pmkroger

Divorce documents for interview

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

My wife will probably not be able to obtain the original divorce document from her first marriage before the interview. How often do they actually ask to look at your documents? It seems that for many people the IO doesn't even look at them. Anyway we're going in with what we have and hope for the best.

Thanks,

Peter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
My wife will probably not be able to obtain the original divorce document from her first marriage before the interview. How often do they actually ask to look at your documents? It seems that for many people the IO doesn't even look at them. Anyway we're going in with what we have and hope for the best.

Thanks,

Peter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks,

Peter

Hit the wrong button, won't let me edit my blank post.

Wife's IO should wanted to see ours, she even wanted to keep our originals, wife said no way, would cost us a small fortune to replace them. Her IO was too lazy to look up the exact copies we submitted. Our state wouldn't even issue a marriage license until we brought in our divorce papers, then made us wait ten day until they checked them out. Our marriage certificate was issued by our state, during the AOS, they didn't trust our state, still had to bring in the divorce papers. How does the USCIS think my wife got her green card, out of a Cracker Jack box? But the same thing again with USC, mine are 50 pages long printed on both sides, a hundred pages to copy, again. Trying to forget that, they won't let you, was so teed off after my divorce, threw the entire file in the trash can, but after I cooled down, retrieved them, LOL, good thing I did. Never thought I would get married again, once was enough.

Some people here posted their IO never wanted to see their orginals, makes sense to me if you have a valid marriage certificate, but never know what you are going to run into. My wife petitioned for her over 21 unmarried son, had to dig out her divorce papers again to show the name trail along with yet another copy of our marriage certificate. Wife said her stack of evidence was over three inches high, same old stuff over and over again. Wore out my copying machine, my car, and my brain dealing with the USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.