Y's_habibitk

MENA CR1/K3/K1 visas PART2

987 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Checking in on Serena but Im a day early... good luck doll and I hope its painless and smooth :)

Amanda,

I hear ya... heck when we all lost power here last year for a week from the hurricane(came here with 50mph+ winds) we sat in a dark office all day because corporate didnt want to pay us for being at home.

Oh well they paid us to sit and do nothing together, at least I wasnt sitting at home with no power alone lol

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and to those that celebrate themselves or with family... early Merry Christams! (L)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's funny Lisa...but really? They would rather pay you to sit in the dark at work, than pay you to sit in the dark at home? That doesn't make any sense! And Merry Christmas to you too! And to Yazied & your little boy! I hope it is wonderful for all of you and you have a great new year too!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year everyone!

Good luck, peace & happiness to all those still waiting and with interviews coming up. I pray that God richly blesses each and every one of you!

Amanda

Timeline
That's funny Lisa...but really? They would rather pay you to sit in the dark at work, than pay you to sit in the dark at home? That doesn't make any sense! And Merry Christmas to you too! And to Yazied & your little boy! I hope it is wonderful for all of you and you have a great new year too!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year everyone!

Good luck, peace & happiness to all those still waiting and with interviews coming up. I pray that God richly blesses each and every one of you!

Amanda

Oh and I totally agree and we were all pretty dumfounded that they made us sit around there, the phones werent even up for petes sake! I'll never understand some decisions.....

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
One word...Greed!

I can write off most to that but in that situation taht didnt even make sense... i think it was them thinking, "if we're going to pay them, they will be at that office". We do have field staff that come in to turn in notes but they couldnt enter them in for p/r anyway lol

anyway, hows your job going? any better since the incident and drama? I hope everything cooled down

Thanks!

I can write off most to that but in that situation taht didnt even make sense... i think it was them thinking, "if we're going to pay them, they will be at that office". We do have field staff that come in to turn in notes but they couldnt enter them in for p/r anyway lol

anyway, hows your job going? any better since the incident and drama? I hope everything cooled down

Job is going fine. Definitely has cooled down since the incident and craziness. I still don't like it here. People will throw you under the bus in about 2 seconds to make themselves look good or put the blame elsewhere. People can be really fake too...all nice and sweet to your face and then talk s%&t about you as soon as you walk out the door, not to mention they are super negative. It is hard to work in that kind of environment. I did actually bring Raad into the building last week though. :) I am waiting to hear from the job I interviewed for over a week ago. I called the office to speak to the woman I interviewed with last week, but they said she was on vacation until the 30th...so I am hoping that is why I haven't heard back yet. :)

Timeline

Good luck on the interview!

It is miserable to work with a bunch of backstabbing eh hemmmm's. Another manager and I were just talking about how one person can upset the whole office dynamic....I think we just hired one

I hope you snag this job hun!

Thanks!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Serena!!! We're anxiously waiting for the good news!!!! :)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Good luck on the interview!

It is miserable to work with a bunch of backstabbing eh hemmmm's. Another manager and I were just talking about how one person can upset the whole office dynamic....I think we just hired one

I hope you snag this job hun!

Thanks Lisa...me too. I am awaiting the good news. :whistle::unsure::blink:

Hey Guys...just got back from Cairo.

Everything went smoothly alhamdullilah....thanks in advance for all the well wishes and dua's.

The process went pretty much like Aya's....you are called to the first window for originals and passport, then pay they fees at window #4, then the DHL fees after that. Next you are called to get your fingerprints done and after about an hour wait, you are called for the final interview.

Since my case was so different from everyone else's here...i was not sure what would be asked of me about my spousal relationship. In fact, there was not any relationship questions at all, no proofs were required. He asked a few curiousity questions about why i didn't get my citizenship when i was in America....and that if i had i would not be in this situation now...which i cheerfully agreed with. so all in all it was more like a conversation for about 5 mins whilst he checked over my documents to make sure everything was in order. At the end, he said all he has to do is print the visa and send it by DHL. I was trying to pin down a date so i can book tickets asap, but he didn't want to be definitive, but said i should get it by the first. so enshallah i will receive it then, i'm still apprehensive, b/c its not in my hands yet. But it went really well and i'm very thankful.

A

6-22-09 - Filed petition at embassy in Cairo

8-12-09 - Contacted DOS for info on petition...found out petition is filed incorrectly...

8-12-09 - Tried contacting embassy with new info...no response for 3 days..

8-15-09 - Made appt to resubmit petition on 8-17

8-17-09 - CO at embassy informed us that correction was made and petition sent to Athens for approval.

8-26-09 - Petition approved by Athens USCIS

8-28-09 - Petition mailed to Cairo by Dipl. Pouch via Washington DC.

9-29-09 - Petition arrive at Cairo....

10-12-09 - Package 3 arrived and also sent back same day...

11-10-09 - Package 4 arrived

12-22-09 - Interview date - APPROVED

12-23-09 - DOS says Visa Issued

12-30-09 - Visa in hand

12-31-09 - Enshallah arrive back home :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Everything went smoothly alhamdullilah....thanks in advance for all the well wishes and dua's.

The process went pretty much like Aya's....you are called to the first window for originals and passport, then pay they fees at window #4, then the DHL fees after that. Next you are called to get your fingerprints done and after about an hour wait, you are called for the final interview.

Since my case was so different from everyone else's here...i was not sure what would be asked of me about my spousal relationship. In fact, there was not any relationship questions at all, no proofs were required. He asked a few curiousity questions about why i didn't get my citizenship when i was in America....and that if i had i would not be in this situation now...which i cheerfully agreed with. so all in all it was more like a conversation for about 5 mins whilst he checked over my documents to make sure everything was in order. At the end, he said all he has to do is print the visa and send it by DHL. I was trying to pin down a date so i can book tickets asap, but he didn't want to be definitive, but said i should get it by the first. so enshallah i will receive it then, i'm still apprehensive, b/c its not in my hands yet. But it went really well and i'm very thankful.

A

That's great news Serena!!! :) Did they keep your passport?

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

A

Mabrook! That's great to hear. I hope you get your visa in hand very soon!

Timeline

Awesome Serena! :dancing: Sounds good. I hope you are booking a flight very soon :)

Thanks!

Awesome Serena! :dancing: Sounds good. I hope you are booking a flight very soon :)

Hello all wonderful MENA ladies, I miss you all more then you know, but as you know of what happened, sometimes it was hard for me to come here to VJ.

SO...... wanted to update you all, Im fine, day by day, as ugly as this will sound, I count my blessings this has happened, a marriage does not work one only one of the couple is truly in love.

For me, Im healing, and believe it or not, Im happy. Starting to live again, even went out with friends a couple of times, and it felt good. Coming out of my thump as a good friend says, LOL. Even been asked out a few times, but I declined the invitations. You ladies on VJ have been a inspriration to me, and at many times my crutch, thank you all for all the kindness and warm PM's you have sent me. I wish you all a very happy holiday season and a very good 2010!!! Its been a rough year for all.

Much love to all of you's !!!!

Happy Holidays!!!!

Beth XOXOXO

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.