Marzy

Is this odd or usual?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi everyone, I had my biometrics last Aug. 20, 2009 @ 3PM. Everything is fine. It was easy and fast. They took my fingerprints and picture. My daughter did not have biometrics because she doesn't have appointment letter. Anyway, this is my question.

Should I make an appointment in Infopass for my daughter's biometric or just wait for little while?

Life is not a granting factory, according to my colleague.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I'd wait for couple of weeks. If you don't hear anything after that, make an Infopass. My son and I had different day for biometric, it was just one day different though. I'm not sure if it usual, somebody else here maybe have better idea.

I-751 Process

05/01/08 Sent I-751 Package to TSC

05/07/08 Checks Cashed

05/15/08 CRI89 transferred to VSC

05/21/08 NOA Date

05/28/08 Biometrics

12/24/08 The Application transferred to the USCIS Memphis Sub Office

01/22/09 Contact USCIS about the case

04/08/09 Got email about Card Production Ordered

04/11/09 Received Approval Letter by Mail

04/16/09 Received 10 years Green Card

Naturalization

08/10/09 Sent N-400 package

08/13/09 Check cashed

08/17/09 Received NOA

08/29/09 Received Biometric appointment Letter

09/04/09 Biometric

09/21/09 Received Interview Letter

11/06/09 Interview

12/17/09 Oath Ceremony

Passport Processing

03/10/10 Applied US Passport (Normal)

03/25/10 Received US Passport

03/27/10 Received Naturalization Certificate

we also did not receive a Biometrics appointment letter yet for our daughter. we did receive an extension letter. I've seen this question posted on VJ recently, about biometrics with ROC for children under age 14. I haven't been able to find out anything on the USCIS website. my wife's Biometric apt is Sept 11. all I know now is not to take my daughter out of school if she doesn't have a Bio Apt.

anyone have a clear cut answer if Biometric Apt. is done for children under age 14?

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

we also did not receive a Biometrics appointment letter yet for our daughter. we did receive an extension letter. I've seen this question posted on VJ recently, about biometrics with ROC for children under age 14. I haven't been able to find out anything on the USCIS website. my wife's Biometric apt is Sept 11. all I know now is not to take my daughter out of school if she doesn't have a Bio Apt.

anyone have a clear cut answer if Biometric Apt. is done for children under age 14?

I took my daughter with me even I didn't have her biometrics appointment. Also, my schedule is after school so it was okay to take her with me. Anyway, until now, there is no appointment letter. I only have her extension letter. I tracked her status in USCIS and it says "invalid." :blink:

Edited by S*J

Yes, do not take the child without appointment letter. They do not perform your biometrics if you don't have the piece of paper they want.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

My son under 14, and he had a biometric (they took his picture, and just index finger for fingerprint).

I-751 Process

05/01/08 Sent I-751 Package to TSC

05/07/08 Checks Cashed

05/15/08 CRI89 transferred to VSC

05/21/08 NOA Date

05/28/08 Biometrics

12/24/08 The Application transferred to the USCIS Memphis Sub Office

01/22/09 Contact USCIS about the case

04/08/09 Got email about Card Production Ordered

04/11/09 Received Approval Letter by Mail

04/16/09 Received 10 years Green Card

Naturalization

08/10/09 Sent N-400 package

08/13/09 Check cashed

08/17/09 Received NOA

08/29/09 Received Biometric appointment Letter

09/04/09 Biometric

09/21/09 Received Interview Letter

11/06/09 Interview

12/17/09 Oath Ceremony

Passport Processing

03/10/10 Applied US Passport (Normal)

03/25/10 Received US Passport

03/27/10 Received Naturalization Certificate

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.