keithNvaleria

Unemployment Compensation Revisited

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hey Friends: I did a search and the last posts on this issue are a couple months back. What with the economy tumbling further and more job losses, I am thinking that others here have either similar concerns or more recent experience. In my case, I lost my job of over 30 years (delivering luxury yachts) back in October 2008. Folks who purchased our product are now either shamed out of buying or banks will/can not make loans. My company went from 900+ employees, down to about 20, just in the last year alone. In my case, I am receiving Unemployment Comp and also filed for an annuity that has an acelerated payment option until I turn 62 next May. The 2 incomes combined comfortably exceed 125% of the poverty level for a family of 5 ( fiance, me, her 2 kids from before and our infant son ). Next May, assuming I take Social Security, my and our (US Citizen)infants' income from Social Security and the annuity will still exceed 125% and we should be fine. In addition, I have a 401K and savings as a cushion, which could be a bridge, adequate until next May, in the event that U/C is either frowned on or disallowed. I have substantial home equity and thus an open home equity credit line at my bank. I will not have an employment letter and instead, am thinking I will prepare a financial income statement for my current income situation and then project forward to next May when SS kicks in. Last but not least, I have a home appraisel, but it is from 8 years ago. We are about ready to go for the interview and yet, I am worried. I am thinking of getting a fresh home appraisal just to have that as a backup. Sorry for the long diatribe, but I have butterflies. As a kicker; I am 61 and she is 32. Our relationship has endured for over 5 years and yet I worry about the age issue.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hey Friends: I did a search and the last posts on this issue are a couple months back. What with the economy tumbling further and more job losses, I am thinking that others here have either similar concerns or more recent experience. In my case, I lost my job of over 30 years (delivering luxury yachts) back in October 2008. Folks who purchased our product are now either shamed out of buying or banks will/can not make loans. My company went from 900+ employees, down to about 20, just in the last year alone. In my case, I am receiving Unemployment Comp and also filed for an annuity that has an acelerated payment option until I turn 62 next May. The 2 incomes combined comfortably exceed 125% of the poverty level for a family of 5 ( fiance, me, her 2 kids from before and our infant son ). Next May, assuming I take Social Security, my and our (US Citizen)infants' income from Social Security and the annuity will still exceed 125% and we should be fine. In addition, I have a 401K and savings as a cushion, which could be a bridge, adequate until next May, in the event that U/C is either frowned on or disallowed. I have substantial home equity and thus an open home equity credit line at my bank. I will not have an employment letter and instead, am thinking I will prepare a financial income statement for my current income situation and then project forward to next May when SS kicks in. Last but not least, I have a home appraisel, but it is from 8 years ago. We are about ready to go for the interview and yet, I am worried. I am thinking of getting a fresh home appraisal just to have that as a backup. Sorry for the long diatribe, but I have butterflies. As a kicker; I am 61 and she is 32. Our relationship has endured for over 5 years and yet I worry about the age issue.

What do you worry about the age issue for. Sounds like she is old enough to make up her own mind. I KNOW you are. :)

Sounds like you also have ehoungh assets to over your asset. The problem with unemployemnt income is not that it doesn't "qualify", it definitely DOES, but that it has no permanency. If you can show other income and assets on top of it, then you should be fine.

Another option is to start a company, right now would be a good time. Done? Good. Now you are "self employed" and your current annual income is what you have made so far this year PLUS what you can reasonably expect to make the rest of the year with your company. Verify it with a bank letter showing you deposits and your former employment check stubs. Sounds like you are a "driver" and could make money driving soemthing for someone somewhere, deliverying pizzas if not yachts. Of course this rules out collecting unemployment but just saying. Anyone can make their own sole proprietorship business in the blink of an eye. I would suggest doing it BEFORE you fill out the I-134. Only need to fill out the schedule C with your next tax return.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

moving to:

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

You are almost there and now you have to deal with the embassy. This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

• 2 weeks later...

HERE'S SOMEONE WITH GUTS

This man should be appointed King of the World. Truer words have never been spoken.

This should be a world wide rule. If you want to move to any country and become part of that country...WELCOME, But if want to change anything in that new country you wish to live in ..GOODBYE

It took a lot of courage for this man to speak what he had to say for the world to hear. The retribution could be phenomenal, but at least he was willing to take a stand on his and Australia's beliefs. Yes, allow those that want to come, to come. But understand that if you want to go to a country not of your birth, you should expect to live by their rules and respect their ways of life. This doesn't mean you have to give up yours. I think he explains it very well.

The whole world needs a leader like this!

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Rudd angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Gone but not Forgotten!

Instead of waiting for a hope and prayer, start preparing in case Unemployment gives you problems. Get an professional appraisal of your home and a mortgage statement showing your balance. Get documentation of your 401k $$ and information about any penalties if you were to withdraw the funds so you can show amount of equity in the fund. Get a letter from your bank about your savings account, current balance when it was opened and any deposits you might have made in past year. Also get any documentation of your future SS payments you will be receiving in May of next year if you so decide to exercise your right to these payments. Get information about the annuity also, you must document everything.

Good Luck to you

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

What do you worry about the age issue for. Sounds like she is old enough to make up her own mind. I KNOW you are. :)

Sounds like you also have ehoungh assets to over your asset. The problem with unemployemnt income is not that it doesn't "qualify", it definitely DOES, but that it has no permanency. If you can show other income and assets on top of it, then you should be fine.

Another option is to start a company, right now would be a good time. Done? Good. Now you are "self employed" and your current annual income is what you have made so far this year PLUS what you can reasonably expect to make the rest of the year with your company. Verify it with a bank letter showing you deposits and your former employment check stubs. Sounds like you are a "driver" and could make money driving soemthing for someone somewhere, deliverying pizzas if not yachts. Of course this rules out collecting unemployment but just saying. Anyone can make their own sole proprietorship business in the blink of an eye. I would suggest doing it BEFORE you fill out the I-134. Only need to fill out the schedule C with your next tax return.

At most consulates )and definately later on for adjustment of status and the I864), the self-employed must produce three years of income tax returns in order to substantiate income

A new business owner would have a difficult time proving consistency of income.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.