mbates

Looking for same situation

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

I am currently awaiting my paperwork to be ok'ed so I can enter the United States to be with my husband. I am in Manila...so I was wondering how many people are in the same situation that I am in. My husband and I are doing K-3 and we filed in the month of September so any insights or anyone with advice or just general friendship is greatly appreciated. This can be a very trying process so I think its great to help each other out as much as possible. Thanks for your time and I hope to hear from a lot of you....

Enchiel and Michael

MARRIED JUNE 17th

Timeline

but can't you get to America faster going K-3, money is not that important right now for us...but it is imortant that we get back together as soon as possible ...We would really spend the money to see each other even 1 week sooner...but how close is it really on average have you heard or seen averages by chance...thanks for responding btw... :)

its better to go for cr1 than k3.

cr1- once you arrive here in usa and you get your green card and ssn you can immediately work...and its cheap.

MARRIED JUNE 17th

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You do what works for you *hugs* I will be your friend. I may not be in the same situation but I love new friends!

but can't you get to America faster going K-3, money is not that important right now for us...but it is imortant that we get back together as soon as possible ...We would really spend the money to see each other even 1 week sooner...but how close is it really on average have you heard or seen averages by chance...thanks for responding btw... :)

cr1- once you arrive here in usa and you get your green card and ssn you can immediately work...and its cheap.

K3 and CR1 average about 1 month apart and the CR1 is a better visa honestly

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Just a few reasons why to go with the CR-1. If you are eligible for a IR-1 then you would be nuts going with a K3!

The K3 has to adjust status which cost $1010 + $131 visas application fee.

Have to go thru the cost and hassles of getting a I-693 also.

K3 normally has to do biometrics and have a AOS interview. Time off from work cost the petitioner. PLUS the hassles of submitting the paperwork and going for the interview. Tain’t fun.. Especially if denied or questioned. Ever done a Stokes interview?

That’s the second interview if they are in doubt of your relationship.

Also a possibility of being deported. Yeah doesn’t happen much but it happens.

K3 has to wait about 90 days after they file to get EAD or GC so they can get SSN.

Can’t do a LOT of things without SSN. Like work or get a drivers license in some states.

Some K visas don’t get GC for a LONG time.

If petitioner goes belly up before you get GC you stand a chance of being deported.

If the petitioner loses his/her job after the interview you don’t have to worry about getting a co sponsor to adjust status!

CR-1 cost about $470

Get their GC and SS card in the mail within 6 weeks of arrival.

No biometrics , dealing with civil surgeons, AOS interviews, going to SSA for SS card.

I’m sure I’ve missed a few things.

Bottomline is anyone that goes with the K3 the way things are now are masochist!

Yeah I did but at that time K3s were a LOT faster. That’s not the case anymore.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

you have very good ponts definetly worth looking into...thank you....I know I may be stupid but a month is a month...but you are so right about those different interviews and stuff...but I miss her so much...wow...choices...choices...choices

Just a few reasons why to go with the CR-1. If you are eligible for a IR-1 then you would be nuts going with a K3!

The K3 has to adjust status which cost $1010 + $131 visas application fee.

Have to go thru the cost and hassles of getting a I-693 also.

K3 normally has to do biometrics and have a AOS interview. Time off from work cost the petitioner. PLUS the hassles of submitting the paperwork and going for the interview. Tain’t fun.. Especially if denied or questioned. Ever done a Stokes interview?

That’s the second interview if they are in doubt of your relationship.

Also a possibility of being deported. Yeah doesn’t happen much but it happens.

K3 has to wait about 90 days after they file to get EAD or GC so they can get SSN.

Can’t do a LOT of things without SSN. Like work or get a drivers license in some states.

Some K visas don’t get GC for a LONG time.

If petitioner goes belly up before you get GC you stand a chance of being deported.

If the petitioner loses his/her job after the interview you don’t have to worry about getting a co sponsor to adjust status!

CR-1 cost about $470

Get their GC and SS card in the mail within 6 weeks of arrival.

No biometrics , dealing with civil surgeons, AOS interviews, going to SSA for SS card.

I’m sure I’ve missed a few things.

Bottomline is anyone that goes with the K3 the way things are now are masochist!

Yeah I did but at that time K3s were a LOT faster. That’s not the case anymore.

MARRIED JUNE 17th

right now some cr1 takes faster unlike before...it really depends on your documents and how fast you process your papers...

if money is not important for you then just go visit her in the philippines and get know her more and her family...

Timeline

I agree with the above statement. A plane ticket to see each other would cost you less than this one month. I filed K3 so trust me when I say you should really look into the CR1 before you jump for love. It's just a better visa than K3 and costs less.

Edited by Rings

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Timeline

Actually I am going at chrismas for two weeks. I teach high school so I get two weeks off I have already been there two times(21 days each time over the summer) since we got married and it's been a year since we were introduced...so patience is wearing out a little bit...but we just want to get on with our new lifes here in America... I understand the pains of K-3, but to us its ok cause we are genuine so thats not the problem. But seriously if it's just as fast I'm for it..when do we have to make decision by? We just submitted our I-130 in August and then our I-129 in September so is it to late? Thanks again for all your positive remarks everyone! :)

right now some cr1 takes faster unlike before...it really depends on your documents and how fast you process your papers...

if money is not important for you then just go visit her in the philippines and get know her more and her family...

MARRIED JUNE 17th

Timeline

Thanks for friendship this process can leave one numb to the world and I am not like that at all...I told my students that they will see a different teacher in the spring when and if she gets her then they see in the fall :)

You do what works for you *hugs* I will be your friend. I may not be in the same situation but I love new friends!

MARRIED JUNE 17th

Timeline

Well according to your timeline you already filed your I-129F so really it's a waiting game since you already filed K3

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Thanks for friendship this process can leave one numb to the world and I am not like that at all...I told my students that they will see a different teacher in the spring when and if she gets her then they see in the fall :)

Hi mbates! where do you live in states? you told that you are a teacher?

May 20, 2009 - I-130 sent

Aug. 21, 2009 - I-130 APPROVED

Sept. 01, 2009 - NVC received & case# assigned

Oct. 19, 2009 - Log-in FAILED (YEPEE!!!!)

Oct. 20, 2009 - Case COMPLETE!!! (confirmed by the NVC operator)

Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview Date assign(By NVC operator)

Nov. 16-17, 2009 - Medical PASSED

Dec. 04, 2009 - INTERVIEW(APPROVED!!!)

Dec. 08, 2009 - Visa pick-up at the Embassy

Dec. 16, 2009 - CFO

Dec. 19, 2009 - My Flight - POE (JFK New York) via NWA

Thank you Lord for guiding me in this journey.

rakl65w7x.png

Timeline

yes...I am in Wyoming....so my wife will have a big shock...I tell her that all the time...yes I am a teacher been teaching for nine years. I teach Social Studies in high school...but for the fun part I'm also the head football coach and head track coach...

Hi mbates! where do you live in states? you told that you are a teacher?

MARRIED JUNE 17th

Timeline

I am in Colorado. Close to home you are *hugs*

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Timeline

I saw that on your sidebar...yes we are close...I actually taught school in colorado last year....small town on the eastern plains...but i missed the mountains too much...so im glad to be back! But my poor wife the warmest thing she probably has is a long sleeve shirt...maybe long sleeve...hehehe...so i buy her a jacket for sure!

I am in Colorado. Close to home you are *hugs*

MARRIED JUNE 17th

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.