taisia

3 X-rays within a year-is it dangerous?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

we are going to file for AOS.consequently we have to go to Civil Surgeon.my husband called all CS in our area and they all require us to undergo medical examination. I dont mind to do this again (though their requirement is not too legal), but if I get x-rayed again it will be my third x-ray for this year:the last one I had before the interview for K1 in June 2009. isn't it too harmful for me to get x-rayed so often? I also wonder if it is possible to convince CS to accept my X-ray made before the imterview?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

if your medical was less then one years old, then a full medical exam is not required, alot of Civil Surgeons seems to be shady and want to earn money so they require it in order for them to sign the required USCIS forms. You can try bringing the form and instructions to show the CS and see if he is able to give you vaccine and sign the forms, if he says you HAVE too, then just google Dr.Arnold from texas, mail order CS that will fill out and sign the forms for you for about $30.00.

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: Timeline
if your medical was less then one years old, then a full medical exam is not required, alot of Civil Surgeons seems to be shady and want to earn money so they require it in order for them to sign the required USCIS forms. You can try bringing the form and instructions to show the CS and see if he is able to give you vaccine and sign the forms, if he says you HAVE too, then just google Dr.Arnold from texas, mail order CS that will fill out and sign the forms for you for about $30.00.

thank you for your reply! :thumbs: now I wonder if dr.Arnold will accept the vaccination certificate from my country? I skipped vaccination part during the medical exam before the interview as I knew it was not necessary for K1. so my DS 3025 is "incomplete". but I have vaccination records from my country in English. is it appropriate?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
we are going to file for AOS.consequently we have to go to Civil Surgeon.my husband called all CS in our area and they all require us to undergo medical examination. I dont mind to do this again (though their requirement is not too legal), but if I get x-rayed again it will be my third x-ray for this year:the last one I had before the interview for K1 in June 2009. isn't it too harmful for me to get x-rayed so often? I also wonder if it is possible to convince CS to accept my X-ray made before the imterview?

I had three x-rays yesterday and I am still typing, so I think you will be safe there. You do not need another medical exam if the one you had was less than one year ago. The CS seem to be as much as scam as attorneys in this process. What do you need? A vaccine? Get iot at your family doctor, send the documentation to the civil surgeon in Texas who will update your vaccination for $20 (I think) He is listed and discusses all over this website. Another man I know with a wife from Ukraine just did this and had no problems.

Dr arnold, that's it. I thought it was $20. Oh well, still much cheapoer than the scam artist civil surgeons.

thank you for your reply! :thumbs: now I wonder if dr.Arnold will accept the vaccination certificate from my country? I skipped vaccination part during the medical exam before the interview as I knew it was not necessary for K1. so my DS 3025 is "incomplete". but I have vaccination records from my country in English. is it appropriate?

Yes, he will accept what you have and update anything new you get from your family doctor.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
Dr arnold, that's it. I thought it was $20. Oh well, still much cheapoer than the scam artist civil surgeons.

Yes, he will accept what you have and update anything new you get from your family doctor.

Yep, we got ours done this year by Dr. Arnold and his fee was raised to 30 dollars; beats the hundreds of dollars the other scammers out there are charging.

Edited by ikarus

AOS

2009-01-12===> Sent AOS packet via UPS
2009-01-13===> AOS packet received
2009-01-28===> NOA's received in the mail
2009-02-01===> Biometric appt received in the mail
2009-02-06===> Completed biometric appt thru walk-in
2009-02-06===> Applied for expedited AP thru the phone
2009-02-14===> Received AP in the mail
2009-02-11===> Case transferred to CSC
2009-02-23===> EAD received
2009-05-02===> Green card received in the mail, no interview done.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.