tokinho

n400 interview experience in Los Angeles

7 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

I just came back from my interview and everything went very well. The appointment was at 9:15, but they didn't call me till 9:50. Even though We live only 10 min away, I left home one hour before, I just didnt want to take risks and get stuck on the 101 freeway. It took us less then 10 min to get there so we had lots of time. We parked across from the building, kind of a rip off, but that's ok. We sat in the car and my wife asked me all the civics question one more time, I got all of them right. At 8:45 we passed through security, it was fast, then we took the elevator to the 6th floor. At 9:45, even though the room was not packed, it seemed that the officers were running behind. One officer and another guy pulling a cart with 9 files on it showed up and he said that he would call out some names and that these people should follow the other guy, they would go to another room where there would be more officers available. As I had been waiting for one hour I thought that I would be among the people he would call, but I wasnt. I paid close attention to each office as they walked out of the door, calling people's names, some seemed nice, with a smile on their faces, others looked very serious. Five minutes later Mr Scott called my name, He was a white american (most of the officers were "foreigners"), early 30's, very serious looking, but I didn't get intimidated. I folllowed him to his room, kind of far from the waiting room, he didn't say a word as we walked...

The interview started, he didnt ask me any question about my marriage or my wife. As we went through the n400 form,he asked me only two questions:

1) Do you still work at...?

2) Do you have any paper that shows you and your wife reside in the same address?

I answered yes to the first question, and to the second I said that I already had submitted all evidence. He said that he didnt have anything for 2009. I told him that I had added stuff from 2009 as well, but anyways, just in case I had brought with me evidence from 2006,2007,2008 and 2009). He had lots to choose from, so he picked a bank stament (joint account) and a cable bill (her name only) and made some copies.

Also he wanted me to confirm that I had traveled 5 times out of the States, but he didnt ask me anything about these trips.

The civics test starts, the questions were very, very easy, sorry I just remember 2 of them: "Where's the statue of LIberty" and "name 2 american holydays"

I had to write " The president lives in the White House" and read "Washington DC is the capital of the United States"

Then he said I had passed and that he would recommend my approval. I thanked him 2x, and I said I was very happy.

He was very professional, the interview lasted less than 15 minutes. I was calm the whole time.

I can say that my experience with the immigrations was smooth and fast, have no complaints at all, everything was fast, 2year green card, 10 year gc and now the n400.

My timeline:

sent n400 06/30

received 07/02

noa 07/09

bio 07/30

interview 9/24

I'm a full time student and work part time, always so busy and with very little time left, so I never participate in the disscussion, but I had to share my experience with you guys.

I might get the oath letter in 1 or two months.

I wish you all the best, especially for the ones who havent had their interview yet. Think positive, and for sure everything is gonna be all right.

Congrats!! :thumbs::dance:

Hi everybody,

I just came back from my interview and everything went very well. The appointment was at 9:15, but they didn't call me till 9:50. Even though We live only 10 min away, I left home one hour before, I just didnt want to take risks and get stuck on the 101 freeway. It took us less then 10 min to get there so we had lots of time. We parked across from the building, kind of a rip off, but that's ok. We sat in the car and my wife asked me all the civics question one more time, I got all of them right. At 8:45 we passed through security, it was fast, then we took the elevator to the 6th floor. At 9:45, even though the room was not packed, it seemed that the officers were running behind. One officer and another guy pulling a cart with 9 files on it showed up and he said that he would call out some names and that these people should follow the other guy, they would go to another room where there would be more officers available. As I had been waiting for one hour I thought that I would be among the people he would call, but I wasnt. I paid close attention to each office as they walked out of the door, calling people's names, some seemed nice, with a smile on their faces, others looked very serious. Five minutes later Mr Scott called my name, He was a white american (most of the officers were "foreigners"), early 30's, very serious looking, but I didn't get intimidated. I folllowed him to his room, kind of far from the waiting room, he didn't say a word as we walked...

The interview started, he didnt ask me any question about my marriage or my wife. As we went through the n400 form,he asked me only two questions:

2) Do you have any paper that shows you and your wife reside in the same address?

I answered yes to the first question, and to the second I said that I already had submitted all evidence. He said that he didnt have anything for 2009. I told him that I had added stuff from 2009 as well, but anyways, just in case I had brought with me evidence from 2006,2007,2008 and 2009). He had lots to choose from, so he picked a bank stament (joint account) and a cable bill (her name only) and made some copies.

Also he wanted me to confirm that I had traveled 5 times out of the States, but he didnt ask me anything about these trips.

The civics test starts, the questions were very, very easy, sorry I just remember 2 of them: "Where's the statue of LIberty" and "name 2 american holydays"

I had to write " The president lives in the White House" and read "Washington DC is the capital of the United States"

Then he said I had passed and that he would recommend my approval. I thanked him 2x, and I said I was very happy.

He was very professional, the interview lasted less than 15 minutes. I was calm the whole time.

I can say that my experience with the immigrations was smooth and fast, have no complaints at all, everything was fast, 2year green card, 10 year gc and now the n400.

My timeline:

sent n400 06/30

received 07/02

noa 07/09

bio 07/30

interview 9/24

I'm a full time student and work part time, always so busy and with very little time left, so I never participate in the disscussion, but I had to share my experience with you guys.

I wish you all the best, especially for the ones who havent had their interview yet. Think positive, and for sure everything is gonna be all right.

07-13-06 - K1/K2 AOS/EAD sent

11-04-06 - 2 NOA's transfer to CSC

11-17-06 - "K1 APPROVED AOS" no interview

11-27-06 - "K1 - GREENCARD" rcvd.

01-23-07 - K2 GREENCARD rcvd.

08-20-08 - I-751 sent to Texas Service Center, transfer to VSC

08-26-08 - I-751 NOA1 & 1yr. Extension letter

09-18-08 - I-751 NOA2 - Biometrics Appointment Notice

03-11-09 - I-751 transfer from VSC to CSC!

05-13-09 - I-751 APPROVED

06-24-09 - card production ordered

08-20-09 - N400 - Citizenship Application

08-24-09 - NOA notice date

08-28-09 - NOA in mailbox

09-10-09 - email asking for more evidence

09-14-09 - Biometrics NOA date

09-18-09 - Biometrics Letter arrived in mailbox

10-09-09 - Biometrics Schedule

10-14-09 - Notice date of the yellow letter

10-30-09 - touched online for "testing & interview"

11-03-09 - IL received in mailbox

12-07-09 - "PASSED" Interview & it's my Hubby Bday too!

04-17-10 - Oath letter received in mailbox

05-14-10 - Judicial Oath atlast! in Atl

110 days - Application to Interview

158 days - Interview to Judicial Oath

268 days - Total processing days for my N400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Congrats :thumbs: , and thanks for sharing.

I-751 Process

05/01/08 Sent I-751 Package to TSC

05/07/08 Checks Cashed

05/15/08 CRI89 transferred to VSC

05/21/08 NOA Date

05/28/08 Biometrics

12/24/08 The Application transferred to the USCIS Memphis Sub Office

01/22/09 Contact USCIS about the case

04/08/09 Got email about Card Production Ordered

04/11/09 Received Approval Letter by Mail

04/16/09 Received 10 years Green Card

Naturalization

08/10/09 Sent N-400 package

08/13/09 Check cashed

08/17/09 Received NOA

08/29/09 Received Biometric appointment Letter

09/04/09 Biometric

09/21/09 Received Interview Letter

11/06/09 Interview

12/17/09 Oath Ceremony

Passport Processing

03/10/10 Applied US Passport (Normal)

03/25/10 Received US Passport

03/27/10 Received Naturalization Certificate

Congratulations! :dance::dance:

threemonths09.jpg?t=1272087150Princess-Threemonthsold007-2.jpg?t=1271837591threemonths01-1.jpg?t=1272086957

Our Princess have her first tooth at five months of age.

fEdIm5.png?J2iWLNZY

I-130 (IR-5) Petitions for my Mom and Dad

*06-08-2010---Petition will send on this date???

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Tokinho,

Congratulations on passing your citizenship interview and thanks for sharing about your experience here on VJ.

Good luck with the rest of your immigration journey and studies too, especially with the oath coming up for you hopefully soon after you get your oath letter.

Ant

Hi everybody,

My timeline:

sent n400 06/30

received 07/02

noa 07/09

bio 07/30

interview 9/24

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.