ikyang

Health issues on parent

4 posts in this topic

hello vj friends! I am now on the process of bringing my mom here! I just received her noa1. My worries is she had a surgery about 3 yrs ago bec she had a thyroid cancer. Will this affect her medical exam later? Or will this cause a problem on her visa? Now she is doing good

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I-693 states no immigrant will be rejected on the basis of even having communicable diseases as long as they agree on receiving counseling. Cancer is not a communicable disease. Other concern is coming here getting free health care, but the I-864 blocks most of that, some debate about going on Medicaid on an emergency basis. but then the household has to be broke to get that for a member. I really don't have experience with Medicaid on these matters, but getting health care for a relative can be a problem in this country. We are petitioning for our now over 25 year old now step son, our health plan won't cover him.

Finding a USCIS approved doctor that is reasonable is also a problem, most health insurance policies won't cover that, found one that was 300 miles from us that was reasonable, some of these clinics are insane. I filled in the top half of the form and made plenty of printouts, impossible to find a doctor that can write legibly.

Leave others to judge as to whether my response is intelligent or not, but based on experience rather than logic. To me, the I-693 was illogical and very expensive, but you have to do it. Good to have your mom bring all of her medical records with her with a list of all her shots and vaccinations.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
Is there any Intelligent vj members who would like to help me please?!

This type of backhanded compliment is probably not going to get you much help. People will answer if they have any comments that may be useful. Implying that only intelligent members would help you with the negative implication that those who choose not to help must therefore be unintelligent is awful. Be patient in getting answers to your posts. Picture yourself going into a room full of people and asking if there are any intelligent people in there is patently going to be offensive to some.

Edited by aaron2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.