lery

next step after noa2

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

good day!! after 3 months of waiting, my fiance already received our NOA 2. 2 days ago, i got a mail from the US embassy- manila stating that i can already call the visa information service to schedule my interview.. my questions are:

1. do i have to attend certain seminars before the interview? (my friend who applied for a k3 visa told me to get the seminars before i would be scheduled for an interview)

2. when shall we pass the affidavit of support?

3. what documents shall i need for the interview?

if ever possible, can somebody help me with the questions, what are frequently asked? thank you so much in advance for all the help.. all responses will be very much appreciated.. godbless!!!

good day!! after 3 months of waiting, my fiance already received our NOA 2. 2 days ago, i got a mail from the US embassy- manila stating that i can already call the visa information service to schedule my interview.. my questions are:

1. do i have to attend certain seminars before the interview? (my friend who applied for a k3 visa told me to get the seminars before i would be scheduled for an interview)

You didn't say which visa you are applying for, K1 or K3.

Iif you are applying for K1, you have to go to the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) after you receive your visa to attend the seminars there before you leave and get the CFO sticker.

If you are applying for K3 and you wish to change your passport to your married name, you have to secure a green and a blue certificate from SMEF-COW or PRISM.....you receive these certificate after attending the seminar. After you get your K3 visa, you go to them to get your CFO sticker.

2. when shall we pass the affidavit of support?

You bring it with you to the interview at the Embassy, along with the supporting documents. It is not submitted in advance.

3. what documents shall i need for the interview?

You can download the list form the US Embassy Manila webiste. The link should be on that letter that you received from the US Embassy: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3238.html

if ever possible, can somebody help me with the questions, what are frequently asked? thank you so much in advance for all the help.. all responses will be very much appreciated.. godbless!!!

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

ooops!! yeah i forgot to mention.. we applied for a k1 visa. in case of a co-sponsor, are there other supporting documents that we need aside from the i-134?in having a co-sponsor, does it mean that we are given less priority to get our visa granted?

The co-sponsor needs to submit the same supporting documents as your fiance does on his I-134. Having a co-sponsor does not give you less priority. Is your co-sponsor directly related to your USC fiance?

ooops!! yeah i forgot to mention.. we applied for a k1 visa. in case of a co-sponsor, are there other supporting documents that we need aside from the i-134?in having a co-sponsor, does it mean that we are given less priority to get our visa granted?

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Your co-sponsor also has to fill out an I-134 and provide supporting documents for it.

You may want to ask the other VJ members about using a co-sponsor who is not a parent of the fiance. I am not entirely sure if she would be a viable co-sponsor.

yes.. our co sponsor is my fiance's aunt.. so i suppose she has a different form to fill out?

N-400 Timeline

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Your co-sponsor also has to fill out an I-134 and provide supporting documents for it.

You may want to ask the other VJ members about using a co-sponsor who is not a parent of the fiance. I am not entirely sure if she would be a viable co-sponsor.

yes.. our co sponsor is my fiance's aunt.. so i suppose she has a different form to fill out?

she's acceptable for as long as she meets the financial reqs:

Some tips on the affidavit of support

If you need more than one affidavit, fill out the entire form but leave the signature blank, then sign each copy and

the original. It states in the directions

that you can do this.

Not having adequate income will not usually be a problem if you have a co-sponsor, according to experiences

posted on the newsgroup, as long as the co-sponsor has adequate income/assets.

Be aware that the co-sponsor must have enough income/assets for both your fiance, any fiance children that will

be immigrating, and his/her own household. However, that IF the US fiance has been on welfare or other

government benefits for a lifetime or has no plans to work actively, the consulate can still deny the visa based on

the likelihood that the foreign fiance will become a public charge. Just having a co-sponsor may not be sufficient.

An actual case has been documented wherein a fiance visa was denied because the petitioning fiance was on

government benefits and would not be working, even though the US fiance had two co-sponsors.

When assets are used, the assets must equal 5 times the difference between the annual income and the

needed 125% of the poverty level, this is because the affidavit is in effect for 5 years. For instance, if you

needed $15,500 income and had an annual income of $13,500, you would need an extra $2,000 of assets for 5

years, or a total of $10,000 in assets in addition to your income. In general, if you are deficient on yearly income

for sponsorship and your assets are somewhat borderline, do not take chances--have a co-sponsor. If you do not

have a job or a steady income from other sources (such as retirement income), you will likely have to get a

co-sponsor for your spouse, even if your assets are adequate. The USCIS looks VERY CLOSELY at current income

and not just the assets.

While there are no specific income requirements listed in the I-134 form directions, you will be judged by the

same criteria as the I-864 form requirements when they are issueing the visa at the foreign US consulate, so

provide financial information for the I-134 with those guidelines in mind.

Basically, your employer letter should state "To whom it may concern: (first name,last name) has been employed

full-time with the XYZ Company since 200_ as a (name of your job), and is an employee in good standing with an

annual salary of $XXXX. Signed, John Doe, Supervisor (or whatever title)" The letter should be on company

letterhead.

Some foreign U.S. consulates require a 2nd affidavit of support which is called "sponsor's financial responsibility

under the social security act." It is a simple form and easily filled out and signed. The Hong Kong consulate does

require this form, as does the Sydney (Australia) consulate.

The foreign fiance's income can NOT be counted on either affidavit (except when the foreign fiance has been

living with the fiance, married, and in the US for six months), however the foreign fiance's assets CAN be used if

they are readily convertible into cash. The USCIS is concerned ONLY about the US fiance's income/assets. (Note

that in other situations the foreign spouse's income MAY be counted on I-864 affidavit, such as foreigner in U.S.

on work or student visa who marries and then files for adjustment of status. IF the foreign spouse has LIVED IN

THE HOUSEHOLD of the U.S. spouse for at least 6 months, then his/her income CAN be counted. There are

NO situations involving fiance visa in which foreign spouse's income can be counted, as far as I know, when

interviewing for the fiance visa or when filing adjustment of status within 6 months of arrival in the US.)

The US fiance is ALWAYS the primary sponsor, but may have a co-sponsor. If there is a co-sponsor, both the

US fiance and the co-sponsor will EACH have to fill out the affidavit I-134 or I-864 and EACH will have to provide

supporting documentation.

NOTE: I-864 SPONSOR MOVES: FOR the I-864: If the sponsor or co-sponsor moves, the USCIS should be

notified within 30 days via an I-865 form.

as for the CFO seminar, yes you can already attend that but since you don't have your visa yet, instead of getting the sticker and certificate on the same day, you get it when you come back and present your passport/visa

docs needed for your interview, aside from the 1-134 are these:

A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one).

2. Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy.

3. Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F).

4. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is signed, with all required supporting evidence. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all.

5. You will likely need at a minimum (for the above form) two to three of your most recent pay stubs and a signed letter from your employer listing you job title, start date, your salary, and the status (full-time) of your position. Begin collecting these ASAP after your NOA2 arrives. You will also probably want to include other evidence such as your banking information and other assets as required by the I-134. Specifically you will need at least 2 of the 4 options mentioned in Section II-Supporting Evidence of the I-134. See this FAQ for more tips and ueful information on the Affidavit of Support Form.

6. A copy of the NOA2 that you received in the mail.

7. Proof of your ongoing relationship. This needs to be taken to the interview! Include photos, travel documents, emails, etc from between the time you filed and present (NOA1 date-now).

Examples: Copies of phone bills, cell phone bills, emails (you can edit personal info with a marker), letters (edit personal info also), stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

..plus the visa application forms 156, 157

...and receipt of visa application payment

I-129F, AOS, ROC

02-11-2008 Sent out I -129F in mail

02-13-2008 NOA 1

03-14-2008 NOA 2

04-07-2008 Medical exam passed

04-25-2008 Interview, visa aproved, no RFEs!

04-25-2008 Waiting for DELBROS/NSO

05-07-2008 Visa on hand ! Wow, less than 3 months! Thank you Lord!

05-26-2008 POE Detroit, no problems, thank God!

07-01-2008 Married 07-01-08, civil, just us w/ his parents

07-16-2008 Mailed out AOS package

07-19-2008 wedding ceremony

08-19-2008 biometrics appointment

08-25-2008 i-485 touched

09-23-2008 i-485 touched

09-30-2008 i-131 approval notice THANK YOU LORD!!!!

10-04-2008 Received my EAD

10-06-2008 Received my AP...yehey, i can go back to Phil for xmas!

11-14-2008 DMV driving test-passed! thank you Lord!

11-18-2008 Received RI driver's license

11-30-2008 Went home to PHILs for the holidays

12-21-2008 Church wedding!

01-08-2009 AOS Approved! thank you Lord! no interview required!

01-16-2009 Received GC in mail

09-02-2010 Sent out application for ROC

09-08-2010 Received NOA1

09-10-2010 Received Biometrics Notice

10-06-2010 Biometrics

12-06-2010 Approved! Thank you Lord God!

12-11-2010 Received NOA2 and 10-yr GC in the mail =)

N-400

10-03-2011 Sent N-400

10-07-2011 NOA1 date

10-25-2011 Biometrics

12-02-2011 Civics Test/Interview (passed)

04-09-2012 Oathtaking (got my little USA flag and souvenir photo!)

Matthew at 1yr

DSCF6924-2.jpg[/img]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.