RachelMarie

Questions from an American Fiancee

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

These past few days since receiving my Chinese fiance's interview appointment have been kind of stressful for the two of us, trying to figure out exactly what we have to write down on the forms and what all to bring to the interview, etc.

I'm concerned because I fear if we fill in the answer to a question wrongly on DS-157 or 156 he won't pass, and we've been SO anticipating our tentative wedding in the States!

For example, as soon as the wedding is over pretty much, we plan to get his status adjustment, so he can work... but can he check the box that says "Yes" for "Do you plan to work in the the US?" even though the K1 doesn't allow for working? He plans to work later on, after status adjustment.

The other question we're hung up on is, "How long do you intend to stay in the US?" ... we're thinking of putting something like "indefinitely after visa status adjustment" but is that okay?!

Also, he made a couple mistakes on the DS-156, and scratched them out, so we went to make new copies and found out the Consulate's paper size is very specific! Does this matter? Is it okay to make copies and use our own paper for the Guangzhou Consulate??? My fiance is worried that it's all ruined :P

I'm nervous because he's an Asian male marrying an American girl, and I'm worried they won't pass him for some odd reason. Anyone "foreign"girls out there get a Chinese fiance and passed?! Please help me with the above questions if you can!!

Also, I'm going to the Consulate with him, and I'm wondering if it's really worth it to attend ACH, and if so, how do I get an appointment? What goes on during the ACH?

Thanks so much!!!post-70060-1252843167_thumb.jpg

Snail-Mail Pen-Pals for 7 years... met in person in May 2008. Engaged in August 2008. Took some time deciding what to do, where to marry, etc... Applied for K-1 in January via attorney in CA.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Guangzhou, China

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-04

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-02-25

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-07-07

Packet 3 Received : 2009-08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-08-19

Packet 4 Received : 2009-09-10

Interview Date : 2009-10-14 Submit Review

Visa Received : *hopefully!!!*

US Entry : 2009-10-17

Marriage : 2009-11-21

Comments : nervous! :P

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 132 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 231 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

On the "Do you plan to work"........Put no. The Visa is for him to come to USA for marriage. These forms are used for many types of Visas. K1 is for marriage. On the, "How long do you intend to stay in the US",,we put "Always".....since my Fiancee and I will live in the US............Best of Luck....Bob

April 2008 Met online ..................... March 2010.. 3 week visit......... 19 Nov...Sent DS230 & I-864

April 2009 Met in Chongqing .......... 09 March 2010 .. Marry.................17Dec...NVC lost 230 and 864

04 May 09 Apply K1 .................... 10 April .. Apply CR1....................20Dec..NVC found 230

18 May 09 NOA 1......................... 20 April... NOA1...........................28Dec..sent more 864 docs

16 Sep 09 NOA 2......................... 06 Oct..... NOA2...........................2011

08 Nov 09 P3................................... 21 Oct..... Have Case #..............21 Jan...SIF

06 Dec 09 P4............................... 30 OCt..... Have DS-3032...............26 Jan .. CC

29 Dec 09. Interview..................... 1 Nov..... email Ds-3032...............1 Apr, 3 week visit

29 Dec,,,,No Visa.......................... 1 Nov......paid AOS.......................4 May Interview.Approved..

9 Aug 2010 I-129F ended.............. 5 Nov......paid IV.........,,,,,,,,,,, ..... 28 June, Received Visa

............................................................................................................22 July, arrive USA..

Timeline
On the "Do you plan to work"........Put no. The Visa is for him to come to USA for marriage. These forms are used for many types of Visas. K1 is for marriage. On the, "How long do you intend to stay in the US",,we put "Always".....since my Fiancee and I will live in the US............Best of Luck....Bob

Thanks, Bob.

My Mom's afraid if we check "no" they will think he has no other good reason to go to the States?

Also, what about our paper issue? Does anyone think using the copies are a problem?

Snail-Mail Pen-Pals for 7 years... met in person in May 2008. Engaged in August 2008. Took some time deciding what to do, where to marry, etc... Applied for K-1 in January via attorney in CA.

Processing

Thanks, Bob.

My Mom's afraid if we check "no" they will think he has no other good reason to go to the States?

Also, what about our paper issue? Does anyone think using the copies are a problem?

It's OK to put Yes but say not until I get work authorization. Heck! Most everyone intends to work!!!

How lont stay ine US! Permanetly

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Hi Everyone,

These past few days since receiving my Chinese fiance's interview appointment have been kind of stressful for the two of us, trying to figure out exactly what we have to write down on the forms and what all to bring to the interview, etc.

I'm concerned because I fear if we fill in the answer to a question wrongly on DS-157 or 156 he won't pass, and we've been SO anticipating our tentative wedding in the States!

For example, as soon as the wedding is over pretty much, we plan to get his status adjustment, so he can work... but can he check the box that says "Yes" for "Do you plan to work in the the US?" even though the K1 doesn't allow for working? He plans to work later on, after status adjustment.

Question 32 answer YES, WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION, EMPLOYER UNKNOWM

The other question we're hung up on is, "How long do you intend to stay in the US?" ... we're thinking of putting something like "indefinitely after visa status adjustment" but is that okay?!

Question 26 answer PERMANENTLY and Question 27 answer MARRIAGE AND RELOCATION TO THE USA

Also, he made a couple mistakes on the DS-156, and scratched them out, so we went to make new copies and found out the Consulate's paper size is very specific! Does this matter? Is it okay to make copies and use our own paper for the Guangzhou Consulate??? My fiance is worried that it's all ruined :P

I'm nervous because he's an Asian male marrying an American girl, and I'm worried they won't pass him for some odd reason. Anyone "foreign"girls out there get a Chinese fiance and passed?! Please help me with the above questions if you can!!

Also, I'm going to the Consulate with him, and I'm wondering if it's really worth it to attend ACH, and if so, how do I get an appointment? What goes on during the ACH?

Thanks so much!!!post-70060-1252843167_thumb.jpg

The example forms show all these answers... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=examples

They really help and can set your mind at ease.

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Timeline

thanks all!!! We're thinking of bring both printed and handwritten forms in ... My fiance is really worried about filling in things wrong :P Wish things didn't have to be so hard...

Processing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.