hampster

Medical Examination Procedures /American Visa, in Australia

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi All, :D

I asked the Doctor who i will be seeing ( hopefully shortly ) who does the,

Medical Examinations For U.S.A. VISA'S to send me this.

I hope it all helps anyone going through Australia DCF. :thumbs:

Cheers

Paul :whistle:

Dear Visa Applicant,

Medical Examination Procedures ‑ American Visa

** PLEASE READ THIS **

The Consular requirements can seem complicated, but if you follow these instructions exactly, the procedures will be easy. LEAVE YOURSELF PLENTY OF TIME!

STEP ONE:

Make sure you have:

• your current PASSPORT

• three (3) PASSPORT-SIZE PHOTOS

• your MEDICAL EXAMINATION INSTRUCTION LETTER, which you have received from the American Consulate. Fill in the applicant details under “Section I: Applicant to complete this section.” Do not mark the questionnaire sections.

STEP TWO:

Ring Joan on 8267 5600 (Mon to Wed 9 am to 4.30 pm) to arrange a time to bring all the above items to the following office address:

Dr David Miller

183 Tynte Street, North Adelaide (see map) – 1st floor, suite 8

Appointments (08) 8267 5600 (phone Joan, Mon to Wed 9 am to 4.30 pm)

You will there be given request forms for a chest x‑ray and blood test. If you are over the age of 14 you must undergo a chest x-ray and a blood test for HIV and syphilis. The results of these tests are later forwarded to Dr Miller for review on the day of your physical examination. Be aware that they take up to a week to be received by Dr Miller.

STEP THREE:

Book and have your chest x-ray at the same address. Appointments (8367 4100) are required.

Dr Jones

183 Tynte Street, North Adelaide (same building as Dr Miller) – ground floor X-ray Department.

Appointments (08) 8367 4100

Fee is $60.50 each inc. GST. Provided you book, waiting time is minimal.

STEP FOUR:

Have your blood test. No appointment is needed. Just go with your request form and Medicare card during working hours (to check open times you can ring (08) 8222 3000) to:

¨

I.M.V.S. Laboratory

Corner of Walter and Archer Streets, North Adelaide (see map)

If you bring your Medicare card no fee will be charged. Otherwise there will be a fee. Other laboratories can do the tests instead if you prefer, but they will charge a fee.

STEP FIVE:

Read the immunisation schedule provided. You must have certain immunisations - depending on your age - done or renewed, unless you bring written evidence of past immunisation with your documents. If you believe you are immune but don’t have written evidence, you may in some instances be able to have a specific blood test to prove immunity instead. You will have to pick up a special lab. request from Joan in that case.

Generally if you are aged 18 to 64 you will only need MMR, Td and Varicella vaccines, but do study the full schedule.

Make an appointment for immunisation with:

Dr B J Gilbert

182 Ward Street, North Adelaide

Appointments (08) 8267 3544

There will be a fee. Dr Gilbert will give you a letter of verification, which you must put with your documents.

If you prefer, your own doctor can do the immunisations. You must then get a letter of verification from that doctor.

STEP SIX:

Make an appointment for the medical examination with:

Dr David Miller

Appointments (08) 8267 5600 (phone Joan, Mon to Wed 9 am to 4.30 pm)

183 Tynte Street, North Adelaide – 1st floor, suite 8

No other doctor in S.A. is authorised to perform this examination. Generally an appointment will be available within two to three weeks.

STEP SEVEN:

Keep the appointment. Bring your PASSPORT and all documents. You must bring cash to pay the standard fee for the consultation, as follows:

$140 + $14 GST = $154.00 total (one adult)

$105 + $10.50 GST = $115.50 total (each additional person aged 15 and over in family)

$70 + $7 GST = $77.00 total (each child under 15 years)

FEES MUST BE PAID AT THE TIME OF THE EXAMINATION IN CASH ONLY;

STRICTLY NO CREDIT CARDS, EFTPOS OR CHEQUES.

Breathe a sigh of relief. That’s all.

"To love someone deeply gives you strength.

Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Very informative, thanks!

Edited by David A.

04 January 2004 : Met Stephanie in Las Vegas.

15 May 2006 : Joined visajourney

16 September 2006: Got married in Las Vegas.

03 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for certificate of name change.

12 October 2006 : Stephanie recieved certificate of name change.

16 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for NPC, recieves a couple weeks later.

29 November 2006 : Arrived in Sydney, stayed in 4Points Sheraton Darling Harbor.

30 November 2006 : DCF. Submitted I-130 Sydney US Consulate "walk-in Thursday". Packet 3 in hand.

11 December 2006 : Final Medical Appointment with Dr Miller and immunizations. Approved.

11 December 2006 : Sent off DS-230 Parts I and II, and DS-2001 overnight priority.

27 December 2006 : Received RFE in the mail, returned RFE same day.

24 January 2007 : New Legislation preventing approvals of I-130s at Consulate.

30 January 2007 : Final Visa Interview in Sydney.

22 February 2007: Sydney called for my wife to send her passport to issue the visa.

04 March 2007: Stephanie flies back to Australia to post her passport.

14 March 2007: Stephanie Recieves passport and visa.

18 March 2007: Stephanie is in Florida. Journey is over.

30 March 2007: Stephanie gets Social Security Card.

02 April 2007: Stephanie gets Green Card.

"what happens in Vegas, doesn't always stay in Vegas" - david

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Thanks for the information! :goofy:

June 17 2006 Mailed I-130 and all documents Embassy asked for.

June 24 2006 Found this wonderful forum!

July 12 2006 I-130 approved. Received Visa application/interview instructions.

July 24 2006 Medical Examination at Tokyo British Clinic (Only took 1 hour and 3 shots, Ouch!)

July 24 2006 Finger prints for Police Certificate at Consulate of Peru in Tokyo (a lot of bureaucracy).

August 27 2005 Got Peruvian police certificate. Applied for the Japanese one, which will take 5 days.

August 30 2006 Appointment Requested

September 6 2006 Got japanese police certificate

September 11 2006 Interview date

APPROVED!!!

brilliant thankyou!

I am an Adelaide girl and will be seeing that very same doctor. I am a K-1er but medical is medical. Im going to print your post to figure out my timing when i get back to OZ :idea:

:thumbs:

April 14 - sent I-129F to Vermont

April 25 - NOA1

May, June, July lost to IMBRA and RFE's

Aug 22 - NOA2

Sept 25 - interview date OCTOBER 13th

Oct 26 - arrived at JFK - work authorized

Nov 21 - apply SSN, received Nov 29

Dec 16 - marriage license

Jan 05 - wedding

Jan 30 - AOS begins

AOS

Feb 07 - NOA1 ,check cashed

Feb 28 - notice I-485 sent to CSC

Mar 10 - Biometrics

Apr 16 - surprise RFE arrives..they lost my medical. New medical returned, Apr 23

Jun 1st - RFE ..more medical BS ( go back for TB skin test)

Jun 28 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

July 06- Green card arrives.

LIFTING CONDITIONS 2009

June 12 - mailed package

June 15 - check cashed

June 19 - NOA extension letter ( card expires June 26th)

July 03 - Biometrics notice

July 14 - Biometrics appointment

OCT 29 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I can't believe the costs of the examination...:S

• Feb 13th Applied for I129F
  • May 3rd I129F Approved and sent to Department of State for processing.
  • **Waiting for Notice of I129F approval to show up in the mail!**
  • NOA2 Showed up in mail Wed 24th May 2006
  • ** Nervous as all hell - Still no Instruction packet**
  • ** 27th June Email - Saying Application Approved??? **
  • July 7th Packet 3 Arrived (First one went missing? - this one was marked 'duplicate')
  • Pack 4 arrived 31st July
  • Appointment 18th Aug

Hi all,

Thanks for the original post hampster, I'm about to start the medical procedure in Sydney. I have a quick question for anyone who has been through the medical check before.

Lets say I'm a person between the ages of 18 and 64 who's moved around quite a lot in their lifetime (and there's probably others in a similar situation) and thus trying to chase down what immunisations I've had over the years is probably a difficult task and I would rather just get one blood test which indicates everything that the examining doctor might want to see, is the below list sufficient to cover everything?

* Td immunisation

* Varicella (Chicken pox) immunisation/evidence of previous exposure

* MMR immunisation

* Test for HIV

* Test for Syphilis

Is that list complete and if I have the blood test done external to the panel doctor will that be ok? (I know for immunisations it might be but I'm wondering about the HIV and syphilis tests)

Thanks

AussieDude

Hi all,

Thanks for the original post hampster, I'm about to start the medical procedure in Sydney. I have a quick question for anyone who has been through the medical check before.

Lets say I'm a person between the ages of 18 and 64 who's moved around quite a lot in their lifetime (and there's probably others in a similar situation) and thus trying to chase down what immunisations I've had over the years is probably a difficult task and I would rather just get one blood test which indicates everything that the examining doctor might want to see, is the below list sufficient to cover everything?

* Td immunisation

* Varicella (Chicken pox) immunisation/evidence of previous exposure

* MMR immunisation

* Test for HIV

* Test for Syphilis

Is that list complete and if I have the blood test done external to the panel doctor will that be ok? (I know for immunisations it might be but I'm wondering about the HIV and syphilis tests)

Thanks

AussieDude

"To love someone deeply gives you strength.

Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.