Chalupa718

I-864A Question, hope someone can help!!

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

At my husband's interview he was required to get a joint sponsor because I did not have enough income and unemployed.

So we got someone to do the I-864 and the I864A.

I have a question where I might have rushed and put the wrong or / reversed info.

PART 1. HOUSEHOLD MEMBER (you) = I let the joint sponsor person filled that out... and also on the

PART 2. Sponsor's Promise (she put her name too)

I think I did it wrong... because the last part PART 3. Household member promise, I printed my name and signed it.

WASN'T IT SUPPOSED TO BE HER (THE JOINT SPONSOR)?

i know this may sound stupid but i confused myself.

BUT here is the question:

For this form I864A . am i the sponsor or the household member??? Who fills out the 1st part = household member???

also this person is not related to me so what should they put on relationship to sponsor, if they put other they have to specify, can FRIEND be written there??

PLEASE PLEASE HELP PLEASE!!

Thanks!

:(

"My beautiful husband is already with me... Thank you God"

smiley-happy093.gif

28b5c84dc7.png

"Missing someone is part of loving them. If you're never apart; you'll never know how strong your love is"[/b]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
Hello,

At my husband's interview he was required to get a joint sponsor because I did not have enough income and unemployed.

So we got someone to do the I-864 and the I864A.

I have a question where I might have rushed and put the wrong or / reversed info.

PART 1. HOUSEHOLD MEMBER (you) = I let the joint sponsor person filled that out... and also on the

PART 2. Sponsor's Promise (she put her name too)

I think I did it wrong... because the last part PART 3. Household member promise, I printed my name and signed it.

WASN'T IT SUPPOSED TO BE HER (THE JOINT SPONSOR)?

i know this may sound stupid but i confused myself.

BUT here is the question:

For this form I864A . am i the sponsor or the household member??? Who fills out the 1st part = household member???

also this person is not related to me so what should they put on relationship to sponsor, if they put other they have to specify, can FRIEND be written there??

PLEASE PLEASE HELP PLEASE!!

Thanks!

:(

I think you might have made a boo boo.... you filled out your 864 and signed and filled it out... The joint sponsor filled one out marking the "I am only joint sponsor" box... on her 864 she fills out your SO's name for who is immigrating, her information on page 2, her income info and she has to sign it and put her info that she agrees to be responsible... I would call NVC and tell them you discovered this error otherwise You will probably get an RFE, so I would have another copy done correctly ready to send... the NVC can direct you to either just send the correct one with a letter explaining OR you wait for the RFE... The main thing is have another ready to go correct...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.