sjoefl01

Infopass Results

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We had an infopass in Jacksonville on Friday. This is the second time we have been there and both times they were really nice to us (unlike New Orleans, we hate that office).

We gave them the "you are now illegal" letter and the proof they made a mistake. The lady asked us to have a seat and left to a back room for about 10 minutes. When she returned she explained what the problem was. She was obviously annoyed with the person who was adjudicating our case in Vermont. She had called them on the phone. Because we had so many problems filing the 751 in the first place our case had been added and cancelled 4 times. That part had been done properly. She explained that when they are adjudicatin the case and something like fingerprints aren't there they should have checked about 5 different software packages. She was able to find the fingerprints in about 30 seconds but Vermont had obviously kicked us out a nasty letter after having only looked in one place. It is all corrected now.

After we fioxed that we told her that our daughter had never been fingerprinted nad we really hated to drive another 12 hour round trip to New Orleans. She hooked us up so Angelica was fingerprinted there in Jacksonville. The lady was so nice.

We went to another lady that did the fingerprints. When she finished she came and explained to us that we will probably get another letter telling us to come for prints. She warned us not to call the 800 number. They would tell us that we had to come for the prints and when we got there the office would tell us that the trip was a waste of time. She showed us 3 numbers on the form to check. If they agree just ignore the letter.

I am fairly sure we will get cars in the mail pretty soon. Both times we have gone to the Jax office we have had a good experience beginning with the guard. Even he is really nice. When the cars come I am going to write a letter to our Senator explaining how abnormally professional andcourteous the people in that particular office are.

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Sorry to know that you had a rough and tough I-751 journey. I am so happy to read this post that things are finally getting straightened out. I wish you all the best and may your wife and kid's greencards will arrive soon. Hang in there...

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.