Stephen + Elisha

Tracking NVC packages to embassies

12 posts in this topic

I've noticed that there is conflicting info here on VJ regarding how to track petitions shipped via DHL from NVC to the consulate.

In this post on the General K1 Guides and Info thread (pinned in the K-1 Process and Procedures forum), it suggests using "CORRESPONDENCE" as the shipment reference (and 03801 as the Origin Postal Code) on the DHL Track by Reference page. But on some of the NVC guides, I've read that the reference is "EXP 21 SEP 2009A," where the date is generally one day before NVC says the case left their facility.

In checking the DHL page, it appears that NVC uses both: both references return results from the U.S. Department of State to various embassy and consulate cities worldwide.

Is it possible that the EXP reference is for IR-1/CR-1 packages, while CORRESPONDENCE is used on K-1s? Could it be a matter of different mail clerks using different references? Does anyone have any idea at all what the difference is (if any)? :D

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

oh wow - i have also seen on here in another thread it is put as EXP22SEP2009A ( as an ex ) and everyone saying this also worked - but i could never get this to work - only the one with the spaces. But did notice the weights were all 1 lbs ( as when i was checking for Paris Heart's 15 pounder) I had not seen the "CORRESPONDENCE" thread - so throws whole new hmm into it

Event Date
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bucharest, Romania
I-129F Sent : 2009-04-21
I-129F Received: 2009-04-23
Check Cashed: 2009-04-27
I-129F NOA1 : 2009-04-28
I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-26 !!!!!!! biggrin.png
NVC Received : 2009-08-28
NVC Left: 2009-09-30 FINALLY AP SUCKS
Consulate Received :2009-10-01
Packet 3 Received :2009-10-01
Packet 3 Sent :2009-10-06
Medical: 2009-10-19
Interview Date :2009-10-21
Visa Received :2009-10-21
US Entry :2009-10-26
Marriage :12/12/2009 biggrin.png
AOS Mailed UPS: 01/18/2010
AOS Package Received: 01/19/2010
I-485 Approval: 01/28/2011
I-751 Sent: 01/15/2013
I-751 Received: 01/16/2013
ROC:
01/14/2013 I-751 package sent.
01/15/2013 package received.
01/16/2013 check cashed.
06/07/2013 RFE - More evidence

09/12/2013 RFE Returned with full 4 years of Evidence packet

12/02/2012 - Received Approval letter !!

​12-12-2013 - 4 year anniversary smile.png

event.png

I've noticed that there is conflicting info here on VJ regarding how to track petitions shipped via DHL from NVC to the consulate.

In this post on the General K1 Guides and Info thread (pinned in the K-1 Process and Procedures forum), it suggests using "CORRESPONDENCE" as the shipment reference (and 03801 as the Origin Postal Code) on the DHL Track by Reference page. But on some of the NVC guides, I've read that the reference is "EXP 21 SEP 2009A," where the date is generally one day before NVC says the case left their facility.

In checking the DHL page, it appears that NVC uses both: both references return results from the U.S. Department of State to various embassy and consulate cities worldwide.

Is it possible that the EXP reference is for IR-1/CR-1 packages, while CORRESPONDENCE is used on K-1s? Could it be a matter of different mail clerks using different references? Does anyone have any idea at all what the difference is (if any)? :D

If that is the case, that was NOT my Paris packet, my CR1 weights about 15 pounds!!!! I pray it was my K3

I think it is different clerks, or maybe certain embassy get it sent one way, and the rest another way?

oh wow - i have also seen on here in another thread it is put as EXP22SEP2009A ( as an ex ) and everyone saying this also worked - but i could never get this to work - only the one with the spaces. But did notice the weights were all 1 lbs ( as when i was checking for Paris Heart's 15 pounder) I had not seen the "CORRESPONDENCE" thread - so throws whole new hmm into it

Yeap a big HMMMM to that one Texas Bunny ears!!!!! LOL

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

If that is the case, that was NOT my Paris packet, my CR1 weights about 15 pounds!!!! I pray it was my K3

I think it is different clerks, or maybe certain embassy get it sent one way, and the rest another way?

I don't think it's that, because I've seen both "EXP" and "CORRESPONDENCE" packages going to the same embassy. To take ours as an example, there's a CORRESPONDENCE to Seoul that was shipped on 9/22 (the day NVC said our case was sent), and an EXP 22 SEP 2009A to Seoul shipped on 9/23.

Things that make you go hmmm....

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

I don't think it's that, because I've seen both "EXP" and "CORRESPONDENCE" packages going to the same embassy. To take ours as an example, there's a CORRESPONDENCE to Seoul that was shipped on 9/22 (the day NVC said our case was sent), and an EXP 22 SEP 2009A to Seoul shipped on 9/23.

Did the DHL tracking number match? I tried to check "CORRESPONDENCE" and did not see one to Paris "with my I think was my Paris package" yesterday at all. My EXP tracking number was 9211354806

Truly happy!!!

Did the DHL tracking number match? I tried to check "CORRESPONDENCE" and did not see one to Paris "with my I think was my Paris package" yesterday at all. My EXP tracking number was 9211354806

I checked now EXP 24 Sep 2009A and there is another Paris packet, did not see one to Korea or Romania.

FYI: Both Corr. and Exp packets weighed 1 and 2 pounds

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

I checked now EXP 24 Sep 2009A and there is another Paris packet, did not see one to Korea or Romania.

FYI: Both Corr. and Exp packets weighed 1 and 2 pounds

OR could be something totally else.. like the top secret ap files = "CORRESPONDENCE" and the exp = the ones that fly though the NVC ??

Event Date
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bucharest, Romania
I-129F Sent : 2009-04-21
I-129F Received: 2009-04-23
Check Cashed: 2009-04-27
I-129F NOA1 : 2009-04-28
I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-26 !!!!!!! biggrin.png
NVC Received : 2009-08-28
NVC Left: 2009-09-30 FINALLY AP SUCKS
Consulate Received :2009-10-01
Packet 3 Received :2009-10-01
Packet 3 Sent :2009-10-06
Medical: 2009-10-19
Interview Date :2009-10-21
Visa Received :2009-10-21
US Entry :2009-10-26
Marriage :12/12/2009 biggrin.png
AOS Mailed UPS: 01/18/2010
AOS Package Received: 01/19/2010
I-485 Approval: 01/28/2011
I-751 Sent: 01/15/2013
I-751 Received: 01/16/2013
ROC:
01/14/2013 I-751 package sent.
01/15/2013 package received.
01/16/2013 check cashed.
06/07/2013 RFE - More evidence

09/12/2013 RFE Returned with full 4 years of Evidence packet

12/02/2012 - Received Approval letter !!

​12-12-2013 - 4 year anniversary smile.png

event.png

No, they were shipped one day apart and had different tracking numbers. The 9/22 shipment was 2 pounds, the 9/23 was 4 pounds. 2 pounds would be closer to the weight of our I-129F package. On the other hand, I've heard they will combine files for the same embassy into a single shipment to save money, so ours could be in the 4 lb. 9/23 package.

Obviously, I hope the 9/22 was ours—the sooner the better!

No, they were shipped one day apart and had different tracking numbers. The 9/22 shipment was 2 pounds, the 9/23 was 4 pounds. 2 pounds would be closer to the weight of our I-129F package. On the other hand, I've heard they will combine files for the same embassy into a single shipment to save money, so ours could be in the 4 lb. 9/23 package.

Obviously, I hope the 9/22 was ours—the sooner the better!

Lets throw in the towel on this one, we will never figure them out, LOL. Best wishes for the rest of your journey, and please keep in touch.

Truly happy!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am happy that I see a VN packet for every day this week, but I have to think that sending a packet to the same place every day of the week is not the most efficient way to do things...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline

Im a bit confused, so is it possible to track your shipment to the embassy?

When I asked NVC they said it is in no way possible

I am happy that I see a VN packet for every day this week, but I have to think that sending a packet to the same place every day of the week is not the most efficient way to do things...

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-16

NVC Received : 2009-09-22

Consulate Received : 2009-09-28

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Im a bit confused, so is it possible to track your shipment to the embassy?

When I asked NVC they said it is in no way possible

It usually can be tracked, but one cant be sure if it is actually yours... Take the date that it left NVC and do a search including that day and the day after using the info above. Then look for parcels going to your consulate. Your info is likely in one of those packets... and if there is only 1.. that is really likely it... That will give you an idea as to when the consulate gets it and when you can start contacting the consulate if needed.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.