21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 months?? WOW! Did they atleast give you guys a permanent card then instead of conditional???

Hmmm..I just went to that link you gave me and it says that Boston is processing files received on december 25st 2005 (and they filled in march 2006??) and Dallas,Tx is processin May 1st 2005 :-(.You think these timelines are accurate??

For what it is worth my AOS through Dallas (the normal AOS and not DORA) took about 10 months (June 2005 to March 2006). When it came through we were all really happy that it happened that quickly as we had been told to expect a processing time closer to 18 months.

It only took 10 months for us, so I got the 2 year card.

If you have been married for more than 2 years when the AOS is approved you get the full 10 year green card.

On the bright side the interview in Dallas was really quick. I think we spent more time in the wiating room than we did being interviewed (about 15 minutes). We were in and out, complete with stamp in passport in under 20 minutes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

OK I just called NSC and after explaining her everything she said she will do the checking for me and If I didnt hear from them withing the next 30 days I should call her again.

And Pinac would you mind telling me more about that interview what did ask for what did they say?You know Im nervous when it comes to that :-(

18 months?? WOW! Did they atleast give you guys a permanent card then instead of conditional???

Hmmm..I just went to that link you gave me and it says that Boston is processing files received on december 25st 2005 (and they filled in march 2006??) and Dallas,Tx is processin May 1st 2005 :-(.You think these timelines are accurate??

For what it is worth my AOS through Dallas (the normal AOS and not DORA) took about 10 months (June 2005 to March 2006). When it came through we were all really happy that it happened that quickly as we had been told to expect a processing time closer to 18 months.

It only took 10 months for us, so I got the 2 year card.

If you have been married for more than 2 years when the AOS is approved you get the full 10 year green card.

On the bright side the interview in Dallas was really quick. I think we spent more time in the wiating room than we did being interviewed (about 15 minutes). We were in and out, complete with stamp in passport in under 20 minutes.

05/04/2009 - 10 year Green Card arrived!

11/4/2011 - N 400 Sent to Dallas Office

11/20/2011 - NOA Arrived

11/26/2012 - Biometrics Appointment

12/12/2011 - Interview Letter

01/12/2012 - Interview Completed

--/--/---- - Oath Letter

02/27/2012 - Oath Ceremony

" I have had dreams, and I've had nightmares. I overcame the nightmares because of my dreams"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
OK I just called NSC and after explaining her everything she said she will do the checking for me and If I didnt hear from them withing the next 30 days I should call her again.

And Pinac would you mind telling me more about that interview what did ask for what did they say?You know Im nervous when it comes to that :-(

The interview was pretty basic.

We were both sworn in.

Asked for our ID, gave him our passports.

He started looking through the file.

Asked us where we got married - Sedona Az

Asked why there

Asked if we had filed our taxes yet, we gave him our returns

Asked the have you ever ... questions from the 485 form

Ripped out the I94s from my passport (actually ended falling behind his desk)

Stamped my passport and explained that if I needed to travel before receiving my card to show the stamp

Then started to show us out

I had to ask if he wanted me to give him my EAD and AP, he did and he took them

As I said, we were in and out in under 20 minutes including the time spent in the lobby. In fact my wife commented that he did not even ask her a question.

The best pieces of advise I was given about the whole thing were to be patient and to only answer the questions that you are asked. If they want to know more they will ask.

In the end I ignored the first bit and spent a lot of time worrying about the worst case, when as it turned out they were right in that it all works out in the end and that it is just a matter of time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

So they didnt ask you for no evidences or something?Hmmm Lets hope ours will go as smoothly as yours...Wish me luck and Thank you (F)

The interview was pretty basic.

We were both sworn in.

Asked for our ID, gave him our passports.

He started looking through the file.

Asked us where we got married - Sedona Az

Asked why there

Asked if we had filed our taxes yet, we gave him our returns

Asked the have you ever ... questions from the 485 form

Ripped out the I94s from my passport (actually ended falling behind his desk)

Stamped my passport and explained that if I needed to travel before receiving my card to show the stamp

Then started to show us out

I had to ask if he wanted me to give him my EAD and AP, he did and he took them

As I said, we were in and out in under 20 minutes including the time spent in the lobby. In fact my wife commented that he did not even ask her a question.

The best pieces of advise I was given about the whole thing were to be patient and to only answer the questions that you are asked. If they want to know more they will ask.

In the end I ignored the first bit and spent a lot of time worrying about the worst case, when as it turned out they were right in that it all works out in the end and that it is just a matter of time.

05/04/2009 - 10 year Green Card arrived!

11/4/2011 - N 400 Sent to Dallas Office

11/20/2011 - NOA Arrived

11/26/2012 - Biometrics Appointment

12/12/2011 - Interview Letter

01/12/2012 - Interview Completed

--/--/---- - Oath Letter

02/27/2012 - Oath Ceremony

" I have had dreams, and I've had nightmares. I overcame the nightmares because of my dreams"

base in my experience that processing times is not accurate...it says that i can get my interview August 2006 but i got my interview last May i even called the immigration they told me that same information base on the processing times...1 person i know same state sa mine she got her AOS interview after 10mons. mine is after 3mons. from the date i filled it... i dont know what is their basis of giving interview schedule..

DELIGHT YOUR SELF TO THE LORD AND HE WILL GIVE THE DESIRES OF YOUR HEART

I-130 petition for my dad

06-01-2009 package sent

06-10-2009 check cashed

06-13-2009 noa 1 rec'd

09-10-2009 approved

09-25-2009 nvc assign case

10-01-2009 paid AOS fee

10-10-2009 mailed i-864

10-14-2009 paid iv bill

11-01-2009 got rfe

11-09-2009 sent the missing doc

11-28-2009 got email case completed

01-08-2010 interview APPROVED. 01-11-2010 visa on hand

Ok I just finished reading the post about AOS interview in Boston that was filled for in march 2006.We filled ours in december 2005 and I have received my EAD and notice that they received the paperwork needed but as of then no appointment letter for AOS or nothing oh and yeah I got my fingerprints done too.So after I saw this post I was wondering how come theirs was approved after only 4 months and we are still waiting??

BTW CONGRATULATIONS to those lucky two :-)

Hi, my husband and I filed our applications in December 2005 as well, we hadn't received anything until we got the EAD. Now we got our interview date, which is on July 24, 2006. Along the way of our filing process, we were requested for RFE for the proof of support of I485. My suggestion is try to follow up about your EAD first and then once they look up your file they might realize that they might as well arrange time for the interview. It happened to us before. Our guess is: we followed up this case(EAD) by calling 1-800, writing a letter to our congressman and making some infopass appointments. All we followed up about was for EAD only, but we also received our interview appointment as a reward for our effort. Good Luck. ;)

P.S. I forgot to tell you that I just got approved for EAD on June 15, 2006 but I filed all applications on December 20, 2005. And I read some thread here they said that they are more slow than us. Don't worry, but have to follow up and keep nagging them. Ha Ha Ha!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.