taj'samericanwife

help for my son's IR-2

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey everyone please help me out in filing for my son's IR - 2 visa. i am the petitioner and he is my child, almost 2 years old and i am a USC

Enclosed please find my Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative for _____________________(my child) and supporting documents. Contents include:

1. Form I-130

2. G-325A Biographic Information of myself ____________ (petitioner) and _________ (beneficiary).

3. Copy of the petitioner’s U.S. passport.

4. Copy of the petitioner’s birth certificate f

5. Copy of my child’s birth certificate from NSO, Philippines.

6. Copy of marriage certificate with my child’s father, ____________

7. One (1) passport-style photograph of the Petitioner.

8. One (1) passport-style photograph of the Beneficiary.

9. Check in the amount of $355.00 for application fee.

10. Other supporting documents: family pictures of the petitioner and beneficiary, life insurance policy for my child and husband, savings account copy for my child.

June 2004...i sat down on the bench to tie my shoelaces (literally) not knowing i would marry the man i just sat down next to...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

Oct. 27, 2007...my beautiful son is born

USCIS IR-1/CR-1 Visa Journey

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Feb. 05, 2009: I 130 sent

Feb. 12, 2009: NAO1

Feb. 17, 2009: first touch

Feb. 18, 2009: Touch

May 01, 2009: Touch and NAO2 mailed...yeah hey!

May 08, 2009: NAO2 in the mail

NVC Journey

May 15, 2009: NVC case number

May 18, 2009: Gave email add to NVC

May 28, 2009: Received DS 3032 / I-864 Bill

June 1, 2009: Paid I-864 Bill

June 5, 2009: sent AOS stuff

June 29, 2009: sent DS 230

June 28 - Aug. 8: i spent time with my boys in the philippines

IN A BIG HUGE BLUR...OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED AUGUST 5, 2009 (AFTER RFE: HUSBAND'S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE) AND MY HUSBANDS INTERVIEW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 25, 2009...WE HOPE AND PRAY WE GET IT!

CURRENTLY DOING: PREPARING DOCUMENTS FOR MY SON'S PETITION!

...I am one day further from the last time I saw you but I am one day closer to the next time I will...

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am USC and my both kids born here in Islamabad, Pakistan. I have filed Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA), once I got this I applied for their US passport. This all done within 6 weeks time frame.

As per my understanding if one of the parent is USC then you minor child can get the US passport without going through IR-1/immigration process.

Eligibility for Citizenship

Eligibility for citizenship must be documentarily proven before a CRBA is issued. The following eligibility criteria apply to children born after November 14, 1986 and who are under the age of 18. A child born before November 14, 1986 or over the age of 18 is ineligible for a CRBA, but may still be eligible for a passport and citizenship. Contact the Embassy for more information.

• A child born in wedlock to 2 U.S. citizen parents is a citizen as long as one of the parents has resided in the US sometime prior to the child’s birth.
  • A child born in wedlock to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent is a citizen as long as the US Citizen parent was present in the U.S. for 5 years prior to the child’s birth, two of which were after age 14.
  • A child born out of wedlock to a U.S. citizen mother is a citizen as long as the mother was physically present in the U.S. continuously for 12 months at any time prior to the child’s birth.
  • A child born out of wedlock to a U.S. citizen father is a citizen as long as paternity is clearly and convincingly established, the child is legitimated for the purpose of citizenship, and the father commits to financially support the child. The father must have been physically present in the U.S. for 5 years prior to the child’s birth, two of which were after age 14.

I am USC and my both kids born here in Islamabad, Pakistan. I have filed Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA), once I got this I applied for their US passport. This all done within 6 weeks time frame.

As per my understanding if one of the parent is USC then you minor child can get the US passport without going through IR-1/immigration process.

Eligibility for Citizenship

Eligibility for citizenship must be documentarily proven before a CRBA is issued. The following eligibility criteria apply to children born after November 14, 1986 and who are under the age of 18. A child born before November 14, 1986 or over the age of 18 is ineligible for a CRBA, but may still be eligible for a passport and citizenship. Contact the Embassy for more information.

• A child born in wedlock to 2 U.S. citizen parents is a citizen as long as one of the parents has resided in the US sometime prior to the child’s birth.
  • A child born in wedlock to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent is a citizen as long as the US Citizen parent was present in the U.S. for 5 years prior to the child’s birth, two of which were after age 14.
  • A child born out of wedlock to a U.S. citizen mother is a citizen as long as the mother was physically present in the U.S. continuously for 12 months at any time prior to the child’s birth.
  • A child born out of wedlock to a U.S. citizen father is a citizen as long as paternity is clearly and convincingly established, the child is legitimated for the purpose of citizenship, and the father commits to financially support the child. The father must have been physically present in the U.S. for 5 years prior to the child’s birth, two of which were after age 14.

riz is right. Looks the OP is the biological mother (USC) of her son. He should be able to get the US citizenship by filing the consular report of birth at a local US consulate.

Immigration Process (DCF Japan)

08/06/2008 I-130 petition at Tokyo, Japan

08/13/2008 I-130 approved

|

| Waited until we were ready to move back

|

07/13/2009 IV interview at Tokyo, Japan

07/15/2009 IV(IR-1) in hand

Post-DCF

07/29/2009 POE at Las Vegas

08/17/2009 GC(10yrs) received

Click here for the detailed timeline.

Done with USCIS until

- naturalization in May 2012 or

- GC replacement in February 2019

CXmLm7.png

Timeline

my son cant be a u.s. citizen because of me. i was only born in the united states and i grew up in the philippines, i never really lives in the united states before my son was born, and it only added up to about a year. i only spent vacations and summers in the united states, but as soon as i was done with school, i came back to the united states and not i have been here for a year now. i petitioned my husband first and now i feel ready to petition my son because i have a steady job and a licensed nurse...

June 2004...i sat down on the bench to tie my shoelaces (literally) not knowing i would marry the man i just sat down next to...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

NVC Journey

IN A BIG HUGE BLUR...OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED AUGUST 5, 2009 (AFTER RFE: HUSBAND'S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE) AND MY HUSBANDS INTERVIEW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 25, 2009...WE HOPE AND PRAY WE GET IT!

...I am one day further from the last time I saw you but I am one day closer to the next time I will...

Timeline

you all didnt think i went to talk to the us embassy about CBRA? ive done that and the only thing i can do is petition him for an IR - 2 and then when he is in my custody in america then i can apply for citizenship under N 400?

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

NVC Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.