faithfully

Sputum culture test prior to medical exam

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! My fiance (petitioner) already got a letter after NOA2 saying that the petition has been forwarded to the embassy where the beneficiary is. However, I do have the following questions:

1. I've had PTB (pulmonary tuberculosis) but had taken medication. AFB smear as of July was negative as well a the culture test done January of this year. Can I voluntarily go to St. Luke's and request for certification (they'd probably request for a sputum culture test) prior to my medical examination so as to save time?

2. There was no letter requesting for the affidavit of support documents. How will my fiance submit those documents?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

if youve had PTB, then you might have a scar in your lungs, st lukes will let you undergo sputum tests and that will delay you for 2 months since you also need to wait for the culture results. however, since youve undergone medications already, then you will most likely pass the culture test. my advice is to do the medical exams early so that even if you have to wait for 2 months , it wont delay your interview. take note, for people who undergo sputum tests, their medical results will have a 3 month validity only.

as for the affidavit of support, my husband submitted the AOS to NVC and i also brought a copy with me to the interview.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks Sasha!!! So what do you mean by "have my medical" early? I think I can't go there without my interview appoitnment letter fro the US Embassy. My fiance has the NOA2 letter already.I was just wondering why didn't he get an e-mail and the case status online says case is still pending. He even got the Manila case number. However, there was no letter asking for the affidavit of support documents. Please advise. Thanks!

Thanks Sasha!!! So what do you mean by "have my medical" early? I think I can't go there without my interview appoitnment letter fro the US Embassy. My fiance has the NOA2 letter already.I was just wondering why didn't he get an e-mail and the case status online says case is still pending. He even got the Manila case number. However, there was no letter asking for the affidavit of support documents. Please advise. Thanks!

you can do the medical exam if you have your case number already. just show it to the slec guard.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

NVC:

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

You need to download the documents from the US Embasy Manila (USEM) website because packet IV is no longer mailed out to you:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3238.html

You can read the directions from the links on the USEM website; or read the Manila Embassy K1 Visa Guide(at the top of the Philippine forum) and ignore sections 4.5 and 5.1. Either one will give you directions on what you need to do or the interview process.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=129059

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

It appears that you guys have filed for a K-1 Fiancée Visa (which is treated differently than other visas, like the CR-1 Visa), and also your fiancé already has the MNL number. This means that it is time for him to do two things:

1. Make an interview appointment for you with the U.S. Embassy in Manila.

2. Send you the papers he is responsible for, and that you will need for your interview. He needs to send you his Affidavit of Support, an updated "Letter of Intent to Marry", more proof of an ongoing relationship (since the time he sent the I-129 to USCIS), and a copy of all of the papers he originally sent to USCIS when he filed for the K-1 Visa (including original receipts).

I have already forgotten which other papers I sent my fiancée, so maybe someone else can chime in.

Good luck with your medical and your interview!

~ Tahoma

I just read the thread by qp23114 which deals with the same subject. That thread has a more complete answer regarding the documents you will need for your interview.

~ Tahoma

you can do the medical exam if you have your case number already. just show it to the slec guard.

Hi sasha,

Do you mean if we already have the NVC CASE NUMBER then i can go to Saint Luke's for my medical? or Do we have any other case number?

Please pm me for your answer.

Thank you.

My wife did the medical 1 1/2 months early. She only had the NOA2 approval notice and her MNL number.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure. I've "heard' 6 months. Heard don't count much with the immigration process tho.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

My wife did the medical 1 1/2 months early. She only had the NOA2 approval notice and her MNL number.

How long are the SLEC medical results valid for?

its valid for 6 months IF there is no problem with your xray results. however if you undergo sputum tests or medications, it is only valid for 3 months.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

NVC:

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.