NgocThuan

My fiancee had her interview at HCMC on August 19th

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Great news!! Congrats to both of you! :dance:

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I guess I should describe my experience first. We arrived at the embassy around 7:30am; her appointment is scheduled for 9:30am. I help her carry all the evidence stuffed in 2 laptop bags to the end of the line. There were about 50 or 60 people already lined up waiting to go inside. After the guard scanned her, he asked me to wait across the street with about a couple of dozen other people. Some were the locals trying to sell me a book or shine my shoes. Some even offered to buy my shoes. I only bought one book the whole time and kept my shoes. Lucky my cousin and Thuan’s sister in law waited with me because I don’t think they would have left me alone. It was a long wait. Although I had faith in her, I was still nervous because we’re talking about HCMC after all. During my wait outside, I noticed many people coming out of the embassy; some had a straight look on their face, so it was hard to tell if they got pink or blue. Others had a sad or angry expression which let me know they didn’t pass their interview. Maybe 1 or 2 with smiles telling me they got pink. Thuan finally comes out at 11:04am with a straight look on her face; I assumed the worst but was still hoping she somehow passed. After she crosses the street, she tells me xong roi. I said what do you mean xong roi? Still with a straight face, she says I’m all finish honey. Finish what? I got pink. Wow! She had me going there for a moment; I was so happy, I picked her up and kissed her. By that time, everyone else knew she got pink. Later, I will give her experience from inside the embassy when I can get her to sit down long enough to tell me all the details, as well as the interview questions thrown at her from an angry CO.

Congrats!!!! Way To Go!!!!

Thank you

Timeline
Congrat..... So what kind of question did they asked, how was the interviewer ... And did you submitted the time line right away or you so lucky that you didn't even submit the time line.... If you did submit the time line could you be nice and let us know about it.... Damn pass on some love with your luck to all of us too... Thanks for the info... :dance::thumbs:

Thanks guys. I will post her experience and interview questions tomorrow when we get back from visting her relatives in Can Gio. We are leaving soon, so I don't have time to post it now. Her interview lasted about 20 minutes and the CO was already angry before he interviewed her. I will elaborate later; I have to leave now.

Timeline

Thanks Anh Map; your advice has been very helpful to us. Thanks Jeromebinh; I feel for you guys and I hope it will work out for you guys, so you can be together soon. Have to go; my fiancee is waiting.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I guess I should describe my experience first. We arrived at the embassy around 7:30am; her appointment is scheduled for 9:30am. I help her carry all the evidence stuffed in 2 laptop bags to the end of the line. There were about 50 or 60 people already lined up waiting to go inside. After the guard scanned her, he asked me to wait across the street with about a couple of dozen other people. Some were the locals trying to sell me a book or shine my shoes. Some even offered to buy my shoes. I only bought one book the whole time and kept my shoes. Lucky my cousin and Thuan’s sister in law waited with me because I don’t think they would have left me alone. It was a long wait. Although I had faith in her, I was still nervous because we’re talking about HCMC after all. During my wait outside, I noticed many people coming out of the embassy; some had a straight look on their face, so it was hard to tell if they got pink or blue. Others had a sad or angry expression which let me know they didn’t pass their interview. Maybe 1 or 2 with smiles telling me they got pink. Thuan finally comes out at 11:04am with a straight look on her face; I assumed the worst but was still hoping she somehow passed. After she crosses the street, she tells me xong roi. I said what do you mean xong roi? Still with a straight face, she says I’m all finish honey. Finish what? I got pink. Wow! She had me going there for a moment; I was so happy, I picked her up and kissed her. By that time, everyone else knew she got pink. Later, I will give her experience from inside the embassy when I can get her to sit down long enough to tell me all the details, as well as the interview questions thrown at her from an angry CO.

Congrats!!!! Way To Go!!!!

Thank you

Have a save trip.... Please fill us all in as much detail as possible... Thanks... ;):)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.