kylejb

K2 Document question

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

If you ask for feedback, you'll get it. It's quite simple...take what you need (or want to here) and leave the rest. No sweat.

BTW, the bio father has rights and he does not need to be "dad of the year" to exercise them. You can always have a lawyer contact him and suggest he pay child support, that might stir him to sign some papers.

Yes, you are correct he has rights. Never said he didn't. Getting him to pay money has nothing to do with signing papers. He doesn't have to sign anything if he does not want to, even if he pays 500000000000000000 a month.

I understand that may MOTIVATE him into siging something, but I doubt it.

Thanks for your input.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
I am getting to the point where I wish I had never asked this question... GEESZ.

Explain to me how you can establish a RESIDENCE without living somewhere? I did ask our immigration attorney, and she stated that she believed it was fine. Now, will the Embassy see other wise? I don't know. I am not going to draw lines in the sand. There is no point in contacting the BIOLOGICAL father as I have stated, he would NOT sign anything because he is a jerk. He would purposely not do it out of spite. So it is what it is and we will go from there. Not much else I can do.

The BIOLOGICAL father does not even call him. Has nothing to do with him. He is only 3 years old. So I am not worried if he has a change of heart or this or that... Just get them hear, and TOGETHER we will address any other issues that may arise.

Kylejb: It is MUCH better to ask the question and get a bunch of different opinions. You have to sort through and figure out which ones are meaningful to you. If you talked with your lawyer and fiancée about the subject and you are doing everything you can paperwork wise, then so be it. Some of the other posters where just trying to let you know there might be issues, and how to get ready for them. No one on this fourm can tell you what will happen. And if they could, tell me the lotter numbers in a private message. :)

Best of luck to all 3 of you.

Filed: Timeline

I understand that Bluestravler, and I appreciate it. I really do. I know there could be issues. There could be MANY issues that I don't even know about. Everyone is facing the same things.

I know everyone has offered there ADVICE.. that is great. Maybe I am too sensitive.. but not sure I liked being told I was thinking with wrong head and fiancee is just looking to get out... I guess that set me off.

Sorry to anyone who I offended. It is not that. I am stressed going thru all of this also.. just as others. I just want to do all I can to make sure we have no problems.. but really when it comes down to it, there will be a decision made by a person who talks to my fiancee for 10 mins maybe about the rest of her life! So yes, when someone has that much power, somone who I will never meet, and who my fiancee probablly will never talk to again, it is hard not to be anxious. I know we are doing all we can.. but still, it is OUR lives. That is how we both feel. We are not 21 years old and well, there are 10000 fish in the sea...

Anyways, I will get off the soap box now. Sorry again if someone was offended.

Whoa Slim, That's a big assumption on your part.

Where's the assumption?

WOW! Why do people always ASSUME the worst???

Once again, where's the assumption?

not sure I liked being told I was thinking with wrong head and fiancee is just looking to get out...

No one said you were or she was.

I think I was more than clear in saying I didn't know your situation and only that you should be cognizant of the fact that she fits the profile of a scammer. However, you're the judge of that... not me!

Seems like you've "thought with the right head" so :thumbs:

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.