Kittyfang

What kind of shots will I need?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys!

I am wondering, with the new list of shots required, what kind will I need. I am a 29 year old woman (so I know I don't need the Gardasil, thank jebus, cause I do not want that thing inside me). I do have my own shot record, but it's in French. There is a mention of Sabin (I think that is for polio) and another one that I cannot remember at this very moment (something along the lines of DCT, or something like that).

These are the shots that are on USCIS' website:

* Rotavirus

* Hepatitis A

* Meningococcal

* Human papillomavirus

* Zoster

I know that I will not get Human papillomavirus vaccine, because I am 3 years too old for it. But what about the others? I tried to speak with someone at OSU, but no nurse was willing to give me details before I saw a doctor.

** I apologize, I just notice that I made a mistake and misclicked... Because this is clearly in the wrong section. :devil:

Edited by Kittyfang

Adjustment of Status

11/03/10 ------- AoS (I-130/I-485) Package mailed out (Priority Mail)

11/07/10 ------- AoS Package received and singed for

11/10/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (emails)

11/12/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (hard copies)

11/12/10 ------- Touches on I-130, I-485 and I-765

11/19/10 ------- Biometrics appointment letter received

12/06/10 ------- RFE for I-693 (I think the issue is that it was not signed. Called USCIS and will receive a letter in a few days explaining)

12/13/10 ------- Biometrics done

12/16/10 ------- EAD card in production (email)

12/20/10 ------- Received "Letter of Explanation" for RFE (Service Request to expedite my case. Called USCIS and was told to ignore that and just send in response to RFE.)

12/22/10 ------- Touch (Email for Post Decision Activity on EAD saying that a letter of approval has been mailed out)

12/24/10 ------- Received EAD in the mail

12/27/10 ------- Applied for SSN

12/31/10 ------- Received Interview letter

01/03/11 ------- Received SSN card in the mail

01/07/11 ------- Mailed out response to RFE (I-693)

01/15/11 ------- Email confirming USCIS received RFE response

01/31/11 ------- Approved!

Pre-Adjustment of Status:

2006 -------- Met Online

02/07 ------- Visited him in the U.S. for what was suppose to be a few weeks (Came in with birth certificate and health card. Health card expired a few months after)

08/07 ------- Decided to get married because we didn't want to be apart (in the U.S.)

10/10 ------- USCIS Medical Done

Hi guys!

I am wondering, with the new list of shots required, what kind will I need. I am a 29 year old woman (so I know I don't need the Gardasil, thank jebus, cause I do not want that thing inside me). I do have my own shot record, but it's in French. There is a mention of Sabin (I think that is for polio) and another one that I cannot remember at this very moment (something along the lines of DCT, or something like that).

These are the shots that are on USCIS' website:

* Rotavirus

* Hepatitis A

* Meningococcal

* Human papillomavirus

* Zoster

I know that I will not get Human papillomavirus vaccine, because I am 3 years too old for it. But what about the others? I tried to speak with someone at OSU, but no nurse was willing to give me details before I saw a doctor.

** I apologize, I just notice that I made a mistake and misclicked... Because this is clearly in the wrong section. :devil:

Depends on what country and the panel physicians in that countries recommendations. Is this for AOS or what?

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

I was looking them up, and it seems we're too old for Rotavirus, Hep A, Meningococcal and too young for Zoster.

Most of those shots seem to be newer since I dont have them and I'm only 21.

Zoster is for 60+.

According to wiki anyway.

Here's the medical page for Toronto. Should give you a good idea about what you need.

http://panelphysicians.com/Pages/Age6.htm

If you look at the other ages, you'll find Rotavirus n stuff in the youngest ages.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline
I was looking them up, and it seems we're too old for Rotavirus, Hep A, Meningococcal and too young for Zoster.

Most of those shots seem to be newer since I dont have them and I'm only 21.

Zoster is for 60+.

According to wiki anyway.

Here's the medical page for Toronto. Should give you a good idea about what you need.

http://panelphysicians.com/Pages/Age6.htm

If you look at the other ages, you'll find Rotavirus n stuff in the youngest ages.

Thx a bunch Rhiann.

I'm relieved I won't need a lot. My closest civil surgeon is 1.5 hours away. So it's already going to be a pain to go back and forth twice in 3 days. I didn't want to have to get 15 different kind of shots too... and PAY for them! :rofl:

Haole, I'm from Canada, as the flag by my name indicates. And yes, it's for AoS.

Adjustment of Status

12/06/10 ------- RFE for I-693 (I think the issue is that it was not signed. Called USCIS and will receive a letter in a few days explaining)

12/20/10 ------- Received "Letter of Explanation" for RFE (Service Request to expedite my case. Called USCIS and was told to ignore that and just send in response to RFE.)

12/22/10 ------- Touch (Email for Post Decision Activity on EAD saying that a letter of approval has been mailed out)

2006 -------- Met Online

02/07 ------- Visited him in the U.S. for what was suppose to be a few weeks (Came in with birth certificate and health card. Health card expired a few months after)

08/07 ------- Decided to get married because we didn't want to be apart (in the U.S.)

Just be super thankful you dont need Gardasil.

500 bucks for 3 shots no thanks :lol:

(I'm avoiding my first one like the plague until I HAVE to get it, haha)

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline
Just be super thankful you dont need Gardasil.

500 bucks for 3 shots no thanks :lol:

(I'm avoiding my first one like the plague until I HAVE to get it, haha)

haha I don't blame you! Plus, I've heard really bad things about it. So, I'm glad I don't have to get it!

Adjustment of Status

2006 -------- Met Online

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.