bryonm4

Visa example form

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi, I am getting read to go to Vietnam for my wifes interview and I was wondering if anybody had an example or a link to an example for a visa. I downloaded it in PDF but I cant remember what to put in the boxes. I want to get a multiple entry one just incase we don't get our visa right away so I can travel back to VIetnam again to fly back with her. :unsure:

Thanks

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-05

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-04

Interview Date : 2008-11-06

Interview Result : Denied 2008-12-05

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Marriage : 2009-04-13

I-130 Sent : 2009-04-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-04-29

I-130 Approved : 2009-09-09

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 4 Received : 2009-11-13

Interview Date : 2009-12-23

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2010-01-07

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

By my side happy everafter 02-19-10

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

send me a PM and I will email it in the AM

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Scott,

If you don't mind, can you email it to me as well? Thanks buddy,

<CARRICK>

K1 Visa Stage
Aug 23, 2010: I-129F NOA 1
Feb 07, 2011: I-129F NOA 2
May 23, 2011: Interview. Blue Slip
Jun 20, 2011: Submit Documents: 1) Timeline, 2) 10 year residency(me), 3) 10 year residency(Thu), 4) Letter explaining how/where we met. Second Blue Slip
Feb 03, 2012: U.S. Consulate Investigators call Thu's residence. Spoke to Thu and Thu's parents
Feb 27, 2012: Received email from the U.S. Consulate that our case is finished processing. Requested to submit updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 06, 2012: Submitted updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 21, 2012: Received K1 Visa
Apr 07, 2012: Point of Entry @ LAX

Adjustment of Status Stage
Apr 23, 2012: Got married!
Apr 30, 2012: Received Social Security Card
Jun 30, 2012: Applied for AOS
Sep 22, 2012: Received Employment Authorization Card...Still waiting for 2 yr GC

May 01, 2013: Received 2yr GC

Removal of Conditions Stage

Apr 18, 2015: Will apply for 10yr GC

Timeline

will do

Edited by ScottThuy

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Will do thanks, I made a copy last time but I cannot find it now tore my house apart looking for it :( .

K-1 Visa

Event Date

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-05

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-04

Interview Date : 2008-11-06

Interview Result : Denied 2008-12-05

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Marriage : 2009-04-13

I-130 Sent : 2009-04-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-04-29

I-130 Approved : 2009-09-09

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 4 Received : 2009-11-13

Interview Date : 2009-12-23

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2010-01-07

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

By my side happy everafter 02-19-10

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

are you looking for the visa application or just a photo of the visa?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

He wanted the VN visa app form...

he got it.. :thumbs:

Timeline

I think he's looking for an example visa application form. I never filled one of those out. The travel agent always took care of it. :blush:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Sounded like the application was the goal. It's on the VN embassy website.

I have to fill out my own, don't have a staff to handle my light work like brother Jim. :whistle:

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

I have to fill out my own, don't have a staff to handle my light work like brother Jim. :whistle:

I keep using the same form just changing the dates... Its a word doc and easily changed.. I sent him a copy with the general stuff filled in he just needs to add personal info and he should be OK

Timeline

We have Vietnamese travel agents around here. They do everything. I just tell them when I want to travel. They find the best rates, book the flights (including the domestic flights on Vietnam Airlines), and I give them my passport. They fill out the visa paperwork and send it to the VN embassy in San Francisco. I come back a week later and pick up the paperwork and the passport. They don't charge anything for the extra work. It's very cool!

I use US Tours. They have offices in California and Texas, but nothing in MA - sorry! :blush:

http://www.ustoursinc.com/

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

We have Vietnamese travel agents around here. They do everything. I just tell them when I want to travel. They find the best rates, book the flights (including the domestic flights on Vietnam Airlines), and I give them my passport. They fill out the visa paperwork and send it to the VN embassy in San Francisco. I come back a week later and pick up the paperwork and the passport. They don't charge anything for the extra work. It's very cool!

I use US Tours. They have offices in California and Texas, but nothing in MA - sorry! :blush:

http://www.ustoursinc.com/

Just having a bit of fun on Monday morning. There are Viet travel agencies here too.

So far I have had no issues getting the visa paperwork turned around from the embassy in DC. It goes smoothly. Though I do feel uneasy when my passport is not where I can touch it.

I guess that I will get the multiple entry visa the next time. Seems to make sense. Now all I need is the time to be able to go. :wacko:

Timeline

The multiple entry visa is only good over a number of months--1,3, 6months, and 1 year (I don't know if they got rid of the 1 year visa yet or not...). The multiple entry visa expires at the same time your visa expires.

Also, something to think about is the cost...if you're certain you'll be entering multiple times, I'd say go for it, but if not, just go with the single entry and apply for another entry visa --it's only 25 bucks.

I paid 130 for a multiple entry 3 month visa and ended up not using it.

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

The multiple entry visa is only good over a number of months--1,3, 6months, and 1 year (I don't know if they got rid of the 1 year visa yet or not...). The multiple entry visa expires at the same time your visa expires.

Also, something to think about is the cost...if you're certain you'll be entering multiple times, I'd say go for it, but if not, just go with the single entry and apply for another entry visa --it's only 25 bucks.

I have had 5 visas to VN but I have never been able to get a multiple entry for more than 6 months for either business or tourist. If you plan to go more than once in a relatively short timeframe, the multiple entry is handy to avoid re-applying.

Timeline

I have had 5 visas to VN but I have never been able to get a multiple entry for more than 6 months for either business or tourist. If you plan to go more than once in a relatively short timeframe, the multiple entry is handy to avoid re-applying.

I tried 1 year ME and they said no.. only 6 month and that is 200$ now..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.