jessie1970

abt to mail out, help pleaseeeeeeeeeee

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hi everyone im in the uk and married my husband in september, we have known each other many years but got to the serious bit a few yrs ago!! i went /came over to the usa in aug and we married im now back in the uk and our package is being sent in next week hopefully!!, just waiting on a couple of affadavits abt our marriage.. im hoping to visit for christmas just for a couple of weeks, should there be any problem with this? also i heard that they send forms back when recieved it app a cr-1 do u fill this in and basically see which comes back first? the k3 or cr-1 and does that include my children?? only my youngest wants to come live with us though... i have read the stuff on here and although clear find some bits confusing and hope i dont sound "thick" but our brains have just been going round and round and round doing all this stuff which im sure you all found too x any help/advice that can be given would be great

hi everyone im in the uk and married my husband in september, we have known each other many years but got to the serious bit a few yrs ago!! i went /came over to the usa in aug and we married im now back in the uk and our package is being sent in next week hopefully!!, just waiting on a couple of affadavits abt our marriage.. im hoping to visit for christmas just for a couple of weeks, should there be any problem with this? also i heard that they send forms back when recieved it app a cr-1 do u fill this in and basically see which comes back first? the k3 or cr-1 and does that include my children?? only my youngest wants to come live with us though... i have read the stuff on here and although clear find some bits confusing and hope i dont sound "thick" but our brains have just been going round and round and round doing all this stuff which im sure you all found too x any help/advice that can be given would be great

K3 is non-immigrant

CR-1 is immigrant visa which one are you going to file?

Are you going to file for DCF or Direct Consular Filing in the UK?

I'm a bit distorted with your inquiries or maybe because I am not a native english speaker, anyhow contact the US Embassy London for further informations.

Good luck!!

Dec 15,2009 - Assigned interview date on January 24,2010!!

Jan. 24, 2010 - Interview!! Approved

Jan. 28, 2010 - VISA received

Mar. 03,2010 - POE, New York (JFK)

Apr. 12,2010- CA ID

May 20,2010- CA Driving License

May, 25,2010-Wife told me that she is pregnant ^_^

Jan.25,2011- Our daughter was born

Lee and Jen + Karenza

Timeline

hi, im a uk citizen husband a us citizen......

we are sending in th i-130 was confused as read on here u get cr-1 back or can go the k3 way?? what we have done is filled in the i-130 got everything ready to send in the fiance visa one like we were told..i have to write my childrens details on etc and just wanted to also be sure i didnt need anything else for them too ...phew thanks

Hi jessie1970.

With either K3/K4 or CR1/IR1, the process starts with filing an I-130 petition. The USC spouse must file an I-130 petition for the spouse and all dependent children below 18. For the USC spouse to petition your kids as stepchildren, it has to be proven that your marriage to their parent has been terminated legally and your marriage to your USC spouse happened before any of them turned 18 years old. How old are your kids?

If you want K3 and K4 visas for you and your kids, you file the I-130s first (with fees and supporting documents) then wait for the receipt notice (or NOA1) to arrive. When you have that, you then file an I-129F petition immediately at the Service Center where your I-130 is pending (try not to be confused...this form is primarily used for fiance(e)s, but is also used as a supplementary form for K3/K4 applicants. I've seen cases where the I-130 was approved so fast before the I-129F can be sent in. When you are preparing the I-129F, all the names of your children must be included, whether they are joining you or not.

If you have been married less than 2 years, and you DO NOT FILE an I-129F after receiving the NOA1 of your I-130 petition, then you are applying for a CR1 visa. It's a conditional permanent resident visa, at the end of the process, you and your kids will receive a 2 year conditional green card.

If you have been married for 2 years or longer, and you DO NOT FILE an I-129F after receiving the NOA1 of your I-130 petition, then you are applying for a IR1 visa. It's a lawful permanent resident visa, at the end of the process, you and your kids will receive a 10 year regular green card.

hi, im a uk citizen husband a us citizen......

we are sending in th i-130 was confused as read on here u get cr-1 back or can go the k3 way?? what we have done is filled in the i-130 got everything ready to send in the fiance visa one like we were told..i have to write my childrens details on etc and just wanted to also be sure i didnt need anything else for them too ...phew thanks

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Timeline

[Thank you so so so much!!!! that has made the most sense that I have heard so far!! and is like I thought!!!! my husband has all the stuff ready in the us to send in the i-130 well we are just waiting for 2 affidavits to come back and i have already done all the stuff for the fiance visa one which is also in america with him ready to mail....yes after our wedding whilst he was at work i was busy doing paperwork :) !!! i filled in all my childrens details the eldest is 19 and doesnt at the moment want to join us in america anyway...we were married in sept in the US and have known each other many years... after reading alot of stuff on here sometimes everything sounds so complicated and confusing and just makes u feel a million times worse!!! i have done all the stuff myself and gone through everything and at the end of the day like my husband said we are in love and telling the truth so surely...fingers crossed..all will be ok...seems abt6-9 mths by looking at things the usual amount of time it takes but i am concerned about going back for 2 weeks at xmas obviously he will have sent the paperwork in by then and my passport will be in mrs .... am i likely to get anymore than usual problems trying to enter? should i just take proof of work , tenancy agreement for home etc with me? or would that not make any diff anyway??? thank u so much again jess

i filled in all my childrens details the eldest is 19 and doesnt at the moment want to join us in america anyway...

Your son should keep in mind that once he reaches the age of 21, he enters the F2 visa category. Because that is a category with a limited number of visas it would take a very very long time to get here. The priority date wouldn't be current until 8 years from the time of filing.

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.