DaveTX

Post NOA2 NVC Question

6 posts in this topic

So I finally got through to the NVC and gave them my USCIS number and they had the case. They gave me my NVC case number but what is odd is that the guy said they received the case 4 days before I got NOA2. Is that normal? He said he didn't know when it would be processed or anything which isn't particularly surprising.

Doesn't surprise me - as long as they have it, that's what matters.

That's true. I just wish I knew how long before they send it out to the Bangkok embassy! My fiance is chomping at the bit ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

That's true. I just wish I knew how long before they send it out to the Bangkok embassy! My fiance is chomping at the bit ;)

Call NVC every few days. They might not know anything today, but perhaps tomorrow or the next day. I myself called every 2 or 3 days until they told me that the case was on its way to BKK.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Call NVC every few days. They might not know anything today, but perhaps tomorrow or the next day. I myself called every 2 or 3 days until they told me that the case was on its way to BKK.

I called yesterday and a woman told me it was in "Additional Processing" with no specified end date. I called today and got the same woman who told me it was sent out yesterday ;)

I think the customer service reps really only know if it's at NVC or not, or sent out or not. Anything else is hit or miss.

Either way, YEAH!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

If that was NVC that told you it was sent out yesterday, then it probably was. There were about 100 petitions shipped out of NVC on Friday, maybe more. I mean at least 100 embassies were shipped packages from NVC. Each package might contain more than one petition. Good luck.

BTW I did see some shipment to Thailand in DHL tracking website, but no way to tell whose it was, unfortunately. NVC won't tell you the tracking number, which I find ridiculous. It would save a lot of people calling repeatedly to NVC. I myself called NVC every day, sometimes twice a day, I talked to supervisor, I wrote them a registered letter, and I finally e-mailed my congressman. The day after I e-mailed my congressman, my petition was sent... a coinky-dink or no? who can say?

Edited by ladonna

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Naples, Italy

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-01

NVC Received : 2009-09-04

NVC Left : 2009-10-02

Consulate Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-07

Interview ... WAIVED? Never heard of this, but they didn't even interview him, just told him pick up his visa the next day.

Current Status: Interview ... waived ... I guess :) They just took his fingerprints and documents and told him everything was in order and he should pick up his visa tomorrow! WOW

I can't believe it's only been 7 months since we filed ... seems like an eternity!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.