mslady

VAWA - APPROVED!!! After 15 months

11 posts in this topic

My I-360 got approved On Wednesday, October 7 after 15months. I am so happy. I waited and waited and wondered why so long!!! :dance:

I am so thankful to God. I didn't suffer in vain!!!!!

I have been told to be expecting an interview date now. I hope i don't wait too long for that.

Ex-wife of abusive USC. Filing VAWA

Prior Status: F1, NYC

Aug 06: Married USC (US born, raised in my country)

Apr 07: Filed I-130/I-485/I-765

May 07: RD for I-130/I-485/I-765

Jun 07: Biometrics for I-485/I-765

Aug 07: Assaulted by USC (1 out of many) - USC arrested, 2nd degree assault. Controlling USC constantly reminded me that he could have me deported at his will (emails, text msgs, voicemails saved)

Sep 07: Interview for I-485, both didn't show. USC calls & writes immigration to withdraw.

Oct - Dec 07: Orders of protection, police reports, moved out with nothing, trying to start my life over.

Dec 07: USC filed annulment saying i refuse to have kids & I married him for greencard. Contested. 1yr later, he withdrew & refilled on abandonment.

Jun 08: Filed I-360, VAWA

July 08: RD for Prima Facie Determination - 180 days

Aug 08: Criminal & Family court still on - Final Order of protection (USC pleads guilty)

Sep 08: Filed I-765 based on pending I-485

Oct 08: Biometrics for I-765

Nov 08: I-765 Denied, lawyer says it's likely they don't know about the pending VAWA case

Jan 09: RD for 2nd Prima Facie - 180 days

Apr 09: Divorce final

Oct 7, 09: I-360 approved So happy & thankful to God cos i have waited, prayed & hoped for so long.

Oct 26, 09 - Filed for I485 Adjustment of Status - paid approx $1,000 to immigration + $200 Civil surgeon fee.

Nov 21, 09 - Finger print letter received

Dec 13, 09 - Happily fingerprinted & photographed ;)

Feb 1, 10 - Employ Auth card received

Feb 3, 10 - Interview letter received

Mar 10, 10 - APPROVED!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Tunisia
Timeline
My I-360 got approved On Wednesday, October 7 after 15months. I am so happy. I waited and waited and wondered why so long!!! :dance:

I have been told to be expecting an interview date now. I hope i don't wait too long for that.

i got my apprival email form VCS, for my I-360, what should i do now? please help

Filed: Other Timeline

:dance: CONGRATULATIONS! If you haven't filed I-485 and I-765 yet, fill them out send them to Chicago office will be the next step! :yes:

i got my apprival email form VCS, for my I-360, what should i do now? please help

Congratulations mslady, I'm waiting for an interview date as well. Mine was approved 9/22/09, after waiting for 20 months. My receipt date was 1/22/2008. I sure hope that from here on out, it will be smooth sailing till we get our GC and get on with our lives with confidence and not uncertainty and fear.

Timeline
:dance: CONGRATULATIONS! If you haven't filed I-485 and I-765 yet, fill them out send them to Chicago office will be the next step! :yes: thank you very much, so i do not have to wait for the approval notice? just I-485 and I-765? no thing else?

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Didonyc:

I found the following posting from Gabriela525, regarding to I-765 and I-485, this is what she posted:

Hi,

I have read alot lot about vawa, I got aproved last march, (after 13 months) about the EAD I believe that when the vawa is pending you are also eligible for an Employment Authorization Card. To apply, USCIS Form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) should be filed with the Vermont Service Center. Applicants should indicate that they are seeking employment authorization pursuant to 8 CFR 274a.12 ------> option c(14) and you should write a letter explaining your situation and the you need to work (don't forget the letter)

also:

When you got your vawa approved and you are or were married with a Permanent Resident and you need to wait for an immigrant visa number and file the AOS you are placed in deferred action are also eligible for an Employment Authorization Card. To apply, USCIS Form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) should be filed with the Vermont Service Center. Applicants should indicate that they are seeking employment authorization pursuant to 8 CFR 274a.12 ------> option c(14)

third:

When you got your vawa approved Self-petitioners who qualify as immediate relatives of U.S. citizens (spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21) do not have to wait for an immigrant visa number to become available. you can send your AOS to Chicago and you need to file:

I-485

G-325A

I-864W

I-765 EAD ------> option C(9) Medical Exam

So, if your VAWA is pending sent your EAD request to Vermont option c(14) (letter)

if your vawa is approved send your EAD request to Chicago option c(9)

I believe that If you had an EAD because you file an adjustement of status before end it was cancel, don't try to renew that one, try to get an EAD base on your pending VAWA to VERMONT option C(14)

Best wishes for you all!! please don't give up and BE STRONG!!!

I hope it helps you. If you need more info, look for her postings, she has read and published important info regarding to VAWA process.

Have a blessed weekend,

EWTN

:dance: CONGRATULATIONS! If you haven't filed I-485 and I-765 yet, fill them out send them to Chicago office will be the next step! :yes: thank you very much, so i do not have to wait for the approval notice? just I-485 and I-765? no thing else?

Edited by EWTN2009

Timeline
Hi Didonyc:

I found the following posting from Gabriela525, regarding to I-765 and I-485, this is what she posted:

Hi,

I have read alot lot about vawa, I got aproved last march, (after 13 months) about the EAD I believe that when the vawa is pending you are also eligible for an Employment Authorization Card. To apply, USCIS Form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) should be filed with the Vermont Service Center. Applicants should indicate that they are seeking employment authorization pursuant to 8 CFR 274a.12 ------> option c(14) and you should write a letter explaining your situation and the you need to work (don't forget the letter)

also:

When you got your vawa approved and you are or were married with a Permanent Resident and you need to wait for an immigrant visa number and file the AOS you are placed in deferred action are also eligible for an Employment Authorization Card. To apply, USCIS Form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) should be filed with the Vermont Service Center. Applicants should indicate that they are seeking employment authorization pursuant to 8 CFR 274a.12 ------> option c(14)

third:

When you got your vawa approved Self-petitioners who qualify as immediate relatives of U.S. citizens (spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21) do not have to wait for an immigrant visa number to become available. you can send your AOS to Chicago and you need to file:

I-485

G-325A

I-864W

I-765 EAD ------> option C(9) Medical Exam

So, if your VAWA is pending sent your EAD request to Vermont option c(14) (letter)

if your vawa is approved send your EAD request to Chicago option c(9)

I believe that If you had an EAD because you file an adjustement of status before end it was cancel, don't try to renew that one, try to get an EAD base on your pending VAWA to VERMONT option C(14)

Best wishes for you all!! please don't give up and BE STRONG!!!

I hope it helps you. If you need more info, look for her postings, she has read and published important info regarding to VAWA process.

Have a blessed weekend,

EWTN

thank you so much, i really appreciate your help folks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you all.

Didonyc, it looks like you got all the information you need. See my signature for my timeline. Please note: I had to pay about $1,000 filing fees and $200 health documents to be included in my form I485/I765.

That was a little shocker but i paid happily :) I am waiting to go on my interview now.

Does anyone have any idea what documents i need for the interview or what questions they ask?

Ex-wife of abusive USC. Filing VAWA

Prior Status: F1, NYC

Aug 06: Married USC (US born, raised in my country)

Apr 07: Filed I-130/I-485/I-765

May 07: RD for I-130/I-485/I-765

Jun 07: Biometrics for I-485/I-765

Aug 07: Assaulted by USC (1 out of many) - USC arrested, 2nd degree assault. Controlling USC constantly reminded me that he could have me deported at his will (emails, text msgs, voicemails saved)

Sep 07: Interview for I-485, both didn't show. USC calls & writes immigration to withdraw.

Oct - Dec 07: Orders of protection, police reports, moved out with nothing, trying to start my life over.

Dec 07: USC filed annulment saying i refuse to have kids & I married him for greencard. Contested. 1yr later, he withdrew & refilled on abandonment.

Jun 08: Filed I-360, VAWA

July 08: RD for Prima Facie Determination - 180 days

Aug 08: Criminal & Family court still on - Final Order of protection (USC pleads guilty)

Sep 08: Filed I-765 based on pending I-485

Oct 08: Biometrics for I-765

Nov 08: I-765 Denied, lawyer says it's likely they don't know about the pending VAWA case

Jan 09: RD for 2nd Prima Facie - 180 days

Apr 09: Divorce final

Oct 7, 09: I-360 approved So happy & thankful to God cos i have waited, prayed & hoped for so long.

Oct 26, 09 - Filed for I485 Adjustment of Status - paid approx $1,000 to immigration + $200 Civil surgeon fee.

Nov 21, 09 - Finger print letter received

Dec 13, 09 - Happily fingerprinted & photographed ;)

Feb 1, 10 - Employ Auth card received

Feb 3, 10 - Interview letter received

Mar 10, 10 - APPROVED!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.