8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

A few more quick questions ... :unsure:

What is the total cost for the CR1 Visa? Have found that the I-130 petition is US$380, but unclear as to other costs, eg. for the I-894.

Also, the documentary evidence (ie. photo, birth certificates, etc) which we supply for the I-130 petition - is it of the US Citizen (who is the petitioner) or of the person applying for the visa, or for both of us?

This answer is probably somewhere on the website, but running out of time so my apologies if it's already been addressed.

Our Interview is Friday week, 24th February. Will be so glad when all this is OVER!!!!

I don't have our receipt anymore, so I'm not sure of our exact total but we had our interview on Dec. 9, and the fees for the visa ran over $700 AUD. I want to say somewhere around $765, but bring extra just in case they've raised fees.

And the documentary evidence applies to both the petitioner and the benificiary. There should be a list in your packet as to what you need to bring.

Good luck with your interview. :]

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Dark Faery - was all that money INCLUDING fingerprinting and medical - or just what you paid at the consulate the day of your interview?

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Dark Faery - was all that money INCLUDING fingerprinting and medical - or just what you paid at the consulate the day of your interview?

karo, that was just the consulate fees- what we paid them on the day of our interview. Fingerprints were another $130 AUD (for QLD), while the medical ended up to total somewhere around $400 AUD.

Timeline

What is the total cost for the CR1 Visa? Have found that the I-130 petition is US$380, but unclear as to other costs, eg. for the I-894.

Also, the documentary evidence (ie. photo, birth certificates, etc) which we supply for the I-130 petition - is it of the US Citizen (who is the petitioner) or of the person applying for the visa, or for both of us?

This answer is probably somewhere on the website, but running out of time so my apologies if it's already been addressed.

Our Interview is Friday week, 24th February. Will be so glad when all this is OVER!!!!

I can answer this one!! When you go in to the consulate on the day of your interview, you will pay 570 American Dollars. Thats total for filing all of the paperwork and they do it in one fell swipe of the credit card. (Or cash if you prefer)

The information for the I130 is all for the american citizen. The australian citizen files their paperwork with THEIR set of papers that are filled out. You do need photos, make sure that you get at least three taken of each person just in case.

Hope this helps and good luck!! SO long as you have everything in the exact order that they tell you in the instructions and you dont have any of it bound together or in plastic sleeves, you will have a VERY easy time!

February 13, 2006:VISA APPROVED!!!!

November 18, 2006: Mia Grace is born

May 30, 2008: 10 year Greencard approved

I can answer this one!! When you go in to the consulate on the day of your interview, you will pay 570 American Dollars. Thats total for filing all of the paperwork and they do it in one fell swipe of the credit card. (Or cash if you prefer)

The information for the I130 is all for the american citizen. The australian citizen files their paperwork with THEIR set of papers that are filled out. You do need photos, make sure that you get at least three taken of each person just in case.

Hope this helps and good luck!! SO long as you have everything in the exact order that they tell you in the instructions and you dont have any of it bound together or in plastic sleeves, you will have a VERY easy time!

Look at the pro! You go girl, now you can answer all the questions! I'm old in terms of dcf now anyways.

I love my job.

Timeline

Look at the pro! You go girl, now you can answer all the questions! I'm old in terms of dcf now anyways.

I think the DCF fees just for the consulate add up to A$600-650. Police certs and medical will bring that to $1000+ tho. And even the photos for the DCF aren't normal passport photo sizes so they cost more. :/

Sept 2005 engaged in USA, Dec 2005 married in Australia ;)

Apr 2006 completed DCF in Sydney, May 2006 emigrated to USA, Aug 2006 started new job

Jul 2007 finally had wedding, Dec 2007 moved into our first house

Jun 2008 our son is born, now just waiting for I-751...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.