nfs

income requirement?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello Everyone!

I've been reading the posts for the last few weeks and it's been great and very helpful to get a better idea about this whole process--not for the impatient!

My I-129 was received at the CSC April 9 and I was hoping we'd be together by July! I don't know what I was thinking. Now it looks like we'll be lucky if it's November.

I am mainly really worried about the income requirements because I haven't made enough income until this year, when I should squeeze by, but it's not the end of the year yet. I was a student, got my somewhat useless degree, but that doesn't count. My job right now will be ending in a couple of months and I'll have to get another one. Hopefully that will work out, but it makes me nervous.

I have a co-sponsor but I heard that doesn't always work.

Has anyone else had any experiences of this sort?

Do they very often deny applications for this reason?

Thanks,

Blue

NOA1: April 6, 2006

IMBRA RFE: July 17, 2006

RFE #2: September 25, 2006

OMG a touch!: October 5, 2006

another touch!: October 7, 2006

hey, back up a minute...

APPROVED!!! October 4, 2006, received letter October 16, 2006

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Please fill in your timeline as this is very important in calculating the statistics on this board and to help other members answer any future questions if they can see at which stage you are at and which embassy et.

Thank you

Lina (UKC)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

Filed: Timeline

Blue,

If the consular officer is not confident that there is someone who can and will feed, clothe, and house your fiancee when she comes to the USA they will not approve her visa application.

How likely is it that the sponsor you have lined up will actually put up the money if need be? And will this be evident to a disinterested 3rd party (the consular officer)?

Yodrak

Hello Everyone!

I've been reading the posts for the last few weeks and it's been great and very helpful to get a better idea about this whole process--not for the impatient!

My I-129 was received at the CSC April 9 and I was hoping we'd be together by July! I don't know what I was thinking. Now it looks like we'll be lucky if it's November.

I am mainly really worried about the income requirements because I haven't made enough income until this year, when I should squeeze by, but it's not the end of the year yet. I was a student, got my somewhat useless degree, but that doesn't count. My job right now will be ending in a couple of months and I'll have to get another one. Hopefully that will work out, but it makes me nervous.

Thanks,

Blue

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Blue,

If the consular officer is not confident that there is someone who can and will feed, clothe, and house your fiancee when she comes to the USA they will not approve her visa application.

How likely is it that the sponsor you have lined up will actually put up the money if need be? And will this be evident to a disinterested 3rd party (the consular officer)?

Yodrak

Hello Everyone!

Thanks,

Blue

Thanks for the reply. My parents are my co-sponsors and I know they would put up the money, and I also know it won't be necessary. They don't work and have a set retirement income, but also considerable investment income, assets, and property. How do I convince the Consulate of their good faith? And could it possibly be a problem having parents for co-sponsors? They are also older, and I don't know if that's a problem, but if they were to die within the next five years, I would inherit their investments. So it seems pretty safe. But would it be a good idea for me to find a younger, unrelated co-sponsor too? Obviously I am pretty much in the dark about all this and any answers, if there are any, will be very much appreciated.

Also I WILL put up my timeline, but all I really have is the NOA1 date. Now I have started keeping track of things better.

Blue

NOA1: April 6, 2006

IMBRA RFE: July 17, 2006

RFE #2: September 25, 2006

OMG a touch!: October 5, 2006

another touch!: October 7, 2006

hey, back up a minute...

APPROVED!!! October 4, 2006, received letter October 16, 2006

bluestone,

As long as your parents have an income or assets that are above the poverty guidelines for their household size, they should be fine joint sponsors.

DCF (Germany)

April 7, 2006 - Married

April 15, 2006 - I-130 sent to Frankfurt Consulate

April 22, 2006 - I-130 returned to us (personal checks not acceptable)

April 24, 2006 - I-130 resubmitted with Credit Card Payment Form

June 14, 2006 - I-130 Approved

June 15, 2006 - Packet 3 Received

June 16, 2006 - OF-169 & Passport (Biographical Page Only) faxed to the Consulate

June 17, 2006 - DS 230 Part 1 & OF-169 mailed to the Consulate

June 26, 2006 - Packet 4 Received

June 27, 2006 - Medical Examination in Berlin

July 21, 2006 - Interview at Frankfurt Consulate

July 21, 2006 - Visa Approved!

August 22, 2006 - America!

July 26, 2008 - I-751 sent to VSC

August 1, 2008 - Check cashed

August 1, 2008 - NOA-1 received

September 9, 2008 - Biometics Appointment

March 12, 2009 - Transfer from VSC to CSC?

March 16, 2009 - Approved (10-year green card should be mailed within 60 days)

Filed: Timeline

Blue,

Parents are generally a pretty good bet as sponsors for one's fiance(e) (unless they're estranged, in which case they probably wouldn't sign an I-134 and give you their financial documentation anyway).

Yodrak

Blue,

Yodrak

Hello Everyone!

Thanks,

Blue

Thanks for the reply. My parents are my co-sponsors and I know they would put up the money, and I also know it won't be necessary. They don't work and have a set retirement income, but also considerable investment income, assets, and property. How do I convince the Consulate of their good faith? And could it possibly be a problem having parents for co-sponsors? They are also older, and I don't know if that's a problem, but if they were to die within the next five years, I would inherit their investments. So it seems pretty safe. But would it be a good idea for me to find a younger, unrelated co-sponsor too? Obviously I am pretty much in the dark about all this and any answers, if there are any, will be very much appreciated.

Also I WILL put up my timeline, but all I really have is the NOA1 date. Now I have started keeping track of things better.

Blue

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.