recentlymarried!!

Our Interview Experience in Los Angeles

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

OK so my hubby and i had our interview for 1:45pm today august 12th downtown LA.

I was a little nervous but mostly just wanting to get it over with and was very overprepared.

Here is a list of what we brought with us:

Photos for USCIS to keep

Bank statements

health Insurance statement

Car insurance

Joint Home phone account

Utility bill with only my name but shows our address

wedding album

another album filled with photos throughout our relationship

copies of all the original forms i submitted

all the NOAs i received from USCIS during the past 5 months

wedding invitations

church group flyers (my hubby and i hold a bible study for youngans')

Passports/ids etc

2 affidavit letters from close friends

wedding receipts from honeymoon, catering invoice, wedding vows

my aussie citizenship

both our birth certs. and our marriage cert.

joint costco cards

So we were sworn in, and the guy looked pretty serious, but youngish (i'd say 35/38)

he was cordial at first, asking us to separate our papers and documentation into 'original' piles and 'supplementary docs'

He asked me a bit about Australia and where in the uK i was born. Then we chatted a bit about the good ol' land of Oz. Somehow he mentioned that he plays against aussie, english and NZ people on world of War Craft, and then that subject totally DOMINATED the interview!!!

My hubby and i kept nudging each other coz it was hilarious!!! He was a total game nerd and would not stop, i honestly think i even zoned out once or twice (thank goodness hubby is up with all the video/computer game stuff) but had to pull my concentration back.

Then in the middle he asked how we met, we told him thru a mutual friend, then told him the basic timeline of how we started dating, to us getting married. All the while he couldn't wait to start chatting about WoW, and he was absent mindedly (well maybe not, but it just looked like a robotic second nature thing to us) punching holes in the documents we brought for him and attached it to the rest of the forms and papers in our file.

Then he left for a second, and came back and said congrats you are approved! He made sure he had our new address on his computer, told me briefly about removing conditions, then talked for another 20 minutes about how in China there are sweat shops with little kids playing WoW just to get paid etc etc, then we stood up shook hands and left with HUGE grins on our faces!!

We prayed for this day to be great, our friends and family also did so i want to take this opportunity to thank God immensely for his favor upon us and his blessing.

We were probably only waiting about 1/2 an hour in the waiting room, everyone there was really friendly, the waiting room wasn't packed and overall a very encouraging experience! I feel lucky as all up its only been 5 months.

I know there are many similar stories to mine so i want to say congrats to everyone who has just been or just about to go for their interviews!

I would love to answer any questions anyone might have?? im no expert, i only know that im a simple aussie girl who came here as a tourist and adjusted from that (sorry K-1ers) and am now able to breathe a sigh of relief!

Cheerio!

:)

Congratulations!!!

Whats the name of your IO? I had interview last Friday in LA.

Adjustment of Status

Dec 3, 2008 - Aug 20, 2009 (approval on August 7th)

Removing of Conditions

May 9, 2011 - October 4, 2011 (approval on September 28th)

Naturalization

July 19, 2014 - N400 packet sent out

July 21, 2014 - N400 packet delivered

July 23, 2014 - received email/text that I-797 is issued

July 26, 2014 - received I-797 in mail

August 11, 2014 - received the Biometrics notification

August 14, 2014 - biometrics walk-in (original date August 20)

August 18, 2014 - in line for interview scheduling

September 9, 2014 - yellow letter is received (letter is issued September 3)

November 3, 2014 - interview notice is issued (email/text alert)

November 10, 2014 - interview notice received with the interview date of December 11, 2014.

November 10, 2014 - request to reschedule mailed out

December 5, 2014 - interview notice is sent out (email/text alert)

December 11, 2014 - received an interview letter in mail

January 10, 2015 - interview on Saturday at 7am

January 26, 2015 - sent the requested documentation

February 26, 2015 - oath letter is issued (email/text alert)

March 2, 2015 - oath letter is received

March 18, 2015 - oath at 8am

congrats

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.