madina

inviting my mother on visit

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi there..

i have few questions

1) i'm green card holder and i want to invite my mother to usa and my mother was here before and she will be coming second time (if approved)

first time i was on h1b visa when i sponsor my mother

in the form, i -134 it asked, whether i fill affidavit of support before?

so should i write ? or should i not ?

the reason i asked should i write is because at that time i was on h1b visa but this time i'm on green card? make sense? or regardless i should write how many people i fill for affidavit of support ?

2)

my wife is united states citizen, she can file for my mother? as mother-in-law?

i really want my mother to be here

please help me with those questions.

thanks a lot

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You missed out the crucial information, which country.

1. I am not sure about, the I-134 is not a requirement for a B2, nor is it enforceable, I know it seems to be either expected or assumed to be a requirement for some Consulates. The safe thing would be yes - and add your Mothers name..

2. No. You need to be a USC.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

madina,

1) Your mother has already had a B2 visa? When did it expire?

If your mother needs to apply for a B2 visa now and you are going to offer to cover the costs of her visit, and you are going to submit an I-134 to support your offer, then you should answer the question with a correct answer. If you've submitted an affidavit of support in the past, for your mother or for anyone else, give the information for that affidavit.

2) Can your wife file what for your mother?

Yodrak

hi there..

i have few questions

1) i'm green card holder and i want to invite my mother to usa and my mother was here before and she will be coming second time (if approved)

the reason i asked should i write is because at that time i was on h1b visa but this time i'm on green card? make sense? or regardless i should write how many people i fill for affidavit of support ?

2)

thanks a lot

madina,

1) Your mother has already had a B2 visa? When did it expire?

If your mother needs to apply for a B2 visa now and you are going to offer to cover the costs of her visit, and you are going to submit an I-134 to support your offer, then you should answer the question with a correct answer. If you've submitted an affidavit of support in the past, for your mother or for anyone else, give the information for that affidavit.

2) Can your wife file what for your mother?

Yodrak

hi there..

i have few questions

2)

thanks a lot

do i need to send my passport copy of mine and my wife too ? for a visit visa for my mom?

what i was saying is: can my wife (us citizen) file for my mother ?

thanks

Timeline
do i need to send my passport copy of mine and my wife too ? for a visit visa for my mom?

what i was saying is: can my wife (us citizen) file for my mother ?

thanks

1. It would help if you answered the questions you asked.

2. No, not as an immigrant.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 3 weeks later...
hi there..

i have few questions

2)

thanks a lot

HI! Your wife if she ia a U.S.Citizen can write an invitation letter for your mom and mention that both of you are inviting your mom to visit multiple times from the year of 2006 throughout the year of 2007 or 2008 or whatever.

Make sure that she writes that you guys are gonna take care of the mom each time while her staying here.

Obtain a multivisa ,so your mom will be able to visit you multiple times and not deal with the Embassy each time she would like to visit you.

I have a question about that I-134 form as i have never heard about it ., but i have just read about it.

Is it really necessary to file that form for the parents who wish to visit multiple times???

I mean ,we have already invited my parents for Christmas last year and my husband who is a U.S Citizen just wrote the regular invitation letter and when they were called to the Embassy they have obtained a visa visout a problem.

So,i dont know if does my husband need to file the I-134 form for to invite them again as this time we wanna obtain a multivisa for them?

Or is that I-134 form has been created for the Permanent Residents who are willing to invite thir parents to visit ,only?...

Thanks.

Best wishes. (F)

Sincerely.

Timeline

You also do not give enough information.

My mother usually visits once a year, she just fills in the I-94W and the Customs declaration on the plane and hands them in on arrival.

It all depends.

Edited by Boiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.