JD63

Fiance address and embassy designation

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My fiance is currently a graduate student in Australia but will be finishing in January and moving back to Thailand. I'm filing the application and don't know what address for her I should put on it

Do I put Australian address that she is currently living at? Or the address that she will be living at in January in BKK? Will this cause some problems at consulate if she's listed at an Australian address?

Thanks

JD

AOS Mailed 5-02-2010

NOA1 5-12-2010

Forward CSC 6-06-2010

Biometrics 6-16-2010

AOS Touch 7-10-2010

EAD Approve 7-21-2010

EAD Arrival 7-30-2010

Greencard Approve 9-08-2010

Greencard Arrives 9-15-2010

No Interview

ROC Mailed 6-12-2012

• 3 weeks later...
My fiance is currently a graduate student in Australia but will be finishing in January and moving back to Thailand. I'm filing the application and don't know what address for her I should put on it

Do I put Australian address that she is currently living at? Or the address that she will be living at in January in BKK? Will this cause some problems at consulate if she's listed at an Australian address?

Thanks

JD

I think this might be a question for the USCIS helpline, but some VJrs with more experience than I

may be able to fill in the blanks. I think it's a question of the K-1 timeline; if you filed right now

you might be looking at getting your NOA2 at the end of December. This would put the consular

segment of your journey squarely in January, meaning when she is back in Bangkok where the

interview would presumably take place. Since packets 3 & 4 will be sent to her address at the

time of the interview, the Thailand address should be the one you put. Only if she was going to

remain in Australia for 6 months or more would you want to go through the consulate in Australia.

There are many where the beneficiary is in a 3rd country for an extended period who file through

that 3rd country's consulate and use their 3rd country address in doing this. It's september now

and the NOA2 is usually a 3 month wait. To me it looks like Thailand should be the address to use.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks

JD

Petition, or application? The I-129f is the petition.

If she is a student, and will NOT be in Australia for the visa application (interview) then list her address in Thailand. That is her official address, that is where you want anything from the consulate going as she will be back long before she gets anything from the consulate. The college address, IF it is an official residence, should be listed on the G-325a. Many people do not list college addresses as often they are not official residences. If she is living on campus, in a dormitory, I would not even list it. Our oldest son is a student in Moscow. I never listed his dormitory address on any form. If she has rented a house or is living off campus, then you should list that as a residence address on the G-325a

If she has been in Australia for more than 6 months she will need a police certificate from there. Have her get it before she leaves. The police certificate is valid (at the consulate) for one year despite anything else it may say on the certificate itself.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.