GD21

SS Card

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OK so we decided we'll go get the card before we get married. Do they give it to you at the SS office, I can't tell from all the posts here, then mail you a card? If it's mailed how long does that take? Do I need the card for the marriage app? I'm getting married in Texas and the online license form doesn't seem to require SS#.

Filed: Timeline
OK so we decided we'll go get the card before we get married. Do they give it to you at the SS office, I can't tell from all the posts here, then mail you a card? If it's mailed how long does that take?

No, all SSN cards are mailed from SSA Headquaters. Once the application has been cleared, the SSN record is normally established the next day and you should receive the card in the mail within 14 days of the date the SSN record is established. If you need the number and don't want to wait for the card, you can go back to the SSA office to obtain the number once the SSN record has been established.

My fiancée received her Social Security card in the mail about 10 days after she applied for it. She did not need a SSN to get married here in the state of Washington.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.