justashooter

Canadian Gov't appeals decision -

18 posts in this topic

The reality is that when you oppress a section of society for decades/centuries the legacy can't be instantly forgotten nor can the unfairnesses be simply equalized from one day to the next as if by magic.

What are you implying by that? That because they were oppressed, they are not capable of progressing themselves.

Their future is in their hands. I was shocked to see the other day that countries like Nigeria have 154,729,000 people. That is half the US yet are dirt poor. So should they just continue to have kids, then put their hand out and cry poor for us to give them money? Ethiopia has another 79,221,000.

The implication is BY that if a nation creates wealth by oppressing and under resourcing the vast majority of the population that wealth is a false indicator. It's got nothing to do with how capable the oppressed are, or are not, it's a mathematical problem.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Heard about this story last week.

The particulars of the case aren't racial in motivation- they're mostly economical.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

The reality is that when you oppress a section of society for decades/centuries the legacy can't be instantly forgotten nor can the unfairnesses be simply equalized from one day to the next as if by magic.

What are you implying by that? That because they were oppressed, they are not capable of progressing themselves.

Their future is in their hands. I was shocked to see the other day that countries like Nigeria have 154,729,000 people. That is half the US yet are dirt poor. So should they just continue to have kids, then put their hand out and cry poor for us to give them money? Ethiopia has another 79,221,000.

You can't imagine that once the black people get a stake in the government of their country that problems built over centuries just disappear, just like that, can you?

Your not getting it. If someone was to give me Exxon and I drive it into the ground, whose fault would it be? Why act as if they looted these countries and left them with nothing.

You have 100 pieces of gold. 95 pieces are owned by 5 people, 5 pieces by 95. You get the picture at all now?

Also factor in that the pieces of gold are not owned based on ability or work ethic, but because of skin colour.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .