10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Dillon..I'm very happy u can say that about ur MIl..really nice

Well you live pretty close to her so if you want to adopt her too you can.

AHHH BWOY..YUH REALLY NO SARRY FI MI :) JUST KIDDING..WHERE IS SHE?I LIKE NICE MIL..I STILL TALK TO ONE OF MINE WHO ME AND HER SON DON'T EVEN SPEAK ANYMORE..THAT RELATIONSHIP WASN'T GOING ANYWHERE..SHE TELL MI NO RUN DUNG NUTTIN WAH NAH RUN YUH DUNG :)

Amen...same ting mi grannie always tell mi

Ehn real words from ex-MIL an grannie. But if wan bit pull or rhino run mi dung...mi dyam sure nuh gwaan run ie dung...mi ago mek it stay same wey....LMAO :devil::devil::whistle:

Hey Moni...mi wan fe see de pictra too. Yes mi fass.

Sus is expecting oonu fe stay outta har business. kikikikiki

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have a general question and this is not necessarily related to me but how many of your spouses, SOs, etc. have no interest in obtaining a citizenship and want to just remain a permanent resident?

I don't know what Andre is going to do now. I know he was going to apply for citizenship just to NOT have to reapply for the 10 year green card for the rest of his life.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I have a general question and this is not necessarily related to me but how many of your spouses, SOs, etc. have no interest in obtaining a citizenship and want to just remain a permanent resident?

Louis wants to get his citizenship... It is my understanding in order for us to get his mom here her would need this.

Also we want to live in St Lucia but be able to travel back and forth freely... like stay in SLU for long periods of time.

I will become a SLU citizen.

They don't have to give up their original citizenship?

As USC you can become a dual citizen?

Yes you can be a dual.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

AHHH BWOY..YUH REALLY NO SARRY FI MI :) JUST KIDDING..WHERE IS SHE?I LIKE NICE MIL..I STILL TALK TO ONE OF MINE WHO ME AND HER SON DON'T EVEN SPEAK ANYMORE..THAT RELATIONSHIP WASN'T GOING ANYWHERE..SHE TELL MI NO RUN DUNG NUTTIN WAH NAH RUN YUH DUNG :)

Ehn real words from ex-MIL an grannie. But if wan bit pull or rhino run mi dung...mi dyam sure nuh gwaan run ie dung...mi ago mek it stay same wey....LMAO :devil::devil::whistle:

she on di wrang board if she expect dat fi appen...hee hee

Filed: Timeline

Jawi,

The pictra is in my pictures on mi home page. It is a pictra of mi new man!! LOL!!

OMG!! Congrats SUS!! Mi happi for you!

Nat you manage to eat things I didn't even know existed. I guess I'm pretty unadventurous when he comes to my food too. I actually don't even like the taste of food. I have my favorite Jamaican dishes...and I've got to have my crab legs. I have only had small bites and nibbles of food since August. People don't understand why I'm bigger because I don't eat...but I think my metabolism slowed down a lot after having the boys...so it caught up with me. Jonesie and A are always asking me if I ate because I will go days at a time without eating anything.

That's not good Jawi because your body moves into starvation mode and any time you eat food it packs it away thinking it won't get more anytime soon. You need to eat little meals and healthy snacks all day long - you need to stay strong to heal that body back up!

I know...I know..but my body fights me. It's getting so bad that I can't even smell food cooking without doubling over in pain from stomach knotting up. Just talking about it has me ready to head to the restroom.

Oh Jawi I m sorry to hear that, what is the Dr saying about the way you are feeling that is not healthy for you :no:

Chiney she lives in the Bronx.

LOL I was just gonna call home and tell Hubby to pack his grip we moving in :rofl:

ditto :ot2:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

Louis wants to get his citizenship... It is my understanding in order for us to get his mom here her would need this.

Also we want to live in St Lucia but be able to travel back and forth freely... like stay in SLU for long periods of time.

I will become a SLU citizen.

They don't have to give up their original citizenship?

As USC you can become a dual citizen?

I am pretty darn sure! LOL

I have a friend from St Kitts who is both. When the time comes I will do more research. In fact my landlord in SLU was SLU born but a USC also. Of course both him and my friend from SKB were in the US Army.

I was just reading some old posts yesterday where you can apply for dual citizenship in JA once you marry...Im going to do it. I think Lawny knows about it

It is very easy to get. I can tell you how too.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Philly mi did link u back...

going for a walk to clear my head

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

did any of ya'll see the new abc shows

cougartown and eastwick (based on the movie witches of eastwick)

my daughter was looking at modern family.. which i hate i missed.. it looks SOOOO funny, she was CRACKING UP!!

and then roger and i just kept it on the station..

those shows are REALLY good and REALLY sexy.. finesse u would approve..

roger say.. imma have to catch that next week, what time it come on again??.. i was like :o ..i LOVE that man!!! i really appreciated it cuz usually im in sanford and son or BET movie classic HELL so the change of pace was nice LOL

Timeline
Hi everyone.

I am very sad because my husband found out this morning that his mother passed away. He is on a plane right now on his way back to Jamaica. The saddest part about it is that he had a ticket to go down for a week on monday. He was just five days short of seeing his mother one last time.

She had been sick with headaches and dizzy spells, but nobody thought she was on her deathbed. She was only 51 years old. I still don't know what she died from.

So, my question is...what should I do? I want to go down and be there for him, but the money just isn't there. I don't have any experience with Jamaican funerals or customs.

It will take weeks till the funeral. You have some time to think about it.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

moni - tell us bout yuh new fish ya catch...

Finesse My new FISH is 27!! BOAL!! He's a youngin but more mature than most men my age. It's a long distance relationship as he lives in Chicago and I'm in Wisconsin!

The ironic thing is he is Jamaican!!

I can't seem to get them out of my system!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.