SUPER*MEGA*CONGRATS to you!!!!! Thank you so much for providing the details of your experience. It all makes perfect sense to me. Instead of checking my online status update, which has not changed since July 12 (the RFE receipt message), I will be anxiously awaiting the mailman. I am hoping my letter will arrive soon. I am in Portland - usually takes 3 or 4 days for the pony express to get up here from So. Cal. Thanks again for sharing! I feel so much better now!!!!

P.S. Was there any mention of the reaffirmed petition being forwarded to NVC before it goes back to the embassy?

Yes - the letter says the petition has been sent to the NVC and that I will receive notification by mail when the NVC has sent the petition to the US Embassy.

Rene

Thanks! What a pain in the patoot. I kind of figured this would be the case, but I read another post awhile back saying that recalled petitions would not have to go back to NVC after being reaffirmed, but would be sent directly back to the appropriate embassy. What a drag - another waste of a couple weeks or so. But at least it shows they have figured out how to process a recalled petition.

2/28/06 - K-1 app sent to NSC

3/06/06 - NOA 1

3/31/06 - NOA 2

4/12/06 - NVC sent approved petition to Paris embassy

4/24/06 - fiance received instruction pkt (pkt 3)

5/05/06 - pkt 3 checklist returned to embassy

6/16/06 - CRIS-USCIS email "petition received"

6/21/06 - 1-797s (2) received, petition "received", "reopened" by CSC

6/26/06 - email, RFE sent

7/05/06 - RFE received and sent back to CSC

7/06/06 - RFE received, signed for by receptionist at CSC

7/11/06 - email RFE received by CSC

7/12/06 - touched (same message as day before about RFE receipt

WAITING WAITING WAITING

8/15/06 - NVC receives reaffirmed petition (no written confirmation yet)

8/22/06 - NVC sends reapproved petition back to Paris CHOUETTE!!!!

9/21/06 - Pkt. 4 received

10/4/06 - INTERVIEW scheduled\

11-14-06 - VISA RECEIVED!!!!![/b]

12/08/06 - Arrives - POE PDX

12/14/06 - Married in Vegas, Baby!!!

AOS

01/03/07- I-485 sent to Chicago

01/09/07 - NOA from MSC

01/30/07 - Biometrics taken

02/01/07 - touched

04/10/07 - Interview scheduled/AOS approved - I-551 stamp in passport

04/18/07 - Permanent Resident Card received!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.