w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Vote for me because he's fat

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

It is about as subtle as a playground taunt: a television ad for Gov. Jon S. Corzine shows his challenger, Christopher J. Christie, stepping out of an S.U.V. in extreme slow motion, his extra girth moving, just as slowly, in several different directions at once.

In case viewers missed the point, a narrator snidely intones that Mr. Christie “threw his weight around” to avoid getting traffic tickets.

Mr. Corzine’s television commercials and Web videos feature unattractive images of Mr. Christie, sometimes shot from the side or backside, highlighting his heft, jowls and double chin.

Meanwhile, Mr. Corzine, 62, is conspicuously running in 5- and 10-kilometer races almost every weekend.

“There’s no subtlety there,” said Bill Baroni, a Republican state senator from Hamilton who lost 130 pounds starting 15 years ago.

Mr. Baroni said that Mr. Corzine risked a backlash from the “tens of thousands” of New Jerseyans who struggle with their weight. “It is a lifetime battle,” he said. “And it’s made harder when people that you expect better from make fun of you.”

Weight is a sensitive subject with Mr. Christie, 47, who seldom speaks publicly, even jokingly, about the subject. In an interview, he said he had struggled with his weight since he stopped playing organized sports at 18. In 1997, when he was serving as a county freeholder, he lost 40 pounds on a bet but gained it all back. The same thing happened after he dropped 50 pounds on the Atkins diet from 2002 to 2003.

He said he had become “numb” to fat jokes after so long.

“It’s one of the more difficult things I’ve had to deal with in my life,” he said. “But I don’t see how it’s relevant to my being governor. I was a really good U.S. attorney, and I was struggling with it for those seven years. It’s just part of who I am, unfortunately.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/08/nyregion/08fat.html

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being fat is a sign of lacking self control. There's no telling what other addictions the man has hiding in his closet.

If the target of these ads was a Democrat, you'd be singing a very different tune :whistle:

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Being fat is a sign of lacking self control. There's no telling what other addictions the man has hiding in his closet.

If the target of these ads was a Democrat, you'd be singing a very different tune :whistle:

Fat Democrats are just jolly people. Fat Republicans swallow a lot of their pent up anger. There's a noticeable difference.

Fat Democrats are just jolly people. Fat Republicans swallow a lot of their pent up anger. There's a noticeable difference.

:lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
Meanwhile, Mr. Corzine, 62, is conspicuously running in 5- and 10-kilometer races almost every weekend.

Mr. Baroni said that Mr. Corzine risked a backlash from the “tens of thousands” of New Jerseyans who struggle with their weight. “It is a lifetime battle,” he said. “And it’s made harder when people that you expect better from make fun of you.”

:yes:

Really, he must think voters are stupid.

:yes:

No doubt. Lack of empathy is a fatal flaw in an elected representative.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

From what I've seen of Corzine's campaign so far - its very dirty.

In a few of the ads, he's not even campaigning on his own merits, but basing the entire thing on his support of Obama.

This is on a billboard near where I live:

corzine%20obama.jpg

In a few of the ads, he's not even campaigning on his own merits, but basing the entire thing on his support of Obama.

corzine%20obama.jpg

Ha. ####### :lol: As if they're running mates. His real running mate is Weinberg.

I've seen Corzine on Bill Maher. He seems like a pretty intelligent guy, but I really don't know much about him.

He's been governor for 4 years and no one quite knows what he's actually done.

Put simply, he hasn't earned the right to a second term.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

corzine%20obama.jpg

Ha. ####### :lol: As if they're running mates. His real running mate is Weinberg.

I thought it was weird - his trying to justify re-election by suggesting that he's got Obama's back.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Guano only thinks wacky leftists are intelligent. Should I post all the photos of fat dimmies?

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2009-08-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-08-18

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-23

NVC Received : 2009-10-27

NVC Left : 2009-11-06

Consulate Received : 2009-11-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-27

Interview Date : 2009-12-16

Interview Result : APPROVED

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 66 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 120 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.