Meliss

Went for my medical in London Ontario

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well went for my medical with Dr. Al L. in London ontario, fun times, if you are a girl be prepared for the exam - no PAP - (yay) but he either does have wandering hands or needed to do a pelvic exam, not internal, but he examines EVERY thing else. (Plus you have to strip down) A little weird....any way parking was $ 3 bucks no worries, had the x ray there in the same building and waited 1 hour to pick it up. Spent the extra $20 bucks to have results sent to me rather than come back in a week to pick it up. The total cost of the exam- $435 dollars- ouch, for me and 2 kids. They had to have tentus shots but nothing else. It was fast like 1/2 hour and went shopping after. He has a tiny office on the second floor- 1 staff member and his office was really not on the very clean side. Anyway it is done, and I never have to go back. Not really a bad experience but not the way I would want to spend the day. Bye. :blush:

Timeline

wow, am I ever glad I cancelled my medical with him and went to Toronto instead. At first I thought to avoid the traffic going towards Toronto and go the opposite way to London (I'm actually closer to Toronto though, but hate the QEW). But, at the last minute I called Seiden and luckily got an appointment there and took the go train. And I did NOT have to have any kind of "hands on" physical. I did have a breast exam, but that was done by a nurse. anyway, its done, but, it was good that you posted your experience there, it will give other women something to keep their eyes open for....JUST IN CASE

our timeline

01/03/06 - mailed I-129F application to NSC

01/16/06 - received NOA1 via snail mail

03/07/06 - received NOA2 via e-mail

03/22/06 - received at NVC

03/23/06 - case forwarded to embassy (Montreal)

04/03/06 - packet 3 arrives from embassy

04/11/06 - sent checklist and DS-230 part 1 to embassy

07/07/06 - Interview in Montreal

07/07/06 - Visa denied, handed in completed I-601

08/19/06 - I-601 received in Vermont

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The most "hands on" the doctor did in Montreal was just some poking around in my abdomen. I didn't even change from my clothes.

CR-1

09/16/2005 Mailed I-130 (CSC)

09/21/2005 NOA 1

02/07/2006 NOA 2 (Day 143)

02/25/2006 Petitioner receives AOS Bill in U.S. (Day 161)

02/27/2006 AOS Bill (regular USPS) and DS-3032 (Canada Post regular) are mailed out

03/21/2006 Petitioner receives I-864 package (Day 185)

03/22/2006 Beneficiary receives IV Bill and sends payment - regular mail (Day 186)

03/24/2006 Petitioner sends back I-864 (Day 188)

04/13/2006 Beneficiary receives DS-230 (Day 208)

05/10/2006 Beneficiary sends back DS-230 and docs to NVC via Fedex (Day 235)

05/19/2006 NVC issues RFE on Question # 20 on the DS-230. (Day 244)

05/29/2006 Beneficiary receives RFE and sends it off (Day 254)

06/02/2006 NVC receives RFE (Day 258)

06/16/2006 Case Complete! (Day 272)

07/07/2006 Case forwarded to Consulate in Montreal (Day 293)

08/11/2006 INTERVIEW! VISA APPROVED!

08/14/2006 Picked up visa and crossed the border.

08/25/2006 SS card arrives in the mail

09/07/2006 GC arrives in the mail.

K-3

02/01/2006 Mailed I-129F

02/07/2006 NOA1

04/14/2006 I-129F is approved!

04/24/2006 NVC forwards the application to the consulate in Montreal

05/01/2006 Packet 3 is received from consulate & is sent of 3 days later

07/07/2006 Medical

08/08/2006 INTERVIEW- cancelled bec. of CR-1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

tewlip - what did your cost you ?

Angela

***I751***

01/06/2009 - Mailed I-751 with Fee (Day 1)

01/09/2009 - Check Cashed (Day 3)

01/15/2009 - NOA received (Day 9)

02/05/2009 - Biometrics Appointment (Day 30)

06/10/2009 - Approval!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

they only did a breast exam by the nurse nothing to do with my lower sexual organs , didn't even look at them, glad I went to Dr. Seiden.

Feb. 15/ 07 --- GC approved

Nov. 17/09 -- I-751 sent (Day 1)

Timeline

The cost at Dr. Seidens was $185.00 and $20.00 to have the results couriered to me.

our timeline

01/03/06 - mailed I-129F application to NSC

01/16/06 - received NOA1 via snail mail

03/07/06 - received NOA2 via e-mail

03/22/06 - received at NVC

03/23/06 - case forwarded to embassy (Montreal)

04/03/06 - packet 3 arrives from embassy

04/11/06 - sent checklist and DS-230 part 1 to embassy

07/07/06 - Interview in Montreal

07/07/06 - Visa denied, handed in completed I-601

08/19/06 - I-601 received in Vermont

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had to wear the backless gown in Ottawa. All i remember really was abdomen poking and heart monitoring. Nothing that would make me go hmmm

K-1

I-129F Sent: 2004-12-14

I-129F NOA1: 2004-12-23

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 2005-03-21

Date Package Received By NVC : 2005-04-30

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3): 2005-08-10

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4): 2005-09-23

Interview Date: 2005-11-14

Date Visa Received : 2005-11-15

Date of US Entry: 2005-11-19

Date of Wedding: 2006-01-06

tat4co.jpg

Aos

Filing date: 2006-04-04

NOA date for I-485: 2006-04-11

I-485 Biometrics Appt Date: 2006-04-27

Transfered to CSC: 2006-06-01

Received at CSC: 2006-06-06

AoS Approved (no interview): 2006-06-15

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well for the guys, I went to Medisys in MTL on the 14th. It was 210$, +65$ for some vaccinations that I didn't have. I was able to book an appointment for the next day that I called. In Ottawa, the best they could do was August 2nd.

I had a female doctor. They have you strip down briefly, take a look to make sure there is no visible STD and make sure that you are the gendre you say you are :) hehe and all the other basic stuff, heart rythme, reflects, visual test, chest xray, and blah blah.

Thank goodness for you guys posting your experiences.. Dr. Seiden it will be for me when the time comes. Question though.... if they do get 'touchy feely', is it possible to ask for a nurse to come in the room? Has anyone ever done this? Or will they simply say that they are no longer comfortable examining you and tell you go away. I had a doctor do this in a clinic once, when I asked if it were possible to have a female doctor instead.

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Thank goodness for you guys posting your experiences.. Dr. Seiden it will be for me when the time comes. Question though.... if they do get 'touchy feely', is it possible to ask for a nurse to come in the room? Has anyone ever done this? Or will they simply say that they are no longer comfortable examining you and tell you go away. I had a doctor do this in a clinic once, when I asked if it were possible to have a female doctor instead.

The doctor I went to in Halifax made sure his female receptionist/assistant was in the room (on the other side of the curtain) when he did the physical exam part of the medical, presumably to ensure that he couldn't be accused of anything bad afterwards.

People have to understand that this is a typical full scale medical, a peek or brief examination of genitalia is to be expected.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The doctor I went to in Halifax made sure his female receptionist/assistant was in the room (on the other side of the curtain) when he did the physical exam part of the medical, presumably to ensure that he couldn't be accused of anything bad afterwards.

People have to understand that this is a typical full scale medical, a peek or brief examination of genitalia is to be expected.

What doctors are panel physicians/able to do visa medical exams in or near Ottawa?

Approval Dates:

I130 Approved (NOA2) 7/20/06 (144 Days)

I129 Approved (NOA2) 8/24/06 (41 Days)

Documents we have so far:

Criminal/police record check.

Immunization records/medical history (including negative Tb, HIV, syphyllis, etc).

Chest x-ray.

His birth certificate (long form).

Our marriage certificate.

My divorce decree.

Our passports.

Wedding photos, cards, credit cards, health insurance, evidence of legitimate marriage.

Notarized I-134 and supporting documents.

Notarized I-184 and supporting documents.

Five additional passport photos each.

Questions: See "Married on Visitor Visa"post

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

What doctors are panel physicians/able to do visa medical exams in or near Ottawa?

1) WHy the size...

2) Why don't you check the Montreal Consulate in the Embassy Info on the top of the page... you may find some of your answers there...

Regardless... you should hold tight on what you need to do until you get Packet 3 from Montreal... Expect it in about a month or so...

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.