MapleLeafBaby

AP & GC Question???

10 posts in this topic

Quick question:

I am in Canada for Thanksgiving. I came this morning. I came on my AP, cause even though my GC was approved, it has not arrived in the mail yet. I have a question. The AP is good, even if your GC is approved right? It's good for a year? It does not get voided as soon as your GC is approved right? I hope not, cause I had to leave before I rec'd my GC in the mail...I would hate to try and go back on Monday and have problems lol... Like them saying that my AP is now voided in the system because my GC was approved?

Sorry, very nervous lol :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Sorry, don't know that answer to your question, we haven't got that far yet. Just wanted to say hi and Happy Thanksgiving to you! I'm doing a Canadian Thanksgiving celebration here in Wisconsin. His family does a big thing for their thanksgiving in November. Take care, and have a safe trip back with hopefully no problems.

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Sorry, don't know that answer to your question, we haven't got that far yet. Just wanted to say hi and Happy Thanksgiving to you! I'm doing a Canadian Thanksgiving celebration here in Wisconsin. His family does a big thing for their thanksgiving in November. Take care, and have a safe trip back with hopefully no problems.

Thanks girl! Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I'm also celebrating my son's 6 year BDay here with my Canadian relatives (his Bday is next weekend) so it's nice for him to have the chance to have a sleep over with his cousins.

I drove from 9pm to 5am this morning and when my son woke up in the car at 4am and saw that we were close, he just about burst from excitment lol...

Actually when we were minutes from the boarder, he said he had to pee...he is already potty trained a long time ago, but I had put a big boy pull up on him, as we were driving 8 hours overnight with no easy access to a toilet and I didn't want any accidents...well he wakes up at 4am and starts saying he has to pee....so being minutes from the boarder, I say, just pee in the pull up...and he was like 'ewh mommy'...so he would not stop whining lol....I said, just close your eyes and make the sound 'psssssss' and maybe it'll come out...so I hear 'PSSSSSS....OH MOMMY I CAN'T....it doesn't want to come out!' so I had to pull off in a Timmy's lot (it was closed) made him stand on the side of the door and told him to pee....well needless to say we finally got the job done....but man what an experience! lol.... It's so hard driving those hours with a young one...I actually do it cause I love driving at night and hate driving daylight hours (I find the sun makes me tired)....the only hard part is when he falls asleep....it makes it harder to stop and take bathroom breaks for myself! When he was smaller, I would just throw him in my arms and run....maybe I should start wearing pull ups! HAHA!

wait where was I going with this again? Oh yeah, Happy Thanksgiving lol haha!

N-400 Citizenship

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks girl! Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I'm also celebrating my son's 6 year BDay here with my Canadian relatives (his Bday is next weekend) so it's nice for him to have the chance to have a sleep over with his cousins.

I drove from 9pm to 5am this morning and when my son woke up in the car at 4am and saw that we were close, he just about burst from excitment lol...

Actually when we were minutes from the boarder, he said he had to pee...he is already potty trained a long time ago, but I had put a big boy pull up on him, as we were driving 8 hours overnight with no easy access to a toilet and I didn't want any accidents...well he wakes up at 4am and starts saying he has to pee....so being minutes from the boarder, I say, just pee in the pull up...and he was like 'ewh mommy'...so he would not stop whining lol....I said, just close your eyes and make the sound 'psssssss' and maybe it'll come out...so I hear 'PSSSSSS....OH MOMMY I CAN'T....it doesn't want to come out!' so I had to pull off in a Timmy's lot (it was closed) made him stand on the side of the door and told him to pee....well needless to say we finally got the job done....but man what an experience! lol.... It's so hard driving those hours with a young one...I actually do it cause I love driving at night and hate driving daylight hours (I find the sun makes me tired)....the only hard part is when he falls asleep....it makes it harder to stop and take bathroom breaks for myself! When he was smaller, I would just throw him in my arms and run....maybe I should start wearing pull ups! HAHA!

I am laughing so hard right now at my desk :D

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

I'll attempt to answer it.

Due to miscommunications within USCIS (you thought that they had fixed that "inheritance" from INS?), you will probably be OK.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sure you'll be fine. Technically if you hadn't signed up to receive alerts about your case, you wouldn't know you were approved yet.

Worst come to worst, you stay there until you get it in the mail and then your husband Fedex's it to you.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Too FUNNY!

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You will be fine. The exact same thing happened to me. I left for Canada, got my GC approval via e-mail when I was in Canada (I was there for 2 weeks). So when I crossed back on my AP, my GC had already been issued/mailed as I got it a few days after I got home. There was no mention of it at the border, the AP was fine. I mean you don't have it, so what can you do! Have to use your AP! Obviously next time, you use your GC and the AP can go in your souvenier pile LOL.

The story about your son is too funny! I don't know how you do the drive overnight, I find it too dark I would fall asleep. I have to do that drive in daylight!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Thanks guys :))))

Yeah, leave it to us dysfunctional Greeks to find public urinals everywhere we go lol...

I love driving at night Jill! but then again, l love road trips period! I drove back from Fla 17 hours straight! i'm talking maybe 3 gas stops and some food on the run....I used to take road trips all over the US with my fam when I was a kid....it reminds me of those fun days :)

N-400 Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.