kasingkasing

September 2009 filers

101 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hello Everyone,

I'm glad to say my package has been sent from NVC to the embassy, in my case to Bogota.

I was reading and I haven't ready anyone suggesting to call the NVC to check the status on their file. In some cases, perhaps many cases, there is a process known as ADMINISTRTIVE PROCESSING. If you get locked into this category you can be delayed days, weeks, or even months. On average I have seen it be about 45 days.

If you have already received your NOA2 form in the mail.. don't wait, call the NVC at 1-603-334-0700.

Ask them

1) What is the status of my file?

2) Is it in Administrative processing?

If they say they have already sent it, ask them for the new case number, and when it was sent.

If they said it was sent, then you can goto the DHL website, DHL.com, and look and verify it WAS sent. They won't give you a tracking number per say but now you can type the following into the website.

Example: It was sent yesterday, October 27, 2009.

Goto DHL.com -> Track-> Track by REFERENCES

put in the following: EXP 27 OCT 2009A (note, exactly as I have put it, with spaces and all)

at this point, maybe 50 cases will pull up... look for your country of desigation, if you found it... or maybe found a couple.. at least u know u have a good shot that it was sent.

Good luck!

David.

P.s.

On monday they told me I was in Administrative Processing.... I freaked out.. by Wednesday.. they told me it was sent to the embassy. So, if you find yourself in that process.. just breath and hope for the best.

-David

Sir David

can i call to NVC? i mean either of the two can call to NVC?

i dont mind to call even its long distance for me

and what are those question they gonna ask ?

I believe either the beneficiary or the petitioner can call. First, they will ask you the case number assigned by the USCIS (which I believe if your a k1-filer is begins with EAC.... but i'm not positive thats it for every case). Next, they will ask you for the names and birthdates of both the beneficiary and the petitioner, so just have those ready to answer.

Try calling early morning, i believe you can call as early as 7:30am EST.... you'll wait like 2 minutes. If you call after 12:00pm.. you'll wait like 10-15-20 minutes from my experience.

If they tell you the file has been received, but hasn't been sent to the embassy be sure to ask why.

-David

p.s. Be sure to fill out your timeline information in the VJ time system, you can access it at the following link: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/intro.php

Sir David

i just called NVC , omg , it took few minutes coz all operators are busy , but anyway the operator that i talked so nice and very polite , i ask her what is the status of our application , she mention the date they sent forward to my country but the thing i forgot to follow up is to ask our new case number

quest : can i call again and ask to them our new case number?

and i did ask to the operator that my fiancee (petitioner) havent receive any hard copy noticed from them

hmmmmm she said dont worry anyway they have our email so they can sent to our email , would it be possible too?

another quest:

when i checked DHL as the date she told me

i found out theres one for our country

do u think that is ours documents ?

thank you- sorry if my grammar are not good same with my english

Yes.. you can call again and get the case number. I called several times in one day and got a different person each time!

Other people have said they got a hard copy of the notice from NVC, but I asked NVC about this yesterday and was told they don't send one. I have not gotten a hard copy.. so I don't know, but some people have.

On one of the days I called NVC, I was told I would get an email when it was sent to the consulate. It was sent 3 days ago, but I have not gotten an email from them either.

The one you found on DHL could be yours.. you should also look to see if there was one sent to your consulate on the day AFTER NVC told you they sent it. Some of us have found ours listed on the day after.

For example, if they told you it was mailed on 9/27 look to see if a package went to you consulate on 9/28.. that could be yours.

It's hard to tell which package is really yours.. you just have to guess.

curious on ur time line

when u called NVC u asked them when they receive ur docs from USCIS?

September 23, 2009 ----- Sent I-129F

September 28, 2009 ------ Delivered to VSC

September 29, 2009 ------ Received VSC

October 02, 2009 ------- Encashed Cheque

October 06, 2009 -------- Hard Copy NOA1

October 20, 2009 -------- NOA2 checked online status

October 22, 2009-------- NVC received

October 27,2009 -------- Hard Copy NOA2

October 26,2009 -------- NVC sent to Consulate

Nov. 25, 2009 -------- Medical schedule "PASSED"

Dec. 14, 2009 -------- Interview schedule "APPROVED"

Dec. 17, 2009 -------- VISA ON HAND------ 7:31pm air21 delivered

Dec. 28,2009 ------------------- CFO seminar -------------GOT sticker and certificate

Jan. 26,2010 ----------------------on hand my ticket ------------ FLY TO MY HONEY B........

I Purchase my ticket from WOW TRAVEL CEBU----- got my ticket at a very good price included with PTA I highly recommended with this travel agency.... the owner and staff are so nice and very good to deal with ......... proven already cause alot of customers bought a ticket from them.

heres the link http://profiles.friendster.com/112899422

and heres the email add: wowtraveltoursemall@gmail.com

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
when u called NVC u asked them when they receive ur docs from USCIS?

Yes, I asked them the day they received it and the day it was mailed out.

Edited by Jenn and Fuat

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey
07/09/08 - Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.
06/04/09 - 2nd Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

04/29/2010 - Mailed AOS Packet
07/14/2010 - AOS Approved!
07/24/2010 - Green Card in Hand!

04/26/2012 - Mailed ROC Packet
01/03/2012- ROC Approved

01/10/2013 - 10 year Green Card in Hand

04/14/2102 - Mailed N400 Packet

05/13/2013 - Biometrics
08/19/2013 - Citizenship interview

09/18/2013 - Oath Cermony.

It's finally all over! He's a citizen :)

I called the NVC this morning and they said that they received my file from USCIS on 10/28/09.

My current status is "additional processing".

Is this status normal considering they just received it 1 day ago?

I am just hoping its not the AP that everyone fears.

Thanks

Looking forward to a Happy New Year!!!

I called the NVC this morning and they said that they received my file from USCIS on 10/28/09.

Thanks

I put the wrong date. NVC received the file yesterday, 10/29/2009.

Looking forward to a Happy New Year!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thanks

Mine arrived on Friday 10/23. I called on Monday, 10/26 and was told I was in AP.. it was sent to the consulate on Tuesday, 10/27

I think they tell everyone this.. don't stress about it too much unless you are at NVC more than one week.

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey
07/09/08 - Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.
06/04/09 - 2nd Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

04/29/2010 - Mailed AOS Packet
07/14/2010 - AOS Approved!
07/24/2010 - Green Card in Hand!

04/26/2012 - Mailed ROC Packet
01/03/2012- ROC Approved

01/10/2013 - 10 year Green Card in Hand

04/14/2102 - Mailed N400 Packet

05/13/2013 - Biometrics
08/19/2013 - Citizenship interview

09/18/2013 - Oath Cermony.

It's finally all over! He's a citizen :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just dropping by to wish the September filers the best. Not that you need my wishes. VSC is FLYING these days!

"Back in the day" when I filed, they were taking about 4 months (though stating 6) to approve K1 petitions. For a few unlucky people, it took over 6 months.

Just know that no matter how long or short the K1 process takes, once your man/woman gets here, it's all good!

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

now atlast i got our new case number

for second call coz first call i forgot to ask our new case number due to much excited, ha ha ha

so far all the operator that i talked they are all nice...

Edited by kasingkasing

Dec. 28,2009 ------------------- CFO seminar -------------GOT sticker and certificate

Jan. 26,2010 ----------------------on hand my ticket ------------ FLY TO MY HONEY B........

I Purchase my ticket from WOW TRAVEL CEBU----- got my ticket at a very good price included with PTA I highly recommended with this travel agency.... the owner and staff are so nice and very good to deal with ......... proven already cause alot of customers bought a ticket from them.

so

wheres the septemberian filers now?

all are busy preparing the documents for upcoming interview?

wish all lucks ... GOD is good all the time

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly, I got an RFE. I sent in my response, (I forgot to check a box) and they received it on November 12th. It looks like most people with RFEs get their NOA2 in about a month. If I'd not missed that question box I'd have my NOA2 by now. Ugh. Alas.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Sadly, I got an RFE. I sent in my response, (I forgot to check a box) and they received it on November 12th. It looks like most people with RFEs get their NOA2 in about a month. If I'd not missed that question box I'd have my NOA2 by now. Ugh. Alas.

Dont worry buddy

i know everything will be fine

and you gonna have an APPROVAL SOON...

Have faith and believe on heavenly above

I got an email and text indicating that my account has been updated. I logged in and sure enough, NOA2! Now I have to research the next steps. From what I understand things will start moving a little faster now. HOORAY!

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.