workin4somethin

Moscow bound, soon!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I’m planning to fly to Moscow, departing the USA some time between August 8th and 16th. And I’m anxious to go! :dance:

Anybody traveling during August? Maybe we can chat, in transit…

Also, if anybody needs drugs or a large amount of currency taken over there, just let me know…

Actually, I’m not serious about the drugs. :P

from Andrew

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I’m planning to fly to Moscow, departing the USA some time between August 8th and 16th. And I’m anxious to go! :dance:

Also, if anybody needs drugs or a large amount of currency taken over there, just let me know…

I am travelling back from Europe on the 6th, so I'll miss you, but best of luck !!! Hope you have a great time !!!

P.S. I do not need drugs and currency taken to Moscow, but if you bring some back for me that would be swell !!

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Timeline

Have fun and enjoy your trip!

Eva.

I-130 approved in 113 days

NVC Processing

07.11.06 Case number assigned

07.24.06 DS 3032/AOS Bill Generated

07.26.2006 DS 3032 via email

07.28.2006 AOS fee paid and overnighted

07.29.06 NVC confirmed getting choice of agent

07.31.2006 Recieved actual AOS/DS 3032 bill via regular mail

07.31.2006 IV Bill generated

08.05.2006 IV bill recieved

08.11.2006 IV Bill Paid sent by mail

08.26.2006 Finally got Affidavit papers by mail

08.28.2006 Sent Affidavit by mail

ticker.png

ticker.png

7.17.2006 Replied to IMBRA RFE 07.18.2006 Touched ( I guess they recieved RFE) 07.24.2006 Touched

7.26.2006 Touched again 7.28.06 Touched again (they keep sending it to the old address) This case is stuck!

ticker.png

Timeline

Bought my ticket today. Arrive in Moscow on the 9th and depart Moscow on the 4th.

Now, - what to do while I'm there ... ... ... ;)

from Andrew

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Bought my ticket today. Arrive in Moscow on the 9th and depart Moscow on the 4th.

Now, - what to do while I'm there ... ... ... ;)

Humm that is the shortest trip I have heard of. You are returning 5 days before you arrive. You should think about staying longer. :blush:

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Timeline

Humm that is the shortest trip I have heard of. You are returning 5 days before you arrive. You should think about staying longer. :blush:

:lol: Actually, I wanted to return the day before I arrive, but I need to be back in the office on the 5th.

from Andrew

I am in Bahrain right now, and had a slight issue getting my ticket changed for my return trip. And, since Israel decided to invade Lebanon the day I arrived in the Middle East, getting confirmation on a flight back has been quite tricky.

It's actually kind of comical. I have a confirmed flight from here to Germany, but getting from Germany back to the U.S. is the problem. It's possible.... for about $3,500. I've been joking with my host here that I may as well just re-route my trip to Russia and hang out there. If I can't get back to the States, obviously, Russia is where I want to go!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Some of you may remember about me washing my passport back in the spring. It still got me into and out of Russia in April and May, but I turned it in for a new one this summer. Now the bummer is waiting on my new passport, which has gotten delayed about a week while I prepared a written response to the Russian Consular in San Francisco as to my plans (itinerary) for my upcoming trip. It seems like everything is wait, wait, and then, wait some more.

:clock:

from Andrew

I've returned to the States, and although I didn't see any VJers in line at the airport, I did wait with about 200 Ukrainians in Frankfurt. It was nice to hear them speaking in a familiar (well, close enough) language to what I was used to. And, to see those girls...... made me miss my girl even more.

It's amazing that when travelling abroad, there are certain things that label us as certain people. The airports are awesome places to see a very eclectic mix of people and cultures. That alone is worth taking a trip abroad.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.